Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 29, 2014, 6:32pm
On a serious note, is this week's set of results much different to what we expected? Three average performances, four points and what looks like a pointless signing (bearing in mind there's so few games on the horizon).

There have been far too many poor performances and results in the first half of the season to realistically expect us to go on to achieve what the club is so desperate for. I agree with many that there is enough quality at the club but I've never seen a more negative set-up at the club. We steadfastly refuse to stamp our authority on a game and so many points have been thrown away (Altrincham x 2, Dover, Southport, Kiddy, Telford) that we could have reasonably been top tonight.

Like many, I wouldn't have been sorry to see PH go at the end of last season and fully expect him to go at the end of this because, the way we are at the minute, promotion is a million miles away.
Posted by: Tony_GTFC, November 29, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 1
How ironic that you acuse PH of being negative. We're second and have had two good months in succession. There's plenty of reason to be postive until you read negative comments like yours
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 29, 2014, 7:40pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
How ironic that you acuse PH of being negative. We're second and have had two good months in succession. There's plenty of reason to be postive until you read negative comments like yours

Is there? Many can see another failed attempt at promotion looming and many are fed up of paying £18 for the privilege. 2600 for a home game against promotion rivals is pretty pathetic.
Posted by: Tony_GTFC, November 29, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is there? Many can see another failed attempt at promotion looming and many are fed up of paying £18 for the privilege. 2600 for a home game against promotion rivals is pretty pathetic.

So encourage peopke to go then rather than wallow in self pity. There are 20+ clubs who would love to be in our position.
Posted by: ackomariner, November 29, 2014, 7:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

So encourage peopke to go then rather than wallow in self pity. There are 20+ clubs who would love to be in our position.

Fans will only take so much....and the attendance at the last home game tells its own story

Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 29, 2014, 7:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

What gives you the right to tell me what I should and shouldn't do? I"d rather be where 92 other clubs are, playing in the Football League.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 29, 2014, 9:35pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

If you don't mind me asking, did you go today?

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 29, 2014, 9:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm a massive England fan but i don't have to go to Wembley to show i am ( last time at Wembley to watch England, about 2 years ago ).
I'm a massive Town fan but rarely go nowadays. Does this not allow me to post on the Fishy anymore ?

Posted by: arryarryarry, November 29, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm a massive England fan but i don't have to go to Wembley to show i am ( last time at Wembley to watch England, about 2 years ago ).
I'm a massive Town fan but rarely go nowadays. Does this not allow me to post on the Fishy anymore ?

I wasn't asking you I was asking someone who said we should encourage people to go so just wondered if he in fact went and who the frig mentioned anything about not posting on the Fishy?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 29, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wasn't asking you I was asking someone who said we should encourage people to go so just wondered if he in fact went.

Fair comment  :)

Posted by: TAGG, November 29, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

Any one can have an opinion but I think that opinion carries more weight if you actually pay your money through the turnstiles  :)
Posted by: Tony_GTFC, November 29, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

No but I am not throwing my toys out of the pram and demanding an immediate change of manager because we are only in second place when we should be storming the league, beating these pubs sides by playing total football every week, and at least twenty points clear by now.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, November 29, 2014, 11:50pm; Reply: 12
I"d rather be where 92 other clubs are, playing in the Football League.

What a bloody pointless comment - wouldn't we all rather be in the Football League?
What constructive point are you trying to make?

2600 home game also has something to do with cost and not just performances - family of four for Kiddy and Woking is at least £100+
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, November 30, 2014, 12:12am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

No but I am not throwing my toys out of the pram and demanding an immediate change of manager because we are only in second place when we should be storming the league, beating these pubs sides by playing total football every week, and at least twenty points clear by now.

Quite right, we should be playing negative football making sure we don't lose touch with the top team..........oh wait.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 30, 2014, 8:56am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Stevie Saunders

What constructive point are you trying to make?

2600 home game also has something to do with cost and not just performances - family of four for Kiddy and Woking is at least £100+

That we won't be back in the Football League any time soon!

And you're right, it does have something to do with cost. The three games I've been to this season have represented desperately poor value for money!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:59am