Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: puffin, December 2, 2014, 11:04am
The emotional attachment many Mariners fans feel for Blundell Park is  reflected down south.

Even though it's antiquated and well past its sell-by-date, it seems  Palace fans (or at least some of them) are perfectly happy with their Selhurst Park ground.

[url]http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=149474[/url]
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 1
I have 60 years of memories of Blundell Park and I will miss her if we ever get a new stadium,

From going with my Dad when I was 6 or 7 years old to playing on the pitch with Grimsby Boys then the Juniors,

To being a season ticket holder and then moving away to live in Suffolk and only managing to get home a few times a season,

I have memories of promotions and relegations,  of great games and a few rubbish ones,

I have seen some of the great players of the world play on our pitch, Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst , Martin Peters,Stanley Mathews, Johnny Haynes and many many more,

I will miss her but we have to move on.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 2, 2014, 1:20pm; Reply: 2
It's time to move on, sustainability is the key nowadays to a clubs future and only a new ground can provide that.
We will all take away fond memories of Blundell Park but it is unfortunately past its sell by date.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwfbjc.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC forward Billy Cairns in action against Spurs at Blundell Park in November 1949.
Posted by: oldun, December 2, 2014, 2:22pm; Reply: 3
Given that the main stand is the oldest wooden stand in use, the preservation order might make it difficult to move.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 2, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from oldun
Given that the main stand is the oldest wooden stand in use, the preservation order might make it difficult to move.

fairly sure the new plans include four new stands..... ;)
Posted by: oldun, December 2, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club

fairly sure the new plans include four new stands..... ;)

shame I will miss the pillars
Posted by: ivanosandwich, December 2, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from oldun

shame I will miss the pillars

Unlike LJL who regularly hits them.
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 2, 2014, 7:04pm; Reply: 7
Would be good if the club auctioned stuff off from the ground when the time comes.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 2, 2014, 10:58pm; Reply: 8
Selhurst Park is quite new compared to BP! And I wonder if those Palace fans would feel the same if the capacity was less than half what it is, with no feasible scope to increase its capacity.

As a ground SP isn't bad. Had varied experiences as a Town fan there and one of the few grounds I've been in all four sides (can't say i've been in the new Holmesdale end since it was redeveloped).  Miss going in the Cherry Tree before our annual tonking in the 90s!
Posted by: easypeersy, December 3, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 9
Nothing to fuss about anyway.
New ground is never going to happen for Grimsby Town.
Bag of excrement Councillors!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 3, 2014, 9:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Freemoash88
Would be good if the club auctioned stuff off from the ground when the time comes.

Yeh I'd want my dads seat, he passed away this year and I'm almost considering keeping renewing his season ticket till we move incase that's how it works
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 3, 2014, 11:13pm; Reply: 11

Yeh I'd want my dads seat, he passed away this year and I'm almost considering keeping renewing his season ticket till we move incase that's how it works

Main stand for me, my stove fire loves old dry wood  ;D
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:22am