Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GyMariner, September 20, 2014, 5:30pm
Chester (H)
Southport (H)
Dartford (A)
Altrincham (H)

After looking at the next few fixtures, this seems an ideal opportunity to try turn this season around and climb the table slightly.

We are capable and deserving of 12 points but I'd be happy with 10.
Posted by: chaos33, September 20, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 1
Well IMO we must take maximum 9 points from the 3 home games if we expect to get in contention for the top 5. We should be setting up to win at Dartford too.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 2
If we want to stay in touch or should I say get in touch with the leaders,

10 points is the minimum we should get, I am thinking it better be 12 because I expect the draw would come at Dartford,

I am going to the Dartford game, so come on Town 12 from 12 please.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 5:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GyMariner
Chester (H) 3-0 Win
Southport (H) 2-0 Win
Dartford (A) 2-1 Win
Altrincham (H) 2-2

After looking at the next few fixtures, this seems an ideal opportunity to try turn this season around and climb the table slightly.

We are capable and deserving of 12 points but I'd be happy with 10.

Posted by: GrimRob, September 20, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 4
I'd take 9, anything below that I'd definitely twist.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 20, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 5
12 points please.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 20, 2014, 5:45pm; Reply: 6
**** that, I want 12 out of 12, none of this bullshit about trying to get in the playoffs, we are Grimsby Town lets get promoted the proper way - Champions!
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

Anything below that, I would buy one. 8)
Posted by: CambsMariner, September 20, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 8
To be honest I would rather we were playing Barnet, Torquay, Halifax and Woking. We have always played better against the better teams. For some reason, and it has not only been  during Hursts tenure, we have never learned how to take the teams that park the bus to the cleaners.
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
**** that, I want 12 out of 12, none of this bullshit about trying to get in the playoffs, we are Grimsby Town lets get promoted the proper way - Champions!

Haha go on Nelly
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 20, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 10
I would rather take every game as it comes see what happens expecting to win three or four games on trot is a fools game. Sick of hearing about getting rid of Hurst, one goon even wanted us to lose to hope Hurst would get sacked  WTF is that all about. He's brought in Two players (not to everybody's liking might I say) but they did the business.
Posted by: MrsMariner, September 20, 2014, 6:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I would rather take every game as it comes see what happens expecting to win three or four games on trot is a fools game. Sick of hearing about getting rid of Hurst, one goon even wanted us to lose to hope Hurst would get sacked  WTF is that all about. He's brought in Two players (not to everybody's liking might I say) but they did the business.

I wouldn't say its a fools game, this seasons start has been very similar to last & at this point we put together a 3 match winning run, a couple of games & another 3 match winning run & continued in a similar vain up to xmas, If we are to match or better last years final league placing then we must start winning 3 or 4 games on the trot. Were certainly capable of it so lets all get behind the team & the manager & stop criticising at every opportunity
Posted by: Meza, September 20, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Its more to it than that and im sure you know it.  Ive not lambasted his signings, more to do with his shite man management and tactically ineptitude but clearly you wouldn't see that being one of those zombies at BP lol.  

We all want good for GT and mine is time for a change.  I will  wait till xmas and if were not in the playoffs then he should go.  Apart from struggling to sign a striker I think he has done well with the ones he brought in during pre season.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 20, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from CambsMariner
We have always played better against the better teams.

The last 3 home games have been Alfreton, Welling and Torquay though.

Quoted from CambsMariner
For some reason, and it has not only been  during Hursts tenure, we have never learned how to take the teams that park the bus to the cleaners.

The Southport games concerns me for this very reason. Bogey team!
Posted by: Dan, September 20, 2014, 6:58pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

When has that ever happened?
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 20, 2014, 7:42pm; Reply: 15
Got to be aiming for 12 points if we're serious about getting out of this league. We've got catch up to play, and these 4 games are the perfect opportunity to do so. Not gonna be easy though!
Posted by: TAGG, September 20, 2014, 9:05pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Best post for weeks
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, September 20, 2014, 9:06pm; Reply: 17
Two very good away results which cheers us all up, but the next four games are the acid test IMO. The home games must be won to get us up amongst the top five. I recall last season I raised the point that in PH we appear to have the perfect manager for away games where his love of tactic tinkering and relying on stealth rather then attack seems to prosper. Historically, stats may prove otherwise, we seem to then fail to deliver in what appear "home bankers" with performances failing to reach the standards we all hope to see as we again fail to beat the Lesser" sides in this league.

For me a repeat of this would see the demise of PH and a new chapter begins. I hope we win them all but as a PH doubter I am not over confident.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 20, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 18
Wish I could be optimistic but we will get 8 or 9 points max. Not enough to boost us up the table but enough to keep the wagon crawling along a bit longer.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 20, 2014, 9:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from CambsMariner
To be honest I would rather we were playing Barnet, Torquay, Halifax and Woking. We have always played better against the better teams. For some reason, and it has not only been  during Hursts tenure, we have never learned how to take the teams that park the bus to the cleaners.

Have you actually got some stats to prove that? I suspect it's your memory playing tricks because it would be remarkable it it was true over a sustained period. I remember two seaons ago (the year we lost to Newport)  I think we never managed to beat any of the top ten sides but still ended up in the top ten because we did so well against everyone else.
Posted by: easypeersy, September 20, 2014, 10:21pm; Reply: 20
I would like 21 points from the next 4 matches please
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 24, 2014, 1:02pm; Reply: 21
If we're going to be serious contenders this season we need to be taking maximum points from the next 4 games (10 at a minimum). Chester and Southport at home followed by Dartford away and Altrincham at home.

We all obviously expected 6 points from the Nuneaton and Dover games injuries and suspensions went some way to us only taking 2. This time there really should be no excuses, okay Pittman is out but both The Shop and Aswad should be back soon and both Parslow and Oates look like great additions to the squad, going on Saturdays game at Kiddy.

Lets hope that PH decides to go for it in these games rather than worrying about the opposition.

Posted by: RichMariner, September 24, 2014, 1:07pm; Reply: 22
We need to get into these lower league teams from the very start. We need to rattle them; get them panicking and making mistakes. The way we pressed at Gateshead (and at home to Alfreton) saw us win the ball high up the field, so we didn't rely on the long ball up to LJL - and Neilson was in his element.

Some of these sides will be coming for a point, or hoping to snatch all three on the break. We've got to make them think that 90 minutes is a long time to hold out for that sort of thing by hitting them hard in the opening minutes.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2014, 1:50pm; Reply: 23
I think Les has been away and missed this thread. :)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 24, 2014, 1:51pm; Reply: 24
Me thinking that these 4 games could decide the fate of our manager anything less then 10 points will see severely cut off and will require some drastic action to redeem the season which will make  the board ask is ph capable of this
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2014, 1:52pm; Reply: 25
I still think it's got to be 12 points if we want to be serious about winning this league.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 24, 2014, 1:56pm; Reply: 26
Hopefully Brown and Nsiala can give us an insight as to how to beat our bogey team.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 24, 2014, 1:59pm; Reply: 27
Kiddy, gateshead sort of bogey teams and theyve been dealt with i can see us winning thses next few games and putting a run together
Posted by: Abdul19, September 24, 2014, 2:01pm; Reply: 28
We beat them both last season (Kiddy twice!)

Although these things have to end at some point so yeah, why not now (we struggled against Tamworth and Bath for a time previously)
Posted by: gary_elton, September 24, 2014, 2:28pm; Reply: 29
would you accept 2 wins and 2 draws ???   :o
Posted by: Maringer, September 24, 2014, 2:46pm; Reply: 30
Is Aswad going to be back soon? I was under the impression that his injury would keep him out until near Christmas.

What's the recuperation time for a cracked shin?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 24, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think Les has been away and missed this thread. :)

Correct Pete, I didn't realise there was already a thread.

I will merge the two.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, September 25, 2014, 7:15am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

THIS!! UTM 8) 8)
Posted by: TAGG, October 4, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimRob

By 'twist' do you mean change the manager?????
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 4, 2014, 5:03pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from TAGG

By 'twist' do you mean change the manager?????

Ouch !
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 4, 2014, 5:05pm; Reply: 35
Need a decent win against Alty now to give us some kind of momentum going to Wrexham.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 4, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Need a decent win against Alty now to give us some kind of momentum going to Wrexham.

A new manager would be a good start.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 5, 2014, 6:48pm; Reply: 37
Nuneaton, Dover, Southport, Dartford, Lincoln

3pts out of 15

nuff said
Posted by: denni266, October 5, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Stevie Saunders

3pts out of 15

nuff said

That is pittyfull
Posted by: Quagmire, October 5, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from GrimRob

Maximum points we could get now is 7 Rob.

I assume by 'twist' you mean a change of manager??
Posted by: oldun, October 5, 2014, 9:48pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Stevie Saunders

3pts out of 15

nuff said

That makes unpleasant reading for me and I hope it does for management and players.
Posted by: TAGG, October 6, 2014, 10:12am; Reply: 41
Quoted from Quagmire

Maximum points we could get now is 7 Rob.

I assume by 'twist' you mean a change of manager??

Strange how quiet GR is on this one  ;)
Posted by: Garth, October 6, 2014, 10:33am; Reply: 42
Quoted from TAGG

Strange how quiet GR is on this one  ;)

Can`t comment at the moment his model is playing up,  and blown a fuse ;)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 9:35am