Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 8, 2015, 10:16am
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/generous-couple-back-the-mariners-2446605.aspx

very generous, very cool
Posted by: psgmariner, May 8, 2015, 10:30am; Reply: 1
Lovely stuff. Good on him.
Posted by: gary_elton, May 8, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 2
This is very generous.... a great gesture... thanks from the rest of us Townies  !!!
Posted by: moosey_club, May 8, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 3
A bit disappointed those suits arent cream.. ;)
Posted by: Grimal, May 8, 2015, 10:47am; Reply: 4
A lovely gesture from Sue and Lee.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 8, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 5
Excellent to see the Mullens do this, very generous indeed!
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 8, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 6
I like Mr and Mrs Mullen. 8)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 8, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 7
Would they care to fund my travel  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 8, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 8
Good stuff.
Posted by: N2K, May 8, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 9
Another quality gesture. A lot of work that the Mullen's do for GTFC goes unnoticed and it's nice to see them get the deserved recognition.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 8, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 10
Hmmm...... Thank you for the £50K you put in towards the back of the season but the comment you made at the time along the lines of  "we thought we would put our money where our mouths are" was poor considering around 500+ (away) and 3000 ish home do the same each week. But.........as a larger proportion of their bank account not sure a nice suit fits with GTFC fans UK wide............ As it's just after the election "My opinion not the policy of this party!".  
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 9, 2015, 1:38am; Reply: 11
To be honest Herts GTFC they've put in 50k and then this gesture today. They've put more money into this club than any of us probably will do in our lifetime. I think it's absolutely shameful to put any kind of dampener on that, no matter what money they've come into, it's a superb generous offer and I for one am massively appriciative of their efforts to help this football club.
Posted by: grimps, May 9, 2015, 7:09am; Reply: 12
Fair play to them , I really hope that their win brings them all the happiness they've dreamed of  8)
Posted by: mariner91, May 9, 2015, 7:37am; Reply: 13
Quoted from pontoonlew
To be honest Herts GTFC they've put in 50k and then this gesture today. They've put more money into this club than any of us probably will do in our lifetime. I think it's absolutely shameful to put any kind of dampener on that, no matter what money they've come into, it's a superb generous offer and I for one am massively appriciative of their efforts to help this football club.

Hear hear!
Posted by: lukeo, May 9, 2015, 7:52am; Reply: 14
How can anyone be negative? " every little helps " no matter how much money people have, they could easily just give it to family and themselves. This is the 3rd 'gesture' now.

Well done x
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 9, 2015, 8:34am; Reply: 15
It's disgraceful the negative comments on here, the Mullens invested in January to help strengthen the squad in the transfer window, they donated to the youth fund only a few days ago & now helping to kit out the players on their big day, & these are just the ones that have been reported on recently, there's probably many more. We should be gratefull not slating them they don't have to do it.
Posted by: Squarkus, May 9, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 16
What a fantastic gesture, they really do support the club in many ways additional to what they have just donated, lovely people and very generous well done. UTM
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 9, 2015, 8:48am; Reply: 17
There will always be a few jealous of their success. I think it's a great gesture by the Mullins and thank them for their contributions I hope we all have a great time at Wembley and enjoy the day.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 9, 2015, 9:59am; Reply: 18
Very generous of them.  I too find the negative reactions to be well out of order. A few sad people in this country do have the attitude of "scratching a posh car" if they do not have one.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 9, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 19
Remember Micky King(another lotto winner) use to go in Wetherspoons gy a stupid peed up women started giving him abuse about not buying her a drink. If he had she would have probably called him a flash basturd.

You just can't win with some people.
Posted by: immariner, May 9, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 20
I'd have preferred to see them subsidise coach travel for supporters. Nice gesture nonetheless.
Posted by: mariner83, May 9, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 21
Fantastic gesture, I wish I was in a position to do the same.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:48pm