Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Youngy, November 22, 2014, 11:53pm
We seem to find the winning formula against Gateshead and Alfreton, we score 13 goals in 2 games and look like a free flowing attacking force but how many times has that team started together since then?

I understand that certain players have been injured since then but the midfield 3 of Paddy, Clay and Brown with Nielson in the hole and JPP/LJL leading the line. We looked unstoppable in them games yet we've hardly seen it since?

BTW this is no way an anti-Hurst post because his recent record is 1 defeat in 8 and we are 2nd in the league but I would just love to see us push teams more because we ARE capable.
Posted by: Biccys, November 24, 2014, 10:56am; Reply: 1
Most people agree wholeheartedly. It's also apparent that the manager doesn't. He's the only one that really matters. Although we saw the fruits of that team in those 2 games, the manager is the one who sees them daily and picks those he feels are performing best in training. I'm of the opinion that training doesn't replicate a true match situation though and there are times when those performing below par in training have performed better on a match day.

I am confused as to why the manager felt the need to not put that side back on the field as soon as they were all fit again (with the exception of Aswad who is the regular LB and was injured for those games I believe?)
Posted by: chaos33, November 24, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
Yep. Baffles me too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 24, 2014, 5:17pm; Reply: 3
We are all baffled,

When is the next,   ask the manager evening ?  ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, November 24, 2014, 6:08pm; Reply: 4
It would be interesting to tabulate the average number of points acquired with that side and with 1 change, 2 changes, 3 changes etc.
Posted by: Biccys, November 24, 2014, 8:26pm; Reply: 5
Crack on then....
Posted by: chaos33, November 24, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 6
:)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 7:50pm