Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 22, 2020, 10:29am
See on the Grimsby Live site there is a chance to name a road ....surely we should honour the first manager to take us to Wembley  ......and see he always did it his way the name should be Buckley Way
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 22, 2020, 10:39am; Reply: 1
My thoughts exactly
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 22, 2020, 10:40am; Reply: 2
Yes!
Posted by: Sandford1981, September 22, 2020, 10:41am; Reply: 3
Great suggestion!
Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 22, 2020, 10:47am; Reply: 4
Mcdermott Way
Posted by: Sammo, September 22, 2020, 10:47am; Reply: 5
Great idea but wouldn't we be better having a Buckley Way at any potential new ground we have? I know it is a long way off but walking down Buckley Way to our new ground would be a great tribute to our greatest manager.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 22, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 6
Living as I do in the vicinity of Bestall Rd, which I think is the only current street name associated with Town, to have another would be cool. Gets my vote.
Posted by: marinerdazza, September 22, 2020, 10:49am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Sammo
Great idea but wouldn't we be better having a Buckley Way at any potential new ground we have? I know it is a long way off but walking down Buckley Way to our new ground would be a great tribute to our greatest manager.

I’d like to see Alan commemorated in his lifetime. And mine.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 22, 2020, 11:06am; Reply: 8

Grimsby Live....

"The developer behind a new housing scheme providing 42 new homes has asked Grimsby Live readers to come up with names for the streets.

Paul Bannister of Land Development Lincs Ltd aims to reflect the history of the former Thrunscoe School site on Highgate, Cleethorpes.

He hopes there are enough famous former pupils after whom he can name the new roads."

I had a couple of lessons a week at the old annex at the back on Parker Street when I was at Beacon Hill/Matthew, does that count me in   ;D

Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, September 22, 2020, 12:30pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Grimsby Live....

"The developer behind a new housing scheme providing 42 new homes has asked Grimsby Live readers to come up with names for the streets.

Paul Bannister of Land Development Lincs Ltd aims to reflect the history of the former Thrunscoe School site on Highgate, Cleethorpes.

He hopes there are enough famous former pupils after whom he can name the new roads."

I had a couple of lessons a week at the old annex at the back on Parker Street when I was at Beacon Hill/Matthew, does that count me in   ;D

he's not got many options there then. Vivean Grey Street.

http://www.visitoruk.com/Cleethorpes/famous-people.html

Posted by: realist, September 22, 2020, 12:39pm; Reply: 10
I would prefer Mcmenemy way - he achieved a lot in a short time.
Posted by: toontown, September 22, 2020, 12:39pm; Reply: 11
People are invited to email suggested names to

bannisterdevelopments@gmail.com

I think Buckley Way is great idea!
Posted by: Garth, September 22, 2020, 12:47pm; Reply: 12
Buckley Way would be fine,  as long as it goes side to side and is rough as a badgers bottom
Posted by: lee65, September 22, 2020, 1:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Mcdermott Way

We could call it Lester Way, but may have too many unseen trip hazards  ;)

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 22, 2020, 1:37pm; Reply: 14
Wainman Close
Jobling Way
McDermott Road
Cummins Way
Bonetti Strada
Disley Gardens........

;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, September 22, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Cummins Way

Not sure a header v Luton in the fifth tier justifies a road, tbh.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 22, 2020, 4:35pm; Reply: 16
Buckley Boulevard sounds a bit more posh!  ;)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 22, 2020, 4:36pm; Reply: 17
Groves Grove
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 22, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 18
Groves close

But Mendonca scores the rebound

🚕
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 22, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 19
Non Chairman way
Posted by: Poojah, September 22, 2020, 4:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
Living as I do in the vicinity of Bestall Rd, which I think is the only current street name associated with Town, to have another would be cool. Gets my vote.

Pretty sure Robson Road was named after Joe Robson, a Town player from that same era.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Robson
Posted by: ginnywings, September 22, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Pretty sure Robson Road was named after Joe Robson, a Town player from that same era.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Robson

Cheers!

Didn't know that.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 22, 2020, 4:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Wainman Close
Jobling Way
McDermott Road
Cummins Way
Bonetti Strada
Disley Gardens........

;D ;D ;D ;D

Alexander Alley
Batch Boulevard
Drinkell Drive
Tees Terrace
Waters Way

;D ;D ;D

Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 22, 2020, 7:39pm; Reply: 23
Serge Makofo Gardens
Posted by: gobby, September 22, 2020, 9:43pm; Reply: 24
Buckley Way is nice and with a cul de sac at the bottom which could be called Bitter End. 😎
UTMM
Posted by: Humbercod, September 22, 2020, 10:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from gobby
Buckley Way is nice and with a cul de sac at the bottom which could be called Bitter End. 😎
UTMM

Illegal blow 🥊
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, September 23, 2020, 7:24am; Reply: 26
Squeaky Street
Posted by: wuffing, September 23, 2020, 8:43am; Reply: 27
Might be a tad early, but....Hollo Way.... ;D
Posted by: Mallyner, September 23, 2020, 9:04am; Reply: 28
I have 100% respect and feeling for Alan.

However, built on the site of my old school.

Boylen Way.

Dave lives about half a mile away and I have always associated him with the Meggies area of Cleethorpes, whereas Alan since I have known him with Waltham.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2020, 12:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from promotion plaice

Grimsby Live....

Promotion Place!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2020, 12:47pm; Reply: 30
Buckley Way is a great suggestion (as is Boylan Walk).

Buckley Way would be a very pleasing on the eye cul-de-sac with 4 houses at the back, two on each side in the middle, and two at the front.

There’d have to be some quirky covenants governing leaseholders. All hedges to be kept short and neatly trimmed (no fancy topiary). You’d be obliged to cross from one side of the road to the other before proceeding to the front of the street, and then back to the other side of the road before finally reaching your goal in a surge from the middle.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 23, 2020, 2:40pm; Reply: 31
Serge Makofo Gardens

Richard bROADie
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 23, 2020, 3:23pm; Reply: 32
Serge Makofo Gardens

The houses were supposed to be built with red bricks but the builders accidentally ordered yellow.

I'm going for Paul Grove(s)
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 28, 2020, 1:15pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Brazilnut
See on the Grimsby Live site there is a chance to name a road ....surely we should honour the first manager to take us to Wembley  ......and see he always did it his way the name should be Buckley Way

Or the Highway.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 28, 2020, 2:17pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Buckley Way is a great suggestion (as is Boylan Walk).

Buckley Way would be a very pleasing on the eye cul-de-sac with 4 houses at the back, two on each side in the middle, and two at the front.

There’d have to be some quirky covenants governing leaseholders. All hedges to be kept short and neatly trimmed (no fancy topiary). You’d be obliged to cross from one side of the road to the other before proceeding to the front of the street, and then back to the other side of the road before finally reaching your goal in a surge from the middle.

If they go for Boylen please make sure they don't spell it like you did, could be embarrassing  ;D

Posted by: Mayaman, September 28, 2020, 2:45pm; Reply: 35
Amond Avenue.  The Riby sSuare prossies can then move there so you're bound to score.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 28, 2020, 2:51pm; Reply: 36
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been suggested.... but surely it has to be Hollo Way?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 28, 2020, 3:10pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from friskneymariner

Or the Highway.

When did Steve play for us
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 28, 2020, 3:13pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been suggested.... but surely it has to be Hollo Way?

Only when he's achieved something here   ;)

Posted by: mimma, September 28, 2020, 3:15pm; Reply: 39
Since Sir Alan Buckley always had his way of playing the game, I would suggest Alan Buckley Way because there are other Buckleys around, and sounds less formal to use forename, ie Mathew Ford Way, named after a brave local lad killed in Afghanistan.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 28, 2020, 6:46pm; Reply: 40
Hill Rise ( Brian Hill, known to ancient fans).  
Posted by: RonMariner, September 29, 2020, 10:05am; Reply: 41
Quoted from mimma
Since Sir Alan Buckley always had his way of playing the game, I would suggest Alan Buckley Way because there are other Buckleys around, and sounds less formal to use forename, ie Mathew Ford Way, named after a brave local lad killed in Afghanistan.

Gets my vote.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 29, 2020, 10:06am; Reply: 42
Would also suggest Matt Tees Street.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 29, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Brazilnut

I've always thought this too so second that emotion Brazilnut   ;)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 5:04pm