Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 15, 2014, 6:51pm
Everybody on here seems to want a change in management but one over riding FACT stands. Hurst has only managed to get his best players to pick from twice and twice we have thrashed the opposition. The real problem here are INJURIES AND BANS.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 15, 2014, 7:27pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Everybody on here seems to want a change in management but one over riding FACT stands. Hurst has only managed to get his best players to pick from twice and twice we have thrashed the opposition. The real problem here are INJURIES AND BANS.

Weren't we unchanged for Aldershot? Let's not get our FACTS wrong!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 15, 2014, 7:43pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Its a squad game and the squad and the manager has not been good enough..

The only fact im interested in is we are 14th in the league.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 15, 2014, 7:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Quick question: are other teams immune from injuries and bans?
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), September 15, 2014, 9:26pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Without even getting into the argument of squad management and appropriate training so you don't get as many injuries hurst hasn't exactly helped himself with that.

To only have 3 strikers at the club, when you plan on playing 2 at a time is pretty risky. To have one of them with an injury history such as Pittman makes the decision even more crazy.

Posted by: TAGG, September 15, 2014, 9:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Name a team in this league who haven't had to deal with injury and suspension??????????
Injury and suspensions are part of football, every Manager in every league has to deal with them game on game.
Hurst needs to deal with them better than he has so far or people may start calling for him to be sacked  :P  
Posted by: chaos33, September 15, 2014, 9:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 3610

Without even getting into the argument of squad management and appropriate training so you don't get as many injuries hurst hasn't exactly helped himself with that.

To only have 3 strikers at the club, when you plan on playing 2 at a time is pretty risky. To have one of them with an injury history such as Pittman makes the decision even more crazy.

Agree.

Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 7
Think we were pretty much full strength against Aldershot, Lincoln and Torquay. We lost all three.
Posted by: JMT, September 15, 2014, 10:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Think we were pretty much full strength against Aldershot, Lincoln and Torquay. We lost all three.

Full strength but still insisted to change the team and bring Disley in...
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 9
Hardly full-strength. Thomas missing meant that the defence was weaker and with Arnold still injured, we were lacking alternatives on the wings.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 15, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 10
It's a squad game and you have to deal with it
If Winfarrah, Bemrose, Humble, Walker etc are worth a full time contract then surely you have to put your faith in them
EG: I'd be temoted to drop Bignot and bring in Winfarrah, move Magnay to right back; bet that doesn't happen but from what I've seen Winfarrah looks a cracking player who just needs game time and needs trusting
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2014, 11:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Maringer
Hardly full-strength. Thomas missing meant that the defence was weaker and with Arnold still injured, we were lacking alternatives on the wings.

I said pretty much full strength. Those 2 were missing when we beat Gateshead, so not really a mitigating factor for me. Anyone would think we are the only side to get injuries and suspensions.

I read somewhere that Torquay had several players missing for the away games at Chester and Town. Both of which they won.
Posted by: mariner91, September 15, 2014, 11:33pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 3610

Spot on for me. For me, this is by far the biggest and worst mistake he's made.
Posted by: Garth, September 16, 2014, 10:13am; Reply: 13
Quoted from mariner91

Spot on for me. For me, this is by far the biggest and worst mistake he's made.

So correct, its akin to going into a known huge contract to build a vessel in a few months without procuring additional welders and then a few months into the contract scouring the country for said welders who are quite happy to stay employed where they are, and then trawling the unemployed substandard to try to salvage the contract.

Rank bad management and would not be tolerated in business elsewhere, he`s going to have to do some quick managerial movements to better the present situation
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:36am