Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: smokey111, December 24, 2019, 4:49pm
What team do we play? Formation? How can we grab a goal and hopefully a win? I would go 4-4-1-1

Macca
Hendrie      Davis         Waterfall       Gibson

Clifton       Hess       Robson           Wright

Vernam

Ogbu

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 24, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 1
                         Russell
Hendrie.      Davis.       Waterfall.    Gibson
       Clifton.      Hess.       Robson.
           Wright.           Vernham
                   Green or Ogbu.

Give Waterfall the arm band.....I may get slated for dropping Macca but I'm convinced Russell commands his area and has generally a better delivery and speed of thought
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 24, 2019, 5:09pm; Reply: 2
Someone's started on the Christmas sherry a little too early!
Posted by: smokey111, December 25, 2019, 1:01pm; Reply: 3
Drop Macca.......think AL wouldn't last the rest of Boxing day!!!
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 25, 2019, 1:40pm; Reply: 4
Russell is here as a coach only and emergency player. He's about as old as me! JM is a good league 2 goalkeeper, probably the best in the division.

That said, I am absolutely against goalkeepers as captains, I've seen JM running up the pitch to get involved in things that don't concern a goalkeeper. He did it against the filth last Saturday, I'd prefer him to be inside his 18 yard box scanning for runners and organising and assisting his defence as he has a unique view of the defensive third and beyond. I think he'd take it badly if he was replaced mid season, it's nothing against him but he's just in the wrong position to wear the armband IMO.
Posted by: smokey111, December 25, 2019, 3:38pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Russell is here as a coach only and emergency player. He's about as old as me! JM is a good league 2 goalkeeper, probably the best in the division.

That said, I am absolutely against goalkeepers as captains, I've seen JM running up the pitch to get involved in things that don't concern a goalkeeper. He did it against the filth last Saturday, I'd prefer him to be inside his 18 yard box scanning for runners and organising and assisting his defence as he has a unique view of the defensive third and beyond. I think he'd take it badly if he was replaced mid season, it's nothing against him but he's just in the wrong position to wear the armband IMO.

Spot on!
Posted by: Abdul19, December 25, 2019, 5:58pm; Reply: 6
Ogbu for Green, keep the other 10 unchanged.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 25, 2019, 6:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
Ogbu for Green, keep the other 10 unchanged.

Green definitely needs a spell out of the team. He is really struggling for form. I'd go Ogbu wide left, Wright wide right and Vernam in his natural central spot. Wouldn't be against swapping Ogbu and Vernam. If you played them three together though away, a concern would be the lack of a natural target man able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Green can do that to be fair. Interesting choice for Limbrick.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 25, 2019, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
Any reason Skybet don’t have the game listed tomorrow?
Posted by: essexexile, December 25, 2019, 6:38pm; Reply: 9
Think cos it's Christmas & Maccy next club to fold we should play 5-3-2-1 like we did at school
You never know we might score more than they do, say 7-9
Posted by: golfer, December 25, 2019, 7:33pm; Reply: 10
If Hanson fit he's got to play
Posted by: smokey111, December 25, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from golfer
If Hanson fit he's got to play

He isn't.
Posted by: ancientmariner54, December 25, 2019, 10:32pm; Reply: 12
Same lineup as Saturday with maybe Ogbu in from the start for Green.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 25, 2019, 11:50pm; Reply: 13
Same team that played against Exeter for me... Best performance of the season and we've never played the same XI and formation since!
Posted by: Teestogreen, December 25, 2019, 11:56pm; Reply: 14
What changed to allow Macclesfield to suddenly have a ground safety certificate? Not seen any words relating to this. Hope town fans are safe.
Posted by: golfer, December 26, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Teestogreen
What changed to allow Macclesfield to suddenly have a ground safety certificate? Not seen any words relating to this. Hope town fans are safe.

Macclesfield have just issued a message regarding the safety of their ground " Can all Grimsby supporters stand on the left of the stand and once the game starts do not move-clapping is allowed but do not stamp feet if Town score. Toilets are closed due to the plumbing problems,no hot food available due to fire certificate, only single file entry for first 50 away supporters allowed ,disclaimer notices to be signed on entry,balls not to be retrieved past the no entry barriers,. We hope you enjoy the game but if subsidence occurs get out of the ground via any exits that are still standing.We hope you all enjoy the game and fingers crossed that it doesn't rain-the roof will be replaced as soon as possible. A word of warning -do not park within 500mtrs. of ground as access is required at all times for police,ambulances,  fire engines and the vicar
Posted by: Croxton, December 26, 2019, 8:39am; Reply: 16
Interesting backdrop to today's game.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/25/macclesfield-town-club-breaking-point-broken-promises-unpaid/
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 26, 2019, 8:57am; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

Macclesfield have just issued a message regarding the safety of their ground " Can all Grimsby supporters stand on the left of the stand and once the game starts do not move-clapping is allowed but do not stamp feet if Town score. Toilets are closed due to the plumbing problems,no hot food available due to fire certificate, only single file entry for first 50 away supporters allowed ,disclaimer notices to be signed on entry,balls not to be retrieved past the no entry barriers,. We hope you enjoy the game but if subsidence occurs get out of the ground via any exits that are still standing.We hope you all enjoy the game and fingers crossed that it doesn't rain-the roof will be replaced as soon as possible. A word of warning -do not park within 500mtrs. of ground as access is required at all times for police,ambulances,  fire engines and the vicar

That's all well and good, but we're not playing at home
Posted by: AussieMariner, December 26, 2019, 9:57am; Reply: 18
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Green definitely needs a spell out of the team. He is really struggling for form. I'd go Ogbu wide left, Wright wide right and Vernam in his natural central spot. Wouldn't be against swapping Ogbu and Vernam. If you played them three together though away, a concern would be the lack of a natural target man able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Green can do that to be fair. Inte[b][/b]resting choice for Limbrick.

I think Ogbu can hold the ball up - in fact I think he’s played his best football for us in that position, although very briefly.
If Vernam can show the same form as against Scunny that could be a very effective front three.
The thing that let us down on Saturday IMO was lack of composure not just in front of goal but generally in attack when we had space.
Hoping it’s down to a lack of confidence rather than innate. If the former it can be reversed and maybe all we need is a slice of luck. If the latter we’re stuffed.
Posted by: devs, December 26, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 19
Feel strangely optimistic
I was impressed with how we played v Scunny
Only thing missing - goals... sadly the most important thing

I'd just swap Green for Ogbu
433 - players seem happy with it and I like fact AL is keeping selection consistent

Think Pollock is unlucky but at least it's same back four which has to be good

At this level if you get a win you can easily get 3 or 4

Fingers crossed
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 26, 2019, 10:28am; Reply: 20
I think if we play 4-4-6 we might be in with a chance.
Posted by: sydney, December 26, 2019, 11:37am; Reply: 21
With Maccs recent run both off and on the pitch we should / need to pick up points today
If we lose today we are in the thick of it with Macc Morecombe and Stevenage
Come on Town
Posted by: golfer, December 26, 2019, 11:47am; Reply: 22
Quoted from jock dock tower
I think if we play 4-4-6 we might be in with a chance.

The refs dont seem very bright-we just might get away with it
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, December 26, 2019, 2:07pm; Reply: 23
knowing Town's luck we'll get another Poundland ref- not exactly top draw or questionable value for money with no guarantees of
reliability.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, December 26, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 24
Going down going down going down cheers Fenty 👍🏻
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:02am