Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 11, 2014, 11:08pm
Noticed When he walked out today he stopped and looked at our fans in pure appreciation, and at the end come On his own and stood and applauded us, really does appreciate our great following and great to see a really good player enjoy playing for us !

Posted by: jimgtfc, October 11, 2014, 11:13pm; Reply: 1
He's been a class act in so many ways. Versatile, good defensively and going forward, he's a really good signing, in fact I'd go as far as to say he's become my favourite player. God only knows why Gateshead let him go, but definitely our gain.
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 11, 2014, 11:22pm; Reply: 2
Both he and Brown shows that Paul Hirst can get it right sometimes.
Posted by: the driver, October 12, 2014, 9:46am; Reply: 3
Magnay and Clay the two signings of the season
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 12, 2014, 9:48am; Reply: 4
Magnay has simply not put a foot wrong this season. Superb signing. No surprise that we have the best defensive record in the division now.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 12, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 5
Agree with the driver, Magnay surely has to be the signing of the season so far, He shows real commitment and is a true leader!
Posted by: Caesar, October 12, 2014, 10:10am; Reply: 6
I have noticed Carl as the one who seems to really appreciate the fans more than most, also think he has been excellent and consistent.  Hope others follow his lead as if you show appreciation to fans like Carl clearly does we will pay you back with more support.  
Posted by: chaos33, October 12, 2014, 10:25am; Reply: 7
Really like him. A great example to the others in attitude and performance levels.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 12, 2014, 10:44am; Reply: 8
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Agree with the driver, Magnay surely has to be the signing of the season so far, He shows real commitment and is a true leader!

I think he's been excellent, but all round I think clay is by far the best signing this season, the way he plays will see him keep getting the odd injury though but I wouldn't change that, clay is fully committed to every challenge but is also a very clever footballer, we should be looking at a longer contract for him IMO.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 12, 2014, 10:46am; Reply: 9
"IT must be so, so tedious being a Grimsby Town fan and reading interview after interview – from player after player – saying 'this time we'll get it right'."

Those words from Magnay in the GET last week really resonated with me, so much thought gone into those words than the usual 'we'll see if we can win then hopefully kick on from there' rubbish we usually get. Absolute class signing, well done to Hursty for that one.
Posted by: Meza, October 12, 2014, 11:00am; Reply: 10
Its very clever from Magnay you can tell he is trying to galvanise the fans and players. Its quite refreshing to read what Magnay thinks.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 12, 2014, 11:11am; Reply: 11
I agree. I have been saying it for a long time, Magnay is a class act.
Posted by: Mariner21, October 12, 2014, 11:33am; Reply: 12
Magnay seems more tactically equipped  than his own manager on what I've heard from both.
Posted by: Grimal, October 12, 2014, 12:01pm; Reply: 13
Magnay is an excellent signing,cool headed and calming influence to players around him,doesnt mind mixing it when he has to,I also like his respect for us the supporters . All in all Paul made good signings preseason and feel there is more to come from Mackreth,Wrexham fans rated him highly in yesterdays game.
I personally like Paul Hurst but feel he would make a much better Scout than manager,with his eye for a decent player. I feel his man management and stubbornness will eventually be his downfall,I hope he can prove me wrong. UTM.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), October 12, 2014, 12:19pm; Reply: 14
Agree with what's been said here.

Make him Captain? He could then drag Pearson away when he starts gobbing off to referees - hopefully before the yellow arrives.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 12, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 15
Magnay player of the season so far - class act in every way
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 12, 2014, 4:06pm; Reply: 16
Pleased to see and hear of all his qualities and attributes, the one crying shame is that we only have him on a one year deal, like clay and brown etc. understand because of the financial situation and league we are playing in, but players like these we have to keep hold of for the long term benefit, he's obviously enjoying his time here it's a pity we cannot negotiate contract extensions already with a few key players.
Posted by: chaos33, October 12, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 17
Why can't we?
Posted by: fiveallive, October 12, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 18
I thought he was one of the best Left backs in the division when he played for Gateshead in the Play offs and was surprised he was released by Gateshead, but glad he's here now a big improvement on Wood who i always admired his Commitment to the cause, Hatton and Bignot. I must admit its nice to see a player go over to LB and put in a good performance we where always worried when Wood or Hatton went over.

Danny Parslow has also impressed me players like Magnay and Parslow are important to teams with a squad like ours, i would try and keep him for the season, along with young Rhys Oates.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 12, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 19
Carl Magnay and Craig Clay could push James Mckeown for player awards at the end of the season if they both carry on performing like they have.
Posted by: oldun, October 12, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from fiveallive
Carl Magnay and Craig Clay could push James Mckeown for player awards at the end of the season if they both carry on performing like they have.

Surely will as Macca does not fill me with confidence anymore. He must learn to deal with crosses better than he has done this season.
Posted by: Maringer, October 12, 2014, 7:18pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think he's been excellent, but all round I think clay is by far the best signing this season, the way he plays will see him keep getting the odd injury though but I wouldn't change that, clay is fully committed to every challenge but is also a very clever footballer, we should be looking at a longer contract for him IMO.

Regarding the injury situation, he certainly didn't look fully fit to me on Tuesday night, though perhaps he was just still recovering from illness? Hopefully this latest injury won't be too much of an issue because he has done well this season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 12, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 22
Magnay, Clay and Brown are all good signings, and better than we had before. Makreth yet to prove himself. So yes, Hurst can pick a good player, bar strikers.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, October 13, 2014, 9:41pm; Reply: 23
If Paul was at good at signing attacking players as he was defenders we'd urine this league.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 14, 2014, 12:00pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from northbankmariner
Pleased to see and hear of all his qualities and attributes, the one crying shame is that we only have him on a one year deal, like clay and brown etc. understand because of the financial situation and league we are playing in, but players like these we have to keep hold of for the long term benefit, he's obviously enjoying his time here it's a pity we cannot negotiate contract extensions already with a few key players.

I have said this a few times before Jeff,

All the players who are on a one year contract,

The club will have an option of a second year,

So don't worry mate the good ones will still be with us next season.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 14, 2014, 12:10pm; Reply: 25
By far our best player this season.

been outstanding in most games.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 14, 2014, 12:14pm; Reply: 26
Magnay future Grimsby manager 8)
Posted by: WappingMariner, October 14, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 27
His passion is definitely genuine. He appreciates the opportunity he's been given especially after the terrible, career-changing injury he suffered against Charlton reserves in 2010 (shattered knee cap, anterior cruciate etc). He looks calm bringing the ball out of defence - something that he was taught by Brendan Rodgers at Chelsea. Before the season I spoke with him for about 30 minutes and he was one of most eloquent footballers I've shared a conversation with (much more insightful than Charlie Austin at QPR, for example). It's refreshing to have someone like him at the club.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:55pm