Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Part Time Mariner, October 8, 2014, 9:40am
Not defending Paul Hurst tactically at all, but I do think that the lack of attack minded coaches at the club (none) is a major factor for Paul Hurst. He was a defender, Diog is a defender, christ Dave Moore was a defender. How much can they possible coach our players about attacking flair and scoring goals. We need an attack minded coach just to give Hurst a different perspective on games. JF/Board/Hurst need to make this happen. We don't even have a goalkeeping coach anymore which is shocking for a full time professional football club. Give the guy or the next guy the right tools to help him do his job. Its got to be a cheaper option than random loan signings and sacking manager after manager.
Posted by: denni266, October 8, 2014, 9:45am; Reply: 1
cant see why moore is talking to hurst more than doig, he is a physio and should stick to that
Posted by: Part Time Mariner, October 8, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 2
Has Dave not had mangerial experience? I would be asking anyone and everyone if I thought it would help. Hurst needs all the help at the minute to get us going again.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, October 8, 2014, 9:50am; Reply: 3
It's so obvious for everyone at the game we lack creativity in the final third, yes we are sold at the back only letting in 11 or 12 goals in 15 games but that won't get us anywhere if we can't score enough we desperately need a good attacking coach or two.
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 9:59am; Reply: 4
Can you coach goal scoring though, goal poachers are a breed of their own and either have or not the predator instinct,  genuine question
Posted by: Part Time Mariner, October 8, 2014, 10:35am; Reply: 5
Probably right, but could at least improve technique so we can get more shots on target
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 10:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Garth
Can you coach goal scoring though, goal poachers are a breed of their own and either have or not the predator instinct,  genuine question

I said this before, all you can do is make people more aware,

Goal scorers are born they just know where to go and when,

It's a split second that makes all the difference,

You can not coach that into somebody and make them a natural scorer
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 8, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 7
I don't think an attack minded coach is needed just a decent forward will do.
Posted by: Sigone, October 8, 2014, 11:58am; Reply: 8
hmm an attack minded coach that could do a few sessions a week for very little money, lives locally and knows the club inside out..nope nobody springs to mind
Posted by: RoboCod, October 8, 2014, 12:13pm; Reply: 9
Dace Booth was a defender I think? And he brought in Chris Nicholl, centre back, who I recall was also assistant. Fantastic football though.

Mind you, Mick Lyons was a defender  :-/
Posted by: denni266, October 8, 2014, 12:28pm; Reply: 10
I dont think you can coach someone to be a striker, but you can help them, strikers have to be able to react  quick and know how to make space
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2014, 12:33pm; Reply: 11
Thierry Henry was coached into a pretty decent striker.

(The similarities between him and our strikers are endless!)
Posted by: timmo, October 8, 2014, 1:16pm; Reply: 12
Agree with OP.

We said the same last night. Why's PH talking to DM so much. Why's the attack minded person on the back room staff.

Tbh all I've heard is bad things about DM physiotherapy. His been the 1 person in the dug out during every failure in recent years. Is it worth having a clean sweep when the day comes.

Timmo
UTM
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:35pm