Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 12:06pm
a major announcement has been issued by the Conference however it has an embargo time on being released. It will be announced first by BT Sports at 12:25 and will appear here shortly afterwards! What are you expecting to see?
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 1
The Van has left and the new sponsors are Red Bull. 8)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 6, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 2
Barnet & Bristol Rovers to be deducted 10 points each maybe?  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 3
The Real News is,

BT will show games for another 3 years

Plus the new name   The Vanarama National League
Posted by: IrishMariner, April 6, 2015, 12:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
The Real News is,

BT will show games for another 3 years

Plus the new name   The Vanarama National League

So the news is irrelevant?  ;)
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 5
Highlights on a Sunday
Vanarama National league
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 6
Good news but I hope we are not part of it.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, April 6, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 7
It is pretty cool though. Division 5 football on TV. shame they couldn't keep the Conference name after making such a big deal about bringing it back.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 6, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 8
Football Conference to be renamed as National League
The Football Conference, comprising the fifth and sixth tiers of English football, is to be renamed as the National League from next season.
The competition has also announced a new logo and a renewed three-year TV broadcasting deal with BT Sport.
Incoming National League chairman Brian Barwick said the new branding would "offer much to our existing partners whilst opening up new opportunities".
Current sponsors Vanarama will continue to lend their name to the competition.
Under the changes the fifth tier of English football, currently the Conference Premier, will officially become the Vanarama National League.
The two divisions of the sixth tier, currently the Conference North and South, will be renamed the Vanarama National League North and the Vanarama National League South.
The League will also have its own TV channel, NLTV, which will focus exclusively on the 68 member clubs across the three divisions.
Outgoing Conference chairman Brian Lee said: "Our announcement around the name change and broadcasting channel excites me and I sincerely hope it excites the football world."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32194854
Posted by: DNMariner, April 6, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 9
Well at least however the season ends, this is our last season in the Conference.
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 6, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted Text
Incoming National League chairman Brian Barwick said the new branding would "offer much to our existing partners whilst opening up new opportunities".

What a load of flipping nonsense.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 6, 2015, 5:44pm; Reply: 11
Will the National League winner meet the American League winner for the Super Bowl/World Series?
Posted by: UTFM, April 6, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 12
Why did they change the name away from the Conference? Did they give a reason for the change?
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 6:38pm; Reply: 13
Don't think they gave a reason why for the name change - just part of rebranding I presume
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 14
If we are still in this league next season and we win it,

We will be the National Champions,

Does that qualify us for Europe ?
Posted by: blundellpork, April 6, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 15
Absolute nonsense. Why change the name at all? In fact, let's do away with the championship, league 1 & 2 etc and revert to Division1,2,3 and Conference.

Porky
Posted by: Abdul19, April 6, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 16
"Our announcement around the name change and broadcasting channel excites me and I sincerely hope it excites the football world."

Yes Brian, I imagine L'Equipe and Gazetta dello Sport will be covering it tomorrow.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, April 6, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from DNMariner
Well at least however the season ends, this is our last season in the Conference.

I think LH's glass half full is back!UTM 8)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 7, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 18
Well I don't wanna be...National League  ♫♫♫
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 7, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 19
http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/news/article/vanarama-conference-promotion-final-roy-hodgson-2364266.aspx?
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:01am