Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, September 19, 2020, 7:51pm
I read a post on here last week you all shot down when someone said that Holloway isn't the Messiah you all thought he is.
We will go down this season make no mistake. The man is smoke and mirrors and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
Red cross away but in a few weeks all the red crossers will be the angriest among us all.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 19, 2020, 7:53pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
I read a post on here last week you all shot down when someone said that Holloway isn't the Messiah you all thought he is.
We will go down this season make no mistake. The man is smoke and mirrors and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
Red cross away but in a few weeks all the red crossers will be the angriest among us all.

Has it occurred to you that he is neither the Messiah nor the Devil Incarnate and we'll probably wallow in the bottom third of the table which has become our habitual spot?
Posted by: denni266, September 19, 2020, 7:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Well said that man .
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 19, 2020, 7:55pm; Reply: 3
Bore off!...2 games in and listen to yourself, bet that wasn't your rhetoric when we did Scunthorpe 2-0 on their patch!!
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, September 19, 2020, 7:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

We will go down this season make no mistake.

Nothing like a bit of positivity after TWO games. We’re all disappointed at the start of the season but with 44 games to go some people might have jumped the gun a little bit don’t you think?

Posted by: Boris Johnson, September 19, 2020, 8:00pm; Reply: 5
We will be relegated.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 19, 2020, 8:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Boris Johnson
We will be relegated.

The sooner they lock you down the better, sick to death of your bloody negativity!!!.
Posted by: It Bites, September 19, 2020, 8:26pm; Reply: 7
My own opinion is that this all reminds me of Buckley MK3 ........
Posted by: Mariner16, September 19, 2020, 8:35pm; Reply: 8
We are 2 games in without 5/6 fit senior players you flipping morons
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 19, 2020, 8:39pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner16
We are 2 games in without 5/6 fit senior players you flipping morons

And according to Ollie at least one more to come in.

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 19, 2020, 8:43pm; Reply: 10
Too.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 19, 2020, 8:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from friskneymariner
Too.

naive
Posted by: Teesknees, September 19, 2020, 9:11pm; Reply: 12
We will be relegated.

Don't be so pathetic!
Posted by: rancido, September 19, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 13
The season is won in the last 4 or 5 games, not in the first 4 or 5.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 19, 2020, 10:21pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from rancido

True but it can be lost in the first 4 or 5

Posted by: SDUTM, September 19, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from promotion plaice

And according to Ollie at least one more to come in.

Bloody hell, it’s worrying the amount of players that we have yet still not able to put a good team out onto the pro.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 19, 2020, 10:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from rancido

Cheltenham & Bolton away, Bradford home next three games could see us 0 from 15. I hope not but....
Posted by: ska face, September 19, 2020, 10:51pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from rancido

Braindead thinking. 3 points in September is worth the same as 3 points in May. Maybe this attitude is why we always stumble out of the blocks which sets the negative tone for the season. Why can’t we ever get a decent run over the first 10 games?
Posted by: aldi_01, September 20, 2020, 12:40am; Reply: 18
We will be playing catch up, simple as that. Our flimsy excuses are wearing thin after 2 league games. We seem devoid of any ideas and whilst people can say a season is won on the last 4/5 games, may be that is true but by the time this shower sort themselves out we could be well adrift, this rendering the season another right off.

How long do we have to wait for players to be ready? When will professional sports people be fit? When will the manager pick side that may actually win a game? When will the excuses stop and we look organised, fully fit and have a plan?

It’s very frustrating at the minute and the aggression and anger should not be dismissed; picking positives is fine but it’s important to remember the excrement bits and work hard to alter them....
Posted by: denni266, September 20, 2020, 5:03am; Reply: 19
Maby the club dont want to go up.. Can you imagine our non chairman`s face .... Er by the way John . our wage bill will be about a million more than last year .. cue heart attack  ;)
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 20, 2020, 7:46am; Reply: 20
This is supposedly a professional football club ,they should be prepared from day one of the season,the attitude of winners is to be competitive for 90+minutes of every matches.Those who are saying there is plenty of time left are legitimising the shocking state of unreadiness that permeates this club and all must bear responsibility for.That in my opinion why we are perpetually also runs and this attitude is preventing focusing what is really wrong with this club.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 20, 2020, 7:47am; Reply: 21
Quoted from denni266
Maby the club dont want to go up.. Can you imagine our non chairman`s face .... Er by the way John . our wage bill will be about a million more than last year .. cue heart attack  ;)

You’re right. Lincoln’s is THREE million more than ours! Take that in.....
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 20, 2020, 8:03am; Reply: 22
Quoted from friskneymariner
This is supposedly a professional football club ,they should be prepared from day one of the season,the attitude of winners is to be competitive for 90+minutes of every matches.Those who are saying there is plenty of time left are legitimising the shocking state of unreadiness that permeates this club and all must bear responsibility for.That in my opinion why we are perpetually also runs and this attitude is preventing focusing what is really wrong with this club.

I read on another platform Holloway was sat in a boozer on the sauce mid day last Tuesday in Bridlington which if true i found pretty strange unless of course he was trying maybe to track down Curtis woodhouse  to prevent us from being bullied by Salford
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 20, 2020, 8:39am; Reply: 23
We will be relegated.

You, and others like you are just trolls!  Ignore them.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 20, 2020, 8:40am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Heisenberg

I would imagine their income is bigger than ours too.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 20, 2020, 8:48am; Reply: 25
I don’t have an issue with Holloway or players having a day off etc. but whether it’s true or not, at this moment you’d be hard pushed to see how this changes.

We look well off the pace and there could be many a reason for that. Of course we have w group of fans who often called sharp objects or miserable and told to support someone else if they don’t go all happy clappy  and realise Fenty is the saviour of GTFC and Holloway will lead us to the promised land but we probably have a majority now that realise that neither are true, although we’re all begging the latter is a success.

Is the fact we came back later than others an issue? Have some of our players done little work during lockdown? Have we brought players in to make up numbers been a bigger gamble and now we’re entirely underprepared? Are our training methods not very good? Are we lacking ideas? Is the club in a worse state than we’re being told? Endless questions.

Something has to change, people justifying the fact we’re only two league games in as some reason not to worry but we’ve got a difficult start and within a month we could still have zero points and zero goals. That attitude is symptomatic of the club. It’s ok. We exist and plod, that’s enough. We don’t need anything else. We don’t need fresh ideas and our way is the way to operate a club.

It’s not. Sadly the folk in that position refuse to acknowledge that. Nobody is saying we should be a championship club, nobody is saying we should spend mad cash on wages but teams have been progressive and forward thinking working within the same constraints as GTFC.

We’ve a couple of players who’ve shown some signs of being a footballer, the left back looks decent, Edwards needs to work on his final ball but could be decent and scannell looked ok when I saw him. We’ve also got some that are really disappointing so far and I hope they improve quickly; Williams doesn’t look an upgrade at the minute, Taylor, whilst young doesn’t look great and I’m not sure about the lad at the back.

We’ve got a full week again before a tough away game next week, let’s hope and pray we figure something out else it’s definitely gonna be a long season...
Posted by: Impish2, September 20, 2020, 9:01am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Heisenberg

Our budget has been cut by 40% so not sure where you get the three million idea.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 20, 2020, 9:02am; Reply: 27
If Tilley’s shot at the end of the Walsall game had been 6 inches to the right it would have ended 1 - 1 and a good away point.

Yesterday a shocking refereeing decision for the 2nd pen killed us after a bright start to the 2nd half. They cleared at least 1 off the line, there keeper made a really good saves in the 1st half and we where in on goal at least once as well so it’s not all doom and gloom.

It will need to change soon though !
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2020, 9:10am; Reply: 28
Has everyone had a nice sleep and decided life isn’t that bad after all?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 20, 2020, 9:14am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Impish2

Our budget has been cut by 40% so not sure where you get the three million idea.

I neither know nor care what Lincoln's budget is, but what you say sounds about right, given the new salary cap of 2.5 million in League 1. There will be a certain amount of leeway to give teams time to adjust their budgets accordingly, given that contracts have to be honoured from pre salary cap, but it seems unlikely that your budget is 3 million more than ours.  :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, September 20, 2020, 9:22am; Reply: 30
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Has everyone had a nice sleep and decided life isn’t that bad after all?

I spent the last part of last week in DPOW recovering from an op and finally had my first good nights sleep last night, so yeah, life aint bad this morning. My bowels have also come back on line, which is even more sweet.

The moral being that you need to chill out people, and realise football, however important in your lives, isn't life itself.
Posted by: golfer, September 20, 2020, 9:29am; Reply: 31
Quoted from rancido
A MATCH is won in the last 4 or 5 games, not in the first 4 or 5.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 20, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings

I spent the last part of last week in DPOW recovering from an op and finally had my first good nights sleep last night, so yeah, life aint bad this morning. My bowels have also come back on line, which is even more sweet.

The moral being that you need to chill out people, and realise football, however important in your lives, isn't life itself.

Nothing too serious I hope mate

Speedy recovery
Posted by: ginnywings, September 20, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 33
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Nothing too serious I hope mate

Speedy recovery

Cheers!

Nothing fatal, but you see others in there in a bad way and it puts things into perspective.
Posted by: rancido, September 20, 2020, 9:52am; Reply: 34
Quoted from ska face

Braindead thinking. 3 points in September is worth the same as 3 points in May. Maybe this attitude is why we always stumble out of the blocks which sets the negative tone for the season. Why can’t we ever get a decent run over the first 10 games?

Thank you  for the insult - some posters never fail to amaze me with their reaction to a post! If, after 4 games, town are 6 points from relegation safety then there are still 38 games and a potential 114 points available to secure safety. If, after 38 games, town are still 6 points from safety then there are only 12 points available to make up that deficit. This is not 'braindead thinking', it is looking at the mathematics of the situation.
Posted by: rancido, September 20, 2020, 5:01pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from golfer

Misquote golfer!
Posted by: golfer, September 20, 2020, 5:58pm; Reply: 36
;D
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 20, 2020, 7:26pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from rancido

Thank you  for the insult - some posters never fail to amaze me with their reaction to a post! If, after 4 games, town are 6 points from relegation safety then there are still 38 games and a potential 114 points available to secure safety. If, after 38 games, town are still 6 points from safety then there are only 12 points available to make up that deficit. This is not 'braindead thinking', it is looking at the mathematics of the situation.

Don't mind Wolfie - he insults everybody he doesn't agree with.
Posted by: rancido, September 21, 2020, 8:26am; Reply: 38

Don't mind Wolfie - he insults everybody he doesn't agree with.

I don't mind, I've been insulted by better than him!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 21, 2020, 10:06am; Reply: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If Tilley’s shot at the end of the Walsall game had been 6 inches to the right it would have ended 1 - 1 and a good away point.

Yesterday a shocking refereeing decision for the 2nd pen killed us after a bright start to the 2nd half. They cleared at least 1 off the line, there keeper made a really good saves in the 1st half and we where in on goal at least once as well so it’s not all doom and gloom.

It will need to change soon though !

And if my Aunty had a pair of b*ll*cks she'd be my Uncle.
Posted by: Garth, September 21, 2020, 10:31am; Reply: 40
Quoted from GollyGTFC

And if my Aunty had a pair of b*ll*cks she'd be my Uncle.

Not if she was a trannie
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 21, 2020, 10:40am; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I would imagine their income is bigger than ours too.

Absolutely.  I wouid also point out that it's £2m over what the proposed L1 salary cap will allow.  No doubt there will be ZERO implications for anyone breaking it, mind.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 21, 2020, 10:43am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Heisenberg

Absolutely.  I wouid also point out that it's £2m over what the proposed L1 salary cap will allow.  No doubt there will be ZERO implications for anyone breaking it, mind.

I've started a new thread on salary cap and it's exemptions. They will be no where near the L1 salary cap of £2.5m even if the suggested £4.5m wage bill is true.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, September 21, 2020, 11:29am; Reply: 43
Anyone who saw the game on Saturday will have likely noticed that we will struggle to score goals.

I am sure Ollie will have noticed that too and that maybe he can use that to convince "old squeaky" to dig a little deeper into his pocket.

So for those that want Bogle back, all may not be lost.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:06am