Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Zmariner, November 4, 2018, 9:43pm
Will need a positive result against Mansfield to get me there. So bored this season even with the season-ticket I’m struggling to go . I know others who are feeling the same and so I fear for the crowd on Saturday utm
Posted by: Croxton, November 4, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 1
Me too. As an exile I would rather do an extra away game unless there are other good reasons to be in N Lincs that day.
We do not have the squad to cope with a cup run anyway.
Posted by: Cloudy, November 4, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Croxton
Me too. As an exile I would rather do an extra away game unless there are other good reasons to be in N Lincs that day.
We do not have the squad to cope with a cup run anyway.

A cup run could give us some finance to improve the squad!

I already have my ticket but 1st things first, a trip to Mansfield
Posted by: Croxton, November 4, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 3
In theory yes. In reality, we have to make the league the priority. The squad lacks the physicality and experience to cope with replays and extra injuries. Time for the Manure / Barcelona plastics who live in the town to rediscover their home team. Reduce prices, market the club blah, blah,
Posted by: GrimRob, November 4, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Cloudy

A cup run could give us some finance to improve the squad!

I already have my ticket but 1st things first, a trip to Mansfield

Not this season. We're not going to get a pot of gold until the third round, by the time any prize money hits the bank account it's going to be well into January. About the best we can hope for is to beat MK Dons, draw Sunderland away and get a replay, win that, and get drawn at a premier league giant away in Round 3. There's a lot of "ifs" in there.
Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, November 5, 2018, 12:47am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Zmariner
Will need a positive result against Mansfield to get me there. So bored this season even with the season-ticket I’m struggling to go . I know others who are feeling the same and so I fear for the crowd on Saturday utm

Remember you can be the 12th man, so lets make some noise for the boys (icon_rolleyes)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, November 5, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cricklewoodmariner

Remember you can be the 12th man, so lets make some noise for the boys (icon_rolleyes)

It's about time the players made some noise for the long suffering fans.
Posted by: marinerdazza, November 5, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 7
I don't want to. I'm going to the pub instead. Back for Crawley.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 6, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 8
Well I certainly won't be there, for as much as I live town I ain't flying back off my holiday....unless Fenty will pay for my return flight ::)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, November 6, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 9
I have real issues attending this game. I believe each club gets 45 percent of the gate receipts so by attending am I condoning their existence or supporting my team?

I'll never set foot in that monstrosity of a stadium of theirs. This is the worst possible draw for me. I have a fair amount of thinking to do.
Posted by: fiveallive, November 6, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 10
Grimsby need to concentrate on the League, and staying in the Football League so far we have lost to Morecambe and Cambridge to possible relegation candidates.

We to sort out winning these 6 pointers, forget FA Cup.
Posted by: gaz57, November 7, 2018, 7:31am; Reply: 11
Quoted from fiveallive
Grimsby need to concentrate on the League, and staying in the Football League so far we have lost to Morecambe and Cambridge to possible relegation candidates.

We to sort out winning these 6 pointers, forget FA Cup.

I understand how you feel but the fans deserve a win , it would help with team confidence and put money in the bank if we win for the January window which would benefit us in the league.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:00am