Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 12, 2014, 10:13am
So, who's going. £10 and £5 concessions to get in.

Can't see there being more than 1000 there. Makes me think that we would probably have taken more if the game was away!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 12, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 1
I'll be there :)
Posted by: BIGChris, October 12, 2014, 10:30am; Reply: 2
Presume Bignot, Doig, Hannah, MacLaughlin, Walker, Winfarrah will all play?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 12, 2014, 10:38am; Reply: 3
If I still lived local I would be there,

I remember one final when we won 8-3,

Rafferty got 6 of them,

What a game. !!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Meza, October 12, 2014, 10:57am; Reply: 4
Agreed give the fringe players a go we don't need extra injuries to key players and I couldn't care about what imp fans say  if we lose gloating its a nothing cup that means nothing to me. Don't get me wrong I want us to win but aint fussed if we lose.  I would also play humble, bemrose.
Posted by: denni266, October 12, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 5
play all the fringe players and tea lady. the last thing we need is more injurys  to players
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 12, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 6
Bastock

Bignot
Doig
Humble
Walker

Arnold
Disley
McLaughlin
Winfarrah

Bemrose
Hannah
Posted by: Garth, October 12, 2014, 12:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from BIGChris
Presume Bignot, Doig, Hannah, MacLaughlin, Walker, Winfarrah will all play?

Plus give the new striker( we should have hopefully) a run out ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, October 12, 2014, 12:23pm; Reply: 8
There are some restrictions on who we play. We couldn't play the youth team for example, it is a certain number of regular first teamers. It is the interpretation of regular?
Posted by: chaos33, October 12, 2014, 12:54pm; Reply: 9
Oates should play too
Posted by: LH, October 12, 2014, 1:00pm; Reply: 10
Was it ever established whether banned players could serve their bans for these games? Brown and Pearson set to miss next week as it stands aren't they?
Posted by: BIGChris, October 12, 2014, 1:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
Was it ever established whether banned players could serve their bans for these games? Brown and Pearson set to miss next week as it stands aren't they?

They can't serve their bans in the Lincs Cup but bizarrely if anyone is sent off they would be banned for League games! That's the FA for you!!
Posted by: RoboCod, October 12, 2014, 1:12pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from BIGChris

They can't serve their bans in the Lincs Cup but bizarrely if anyone is sent off they would be banned for League games! That's the FA for you!!

That must be weighing on Simpsons mind given Lincolns poor discipline of late.Any player getting red carded in that game won't be too popular with management or fans, though it might add a bit of spice to a game I'm struggling to have any interest in.
Posted by: BIGChris, October 12, 2014, 1:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from RoboCod

That must be weighing on Simpsons mind given Lincolns poor discipline of late.Any player getting red carded in that game won't be too popular with management or fans, though it might add a bit of spice to a game I'm struggling to have any interest in.

Don't think either club has much enthusiasm for it but they HAVE to play it.

I shall go along for a beer and watch but can't say it has any importance other than give some players so e much needed match practice
Posted by: RoboCod, October 12, 2014, 1:25pm; Reply: 14
It's a shame though as it would have been a real crowd puller in the close season, we're all desperate for a game and to play local rivals for some hardware of a kind seems a great idea. It's just a glorified practise match now (though I'm sure the Lincoln forum will be at full capacity that night ::))
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 12, 2014, 3:44pm; Reply: 15
I'm giving it a swerve, massive inconvenience for both teams
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 13, 2014, 8:59am; Reply: 16
I think it will be strangely odd that there will be less town support for this game at home, than what there would have been if we were  away.

The club is only expecting a small gate with only the upper Findus open for home support.

UTM
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:04am