Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 15, 2015, 12:55pm
Player wise?

I think we need two players who can give us real strength and pace. This needs to be in we wider areas of the park too., especially if the Aswad stories are true. My starting 11 would be at the moment.
Macca

Magnay
Toto
Pearson
Aswad/Vacancy

Disley
Brown if fit or Vacancy if not

Neilson (free role)

Pittman
LJL
Vacancy

Arnold
MacKreath
Parslow plus two on bench

4.2.1.3 formation with Disley/Brown protecting the back 4 and interchangeable front three offering pace and width.

I don't play football manager, and it may seem like a cavalier formation, but it has potential to be exciting. If only PH stopped playing the percentage game and was much braver than I believe he is.
Posted by: DocTower, January 15, 2015, 1:14pm; Reply: 1
What we want and what he wants and does are miles apart .  It looks at the moment we are going to be putting square  pegs in round holes again with injuries out of favour and missing players .  Your guess is as good as mine to what team we will see on Saturday  .  Looking forward to the 12 45 ko , will be back home by 3 15 .
Posted by: gaz57, January 15, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
A bl@@dy miracle.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 15, 2015, 2:20pm; Reply: 3
I don't think we need anyone really.  Two games we've gone out this season with intent and purpose, Gateshead away and Alfreton, we battered the opposition.

LJL as the focal point.  Any three of Pittman, Neilson, Mackreth and Arnold working off and around him. There's enough pace, power, guile and natural technique in those five players to cause any team at this level serious problems.

Of course just lumping it up to them in the hope they might get a flick-on isn't quite enough.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, January 15, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 4
Didnt think i would ever hear LJL and Natural talent in the same sentence ?
Posted by: fiveallive, January 15, 2015, 11:54pm; Reply: 5
What we need is a decent free kick and corner kick taker, i would give Paul Marshall from Halifax a year decent set piece taker or someone like him.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 16, 2015, 12:06am; Reply: 6
We need to see the current players step up, earn their money and put a shift in. Nathan Arnold, Scott Brown in particular. Both are a million miles away from where they should be.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2015, 12:48am; Reply: 7
What the above two said.

Some more effort from certain players and someone who can take a dead ball kick.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, January 16, 2015, 12:57am; Reply: 8
weed?  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, January 16, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 9
AN ATTACKING TEAM.

A proven scorer.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
AN ATTACKING TEAM.

A proven scorer.

Someone to make the hairs on my neck stand up  ;)
Posted by: JMT, January 16, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 11
All we need is the players to get those boots on and actually work hard.

They're bloody all more than capable, they just need to bloody show it.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 16, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from JMT
All we need is the players to get those boots on and actually work hard.

They're bloody all more than capable, they just need to bloody show it.

I think they do work hard and have done all season (with one exception in one half of one game imo)

The effort isnt a problem but is often seen as one whenever the team loses
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 16, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 13
I think it is getting that Extra 10% out of the players that the players them selves don't know they possess .......... Some Managers excel at it ........ Keegan , Redknapp , Fergie  even Nigel Adkins was great at it .  It must be a skill in managing people , nothing to do with Football .
Posted by: Caesar, January 16, 2015, 1:20pm; Reply: 14
I will still say we need 20 goal striker, although that seems harsh with Lenny putting the in with more regularity this season, but at the moment he seems to be our only scorer. Also with the Aswad Thomas situation possibly a left back.  

But mostly we just need it to all click on the pitch as we clearly have a team on their day capable of beating anyone, it just seems that day is not as common as we all want and need.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Player wise?

I think we need two players who can give us real strength and pace. This needs to be in we wider areas of the park too., especially if the Aswad stories are true. My starting 11 would be at the moment.
Macca

Magnay
Toto
Pearson
Aswad/Vacancy

Disley
Brown if fit or Vacancy if not

Neilson (free role)

Pittman
LJL
Vacancy

Arnold
MacKreath
Parslow plus two on bench

4.2.1.3 formation with Disley/Brown protecting the back 4 and interchangeable front three offering pace and width.

I don't play football manager, and it may seem like a cavalier formation, but it has potential to be exciting. If only PH stopped playing the percentage game and was much braver than I believe he is.

Dependant on any of your vacancies being filled, I would swap Nielson for the front three vacancy and bring in Clay for the midfield with probably Disley and Clay as the more defensive midfielders and Brown allowed to roam a bit more.
Posted by: bax, January 16, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

I think they do work hard and have done all season (with one exception in one half of one game imo)

The effort isnt a problem but is often seen as one whenever the team loses

I know what you mean, but I think the perception with some of the recent home performances is that a lack of pressing and attacking (particularly Lincoln and the second half of Macclesfield) is that the effort levels had dropped off compared to some of the other home games this season.

Compare Alfreton to Lincoln, for example. Is that a lack of effort or desire or a change in tactics?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 16, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 17
to go for it EVERY game and start smashing teams , , , just like at Gateshead and at home to Alfie, , , to show passion, pride and belief, , , to want to win EVERY header, , , to want to win EVERY tackle, , , to take decent corners and free kicks, , , to make teams, managers and fans to start talking about Grimsby Town FC, , , and saying , , " flip they are flying right now , , I don't fancy playing them" , , ,
Posted by: barralad, January 16, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from bax

I know what you mean, but I think the perception with some of the recent home performances is that a lack of pressing and attacking (particularly Lincoln and the second half of Macclesfield) is that the effort levels had dropped off compared to some of the other home games this season.

Compare Alfreton to Lincoln, for example. Is that a lack of effort or desire or a change in tactics?

Or Alfreton were dreadful.....
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 5:33pm