Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 23, 2014, 9:02pm
Just a thought , Jack was not a prolific striker when he was with us although he did win alot of penno's and free kicks leading to goals . I just wonder if the ball should be played into feet for lennie to run onto , he has strength to shield the ball when required. It has probably been mentioned before .................

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 23, 2014, 9:23pm; Reply: 1
I think you're right.  Much of Lenny's best play comes when he's running onto things, getting the ball into feet or flying onto things.  Scott Brown favourited a tweet saying as much, so I think the players realise this is the way to get Lenny into the game.

PH has also alluded to using Lenny in this way, so I hope it's a foretaste of even better times to come.  Lenny getting the ball into his feet, bringing others into play, and getting into the box to fling himself at decent crosses, is a handful for any defence.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 23, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 2
I think it's a fair point, Lennie has the ability to run with and without the ball.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 23, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 3
Agree entirely, many have said he is not a target/hold up man, he is a far better all round footballer than that, no fault of his own but he has been asked to play a role that maybe doesn't suit him but he just happens to be half decent at it. I am an LJL fan and just hope his current upturn in form ie goals continues to the match the rest of his play, he is a crucial player for is.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 23, 2014, 9:49pm; Reply: 4
It's a very good comparison. Lennie's goal against Alfreton now I come to think of it came from a Lester like surging run.
Posted by: DocTower, October 24, 2014, 7:36am; Reply: 5
Surely after 8 season as a professional footballer , under a host of different managers , non have been able to work out his best position or how to play him yet ?  

I still don't think of him as a striker , maybe a forward but more as a midfielder , but we don't pick the team or style or tactics . Would love to see him be our cult hero , like Livo or Lester .
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 24, 2014, 8:06am; Reply: 6
Fifa 10 has LJL playing for Lincoln on the Left Mid . I would be interested to see how many times LJL has been caught offside compared to RH , could it be that LJL could play the role that RH so nearly does well ?
Posted by: Trawler, October 24, 2014, 9:26am; Reply: 7
[IMG]http://www.imagesup.net/?di=11141413910315[/IMG]
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 24, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Trawler
[IMG]http://www.imagesup.net/?di=11141413910315[/IMG]

Never knowingly underscored
Posted by: Trawler, October 24, 2014, 11:12am; Reply: 9
Never knowingly plunders goals

JONELLE = LENELL
Posted by: moosey_club, October 24, 2014, 11:18am; Reply: 10
Bit of an insult to Jack there i feel considering both players C.V's.  :B
Posted by: DocTower, October 24, 2014, 11:19am; Reply: 11
Surely after 8 season as a professional footballer , under a host of different managers , non have been able to work out his best position or how to play him yet ?  

I still don't think of him as a striker , maybe a forward but more as a midfielder , but we don't pick the team or style or tactics . Would love to see him be our cult hero , like Livo or Lester .
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 24, 2014, 11:24am; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club
Bit of an insult to Jack there i feel considering both players C.V's.  :B

Jack was only prolific at chesterfield really , although he did have two good spells at Forest and like i said won loads of pennos for GTFC .
Who knows where LJL's career path will take him , perhaps onto bigger and better things than Jack ????
Posted by: RichMariner, October 24, 2014, 2:03pm; Reply: 13
I don't really regard these two players as similar. Lester was much more trickier with the ball at his feet, and of course was more than willing to tumble given the opportunity, enticing challenges and teasing defenders (that's not to say he wasn't strong when he wanted to be).

LJL is probably a bit more direct and uses that strength in situations where he could otherwise go down. I don't think he has any trickery as such.

LJL is also used to spearhead our attack, whereas Lester was the one playing alongside the so-called 'big man' (Livvo, Nogan etc) and was afforded a licence to be a bit more creative.

But I can see how their scoring records are similar. Lester never really gave the impression he would be prolific either while at Town.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 1:16pm