Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 11, 2014, 4:18pm
Companies House have issued a notice of dissolution against Hereford United, who will be struck off the list in 3 months time if their house in not put in order. They could even be wound up as soon as December the 1st when they are back up in court due to money still owing to HMRC.

A far cry to the elation of the last season when they survived in injury time of the last game of the season to relegate Chester. They currently play in The Southern Premier League but the majority of their fans are staying away in protest at the goings-on at the club and they regularly play in front of less than 300 fans now.

We may have our problems but thankfully nothing like this. I really feel for the genuine Hereford fans, one of whom I know personally but hopefully if the worst does come to the worst like it seems almost inevitable, then a phoenix club could grow from the ashes as has happened at teams like Aldershot, Chester, and in different circumstance Wimbledon.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/11594187.Companies_House_issue_notice_of_dissolution_against_Hereford_United/
Posted by: barrattstandman, November 11, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 1
There but for the grace of god. Ourselves and several other league and conference teams............ Thank you  John Fenty.
Posted by: Meza, November 11, 2014, 6:33pm; Reply: 2
Im just wondering, did Chester, Wimbledon  and Halifax go under and reformed under their new names i.e. AFC Chester, AFC Wimbledon  and AFC Halifax?  If so does that mean with them being new clubs so to speak that they no longer  hold the history?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 11, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
Companies House have issued a notice of dissolution against Hereford United, who will be struck off the list in 3 months time if their house in not put in order. They could even be wound up as soon as December the 1st when they are back up in court due to money still owing to HMRC.

A far cry to the elation of the last season when they survived in injury time of the last game of the season to relegate Chester. They currently play in The Southern Premier League but the majority of their fans are staying away in protest at the goings-on at the club and they regularly play in front of less than 300 fans now.

We may have our problems but thankfully nothing like this. I really feel for the genuine Hereford fans, one of whom I know personally but hopefully if the worst does come to the worst like it seems almost inevitable, then a phoenix club could grow from the ashes as has happened at teams like Aldershot, Chester, and in different circumstance Wimbledon.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/11594187.Companies_House_issue_notice_of_dissolution_against_Hereford_United/

It's a proper shame IMO, always a good away day. Beer / cider, culture and football all in one day.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 11, 2014, 7:50pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Meza
Im just wondering, did Chester, Wimbledon  and Halifax go under and reformed under their new names i.e. AFC Chester, AFC Wimbledon  and AFC Halifax?  If so does that mean with them being new clubs so to speak that they no longer  hold the history?

Well they all went under,

BUT

If you are a supporter you never lose your history.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 11, 2014, 8:22pm; Reply: 5
Wimbledon FC didn't go under. They were transferred to Milton Keynes.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 11, 2014, 9:00pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza

Interestingly, at one point, MK Dons and AFC Dons has the same history on their website. I'm not sure if it still is but I know AFC Wimbledon claim the old Dons history as their own. In Scotland, however, many Scottish fans consider old and new co Rangers entirely different entities in terms of what trophies they have on the palmeres.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 11, 2014, 9:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Wimbledon FC didn't go under. They were transferred to Milton Keynes.

I stand corrected.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 11, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

I stand corrected.

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoe.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 11, 2014, 10:08pm; Reply: 9
Thankful we have a major shareholder who continually supports the club. He may not be everyone cup of tea but rather be in our position than Hereford! UTM
Posted by: aldi_01, November 11, 2014, 11:14pm; Reply: 10
Herefords issues are from the people that bought in to the club for completely the wrong reasons. Ours has 'funded' the club to an extent but has still been a major thorn in the clubs side.

Putting all that aside I suspect now is the time Hereford fans need to club together and think about a Phoenix club.
Posted by: Maringer, November 11, 2014, 11:48pm; Reply: 11
A club is nothing without it's fans. Therefore, in every possible way that matters, a 'Phoenix' club supported by the bulk of the fans (and there have been a few in recent years), is fundamentally the same organisation.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, November 12, 2014, 12:54am; Reply: 12
A few of my mates barricaded themselves in the Football ground so the Council couldn't take it away from them lol
Posted by: Abdul19, November 12, 2014, 1:00am; Reply: 13
If the phoenix club started at around the same step as Chester/Telford/Halifax I'm guessing they'd only drop 1 more division? (seeing as they've already been booted down 2)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:34pm