Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner56, October 16, 2014, 6:06am
Don't get me wrong, I realise that the cup win on Tues means very little in the grand scheme of things but it was a good workout  for the fringe and youth players and it was nice to see the lads deservedly lift the trophy at the the final whistle. The only thing that annoyed me was the appalling disrespect shown by some of the Lincoln players at the end of the game. Out of the 14 players who took part in the match only 10 stayed on the pitch for the presentation of the trophy. The other 4 disappeared down the tunnel at the end of the match and didn't even bother to pick up their medal never mind show respect to the winning team. I am pretty sure that's if the result had been reversed Paul Hurst would have demanded that our players stay on the pitch. Nobody likes to lose even in a tin pot final like the Lincs Cup but it was a decent match and both teams were clearly trying to win so the Lincoln players should have been man enough to hold their heads high, wipe away the tears of disappointment from their eyes and accept that on the night they weren't quite good enough to take home the much prized and coveted trophy!! Well done to our lads for putting in a performance in a game that neither team really wanted to play at this stage of the season. UTM
Posted by: BIGChris, October 16, 2014, 6:34am; Reply: 1
I said to Barralad at the time that only 10 had stayed out to collect their medals. Very poor from the players but awful management IMO!
Posted by: Mariner21, October 16, 2014, 8:24am; Reply: 2
Bit harsh! They only went back to count their fingers and toes.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 16, 2014, 8:56am; Reply: 3
I witnessed and was probably why loads seem to be booing the Lincoln players that picked up their runners up medal which IMHO was just as disrespectful. :(
Posted by: Garth, October 16, 2014, 9:58am; Reply: 4
Don`t be too harsh they were bitterly disappointed to have lost out on the only chance they had of any glory for this season
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 16, 2014, 1:39pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner21
Bit harsh! They only went back to count their fingers and toes.

Probably still at it!  ;)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 17, 2014, 12:08am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner56
Don't get me wrong, I realise that the cup win on Tues means very little in the grand scheme of things but it was a good workout  for the fringe and youth players and it was nice to see the lads deservedly lift the trophy at the the final whistle. The only thing that annoyed me was the appalling disrespect shown by some of the Lincoln players at the end of the game. Out of the 14 players who took part in the match only 10 stayed on the pitch for the presentation of the trophy. The other 4 disappeared down the tunnel at the end of the match and didn't even bother to pick up their medal never mind show respect to the winning team. I am pretty sure that's if the result had been reversed Paul Hurst would have demanded that our players stay on the pitch. Nobody likes to lose even in a tin pot final like the Lincs Cup but it was a decent match and both teams were clearly trying to win so the Lincoln players should have been man enough to hold their heads high, wipe away the tears of disappointment from their eyes and accept that on the night they weren't quite good enough to take home the much prized and coveted trophy!! Well done to our lads for putting in a performance in a game that neither team really wanted to play at this stage of the season. UTM

Calm down, eh eh. Not that big an issue is it?
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 1:05pm