Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, November 11, 2014, 10:09pm
'We have to improve on Saturday because Telford will see the game as their cup final. Must do better'

LMFAO, a game against the mighty barnet.  Deluded southern tw@t.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
Ha, cup final my bottom. I saw a bit of their game at half time in the Findus bar and their ground looked empty and it only holds about 30 people and 3 dogs anyway.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 11, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 2
That being the case Vicar you have to wonder at the respective skills of our managers.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 11, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That being the case Vicar you have to wonder at the respective skills of our managers.

FFS!

5 consecutive league wins.

Honest question, have you ever posted anything remotely positive?
Posted by: aldi_01, November 11, 2014, 11:10pm; Reply: 4
I don't think Allen has any skills. He's a chancer like redknapp et al...his head will get turned soon anyway and he'll be off again.

They've not got a good record against teams around them and eventually their luck with late goals etc will run out...

Could do with a couple of teams piling pressure on them. I oersoanlly still, and never have fancied them to see it out.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 12, 2014, 12:50am; Reply: 5
I've never understood why a late goal is any luckier than one in the 63rd minute.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 12, 2014, 6:26am; Reply: 6
Quoted from 75
Ha, cup final my bottom. I saw a bit of their game at half time in the Findus bar and their ground looked empty and it only holds about 30 people and 3 dogs anyway.

MDT best get snapping a ticket up just in case then
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 12, 2014, 8:22am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
I've never understood why a late goal is any luckier than one in the 63rd minute.

It's a GREAT point !  Alex Ferguson was never lucky ...........................
Posted by: rancido, November 12, 2014, 10:15am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19

Possibly because a late goal against you gives you less chance to get back in the game.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, November 12, 2014, 12:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

MDT best get snapping a ticket up just in case then

Will Do!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Unless it's an intentional "pop" (which is my guess tbh) you might get a better response rephrasing things a little...

"Are Barnet over-achieving right now ?"

Well they weren't last night, ha ! :)
Always get some that do anyway...

Not sure whether it would be fair anyway after reaching successive playoffs (bag of worms duly opened ! :o)
But surely even the biggest doubter must be wondering a little right now ?

No prizes for being right or wrong anyway.
It's ok to "change your mind"...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2014, 11:44pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 120797

Unless it's an intentional "pop" (which is my guess tbh) you might get a better response rephrasing things a little...

Well they weren't last night, ha ! :)
Always get some that do anyway...

Not sure whether it would be fair anyway after reaching successive playoffs (bag of worms duly opened ! :o)
But surely even the biggest doubter must be wondering a little right now ?

No prizes for being right or wrong anyway.
It's ok to "change your mind"...

I'll change my mind when we get promoted.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2014, 11:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris

FFS!

5 consecutive league wins.

Honest question, have you ever posted anything remotely positive?

What is this 1984? Are you the Thought Police?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 12, 2014, 11:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 120797

If the answer to that question is "yes" then it would show they have a better manager.

And it's all very well people taking the urine out of club's with a small following but it's results on the pitch that count.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 12:05am; Reply: 14
So let me get this right then...

You're saying you'll wait til the end of the season to see if Town get promoted before you judge.
But when it comes to Barnet "overachieving" right now, you'll cast judgement before the season end ?

Personally I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but tbh I'm losing all desire to even talk to you.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 13, 2014, 2:33pm; Reply: 15
What's up 80s Glory I have seen recent posts from you getting ticks.... ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 18, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from 120797
So let me get this right then...

You're saying you'll wait til the end of the season to see if Town get promoted before you judge.
But when it comes to Barnet "overachieving" right now, you'll cast judgement before the season end ?

Personally I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but tbh I'm losing all desire to even talk to you.

Just catching up after a few days away.

I said I'll change my opinion when we get promoted. I'm judging all the time. What in effect I was saying is that I've not seen anything which in my judgement makes me think we'll get promoted this season (or at all with Hurst as manager). The writing was on the wall for anyone who wished to see it as long ago as last February when we played Barnet.

Barnet overacheiving/us underachieving amounts to pretty much the same thing vis a vis the original point, which was that Barnet's manager seems to be doing better than ours bearing in mind the relative resources.

I won't lose any sleep over you losing desire to talk to me.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:44am