Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 7, 2014, 1:06pm
Back at town on an emergency loan
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 1
Good news !  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, November 7, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
Good stuff! Wilcox mustn't be a fan, which means it wouldn't be that surprising if it was extended for another month.

Edit: it is already until the new year!
Posted by: Maringer, November 7, 2014, 1:08pm; Reply: 3
Really?

The Telewag is saying that Brown could be back playing within a week so that leaves us almost overstocked on midfielders!

I'd imagine that Parslow won't be allowed to play tomorrow.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 4
Isn't it a more a case of defence  - i.e. Magnay concern ?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Danny-Parslow-makes-Grimsby-Town/story-24430795-detail/story.html

"Mariners bosses are hopeful that Parslow will be available for tomorrow's FA Cup tie against Oxford United."
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 7, 2014, 1:18pm; Reply: 5
If he IS allowed to play tomorrow then that must mean that Wilcox doesn't see him as part of York's future plans.
Posted by: biggles9999, November 7, 2014, 1:23pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
If he IS allowed to play tomorrow then that must mean that Wilcox doesn't see him as part of York's future plans.

Or he doesnt expect his side to be in the third round.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 7, 2014, 1:26pm; Reply: 7
York fans said in the boozer on Saturday he would be coming back possibly permanently
Posted by: psgmariner, November 7, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 8
Good news. Pleased with that.
Posted by: captainox, November 7, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 9
York set to bring in a right back/centre back on loan so that would drop Parslow to third choice. He'll be let go in January.

He has always played well against Oxford, so I'm hoping it's his time to drop a clanger if he plays tomorrow.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 7, 2014, 1:33pm; Reply: 10
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/parslow-returns-2068615.aspx

This is great news. Well done PH and welcome back Danny!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 1:38pm; Reply: 11
"Parslow looks set to be included in Saturday's squad to face Oxford United in the FA Cup."
Posted by: Corkyefes, November 7, 2014, 1:39pm; Reply: 12
Not needed in my opinion but I guess it strengthens the squad.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 7, 2014, 1:41pm; Reply: 13
Does this mean Magnays injury is worse than thought? Parslow wont want to be a bench warmer here?
Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 7, 2014, 1:41pm; Reply: 14
i dont understand, I posted this as a new thread and now my thread has appeared as a comment here in this one.....how does that work? when I posted there was nothing up about Danny.......very odd indeed
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 7, 2014, 1:42pm; Reply: 15
He'd be a great addition until the end of the season. The fact he can cover centre back and defensive midfield is a massive bonus.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BeijingMariner
i dont understand, I posted this as a new thread and now my thread has appeared as a comment here in this one.....how does that work?

Merged threads for the same topic Beijing.

Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 7, 2014, 1:52pm; Reply: 17
Thanks 80's, I understand that, but I wondered mine got merged into this one? Im not precious, just curious :-)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 7, 2014, 1:54pm; Reply: 18
Thanks 80's, I understand that, but I wondered mine got merged into this one? Im not precious, just curious :-)

I think your post came after this thread had started so it'll have been merged into the existing one.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 7, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 19
Can someone please explain the emmergency loan rule ????
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 1:58pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I think your post came after this thread had started so it'll have been merged into the existing one.

Yes, probably a more accurate explanation than mine. (i.e. merge 1 comment into many)

Just tried to give myself a red cross lol.
I'll delete my 2nd comment for clarity.
Posted by: DocTower, November 7, 2014, 2:25pm; Reply: 21
Good to get a quality body in , don't know what our yellow card situation is like but we must have too many hanging on 4 . eg Brown . Hope Magney is ok and getting Parslow in is just a precaution to cover all eventualities.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 7, 2014, 2:27pm; Reply: 22
Good move if he isn't wanted at York him playing here would put us in driving seat in January.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 2:47pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from DocTower
don't know what our yellow card situation is

Me neither, does anyone know where this can be viewed ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 7, 2014, 3:01pm; Reply: 24
i dont understand, I posted this as a new thread and now my thread has appeared as a comment here in this one.....how does that work? when I posted there was nothing up about Danny.......very odd indeed

I merged the 2 threads as one had already been started with exactly the same title. The posts of the 2 threads appear in the order they were made.
Posted by: mike502, November 7, 2014, 3:05pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 120797

Me neither, does anyone know where this can be viewed ?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions tells you who is currently suspended and who is one yellow away from a suspension.

Currently no-one is suspended, Brown is one caution away.

If you want to know how many yellows an individual player has got, you can check on http://www.soccerbase.com - but as far as I can see, there's no convenient way to see this data for the whole squad, only player-by-player.
Posted by: acko338, November 7, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 26
Good return utility player signing, gives options in the back four and in the holding position - good depth now to this squad and straight back knowing how we play - credit for those who made this happen !

Good players wanting to play for Town - a refreshing change to several previous seasons with good intent at first !

I'm now waiting for Neilsen's feet to hit the ground with intent once let loose again - he was dynamic after his suspension, so more of the same, please.

Unstoppable when in the right mood !

Don't you just love competition for places !!
Posted by: rancido, November 7, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Corkyefes

I think here is room in any squad for a defender who can play a defensive role in mid-field. In the past a lot has been said on here about how weak our mid-field has been and now we have a chance to strengthen both the defence and mid-field with one player. IMO a good signing.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 7, 2014, 3:19pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
York fans said in the boozer on Saturday he would be coming back possibly permanently

Let's hope so mate, decent player for this level and will fit straight in.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 3:27pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from mike502

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions tells you who is currently suspended and who is one yellow away from a suspension.

Currently no-one is suspended, Brown is one caution away.

If you want to know how many yellows an individual player has got, you can check on http://www.soccerbase.com - but as far as I can see, there's no convenient way to see this data for the whole squad, only player-by-player.

Thanks mike, really appreciate it ! :)
Posted by: fiveallive, November 7, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 30
I'm happy with the signing we need players like him at this level, and we can throw him straight in at RB and rest Magnay and if Magnay injury is longer then Danny Parslow can slot in, also means we don't have to rush Scottie Brown back in and if Disley keeps performing well Brown could have a few games on the bench when he's fully fit.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 7, 2014, 4:00pm; Reply: 31
Without replays we have a few midweek games in the next few weeks so i think it makes sense to have some additional cover around
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, November 7, 2014, 4:24pm; Reply: 32
I've just got in from work and heard we have got Danny Parslow back? I can't see anything on the os?
Posted by: Garth, November 7, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 33
Can`t fault Hursty`s defence minded signings because thats the way he likes to play TBH, he fitted in so well in his last loan period that its just a shoe in.

Well done we need all the able bodies we have if we are going to progress in all three competitions
Posted by: acko338, November 7, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 34
See other thread that's been on for a while !
Posted by: ginnywings, November 7, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 35
Still no striker then. We have too many defensive players IMO and not enough firepower.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 36
Not sure whether to tick or cross you.
I think we could do with another striker - hopefully quality.
But such is footy, you'll always get more defensive players on the books than strikers. (i.e. 4 at the back,. 2 up front)
Go on then, I'll tick you for a point well made.
Posted by: denni266, November 7, 2014, 8:26pm; Reply: 37
good news coming on all fromts at the moment.. about time the tide turned
Posted by: moosey_club, November 7, 2014, 8:51pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ginnywings
Still no striker then. We have too many defensive players IMO and not enough firepower.

No argument from me there.
Its getting embarrassing how quick Hurst will drop his knickers to get a defensive player in on loan yet for strikers he wont even give up a through the jumper feel.

Posted by: Maringer, November 7, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 39
I still reckon it is easier to get decent midfielders/defenders on loan than strikers. Managers like to have lots of strikers available so they can chop and change from week to week so they tend to be loath to let them out on loan. On the other hand, a solid defence is rarely changed.

Unless we get a couple of injuries, I tend to doubt we'll see any strikers coming in until the transfer window opens once again, other than perhaps an Oates-type youngster. Thankfully, our attackers are all fit at the moment and we're scoring the required goals so this might give Hurst the chance to look for longer-term targets for January rather than a panic signing. As it is, we're hardly goal-shy - only Barnet have scored more than us so far!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 7, 2014, 10:04pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Corkyefes

Have you not seen Paul Bignot at right back then as we're short?
Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 7, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Les Brechin

I merged the 2 threads as one had already been started with exactly the same title. The posts of the 2 threads appear in the order they were made.

Thanks Les, it must be the time delay in posting and seeing another post. Cheers mate
Posted by: DickBarton, November 8, 2014, 7:53am; Reply: 42
With magnay injured I was worried we might have to play big nuts at right back. Pleased to have him back
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 8, 2014, 9:52am; Reply: 43
Quoted from DickBarton
With magnay injured I was worried we might have to play big nuts at right back. Pleased to have him back

You and me both mate. Bignot worries me, he isn't up to it.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:16am