Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 28, 2014, 11:07am
For another month, according to the GTFC twitter feed :)

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/504932175570292736
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 11:18am; Reply: 1
Excellent news. A shame it's not for the whole season though.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 28, 2014, 11:18am; Reply: 2
Good news. Would love him here for the season.
Posted by: Southernboy, August 28, 2014, 11:21am; Reply: 3
Another month is a good start, hopefully can go on again after that?
Posted by: Southernboy, August 28, 2014, 11:21am; Reply: 4
Posted by: Southernboy, August 28, 2014, 11:21am; Reply: 5
oops
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 28, 2014, 11:25am; Reply: 6
Good.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 28, 2014, 11:28am; Reply: 7
Great news!  Good player for this level and brings a lot to the team, just hope we can get him for the full season though.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 28, 2014, 11:29am; Reply: 8
Good news, just a little concerned that Toto won't be getting game time in his best position...
Posted by: biggles9999, August 28, 2014, 11:32am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Southernboy

I think that if you sign a player for a month initially then you can only continue signing them for a month, up to a total of 93 days.

After that point you cannot sign them on loan any further. If we get another 2 months then it presumably takes us to early November.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 28, 2014, 11:39am; Reply: 10
Excellent!
Posted by: SamTheMariner, August 28, 2014, 11:46am; Reply: 11
Possibly only backup
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 28, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 12
as the transfer window would be up before then does this mean we potentially cant sign him up for longer now?
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 28, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 13
Great news, but wish it was till either Jan transfer window or till end of season so we know where we stand
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, August 28, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 14
My only concern is that we have another Pond situation.

Would have much preferred a season long deal, but better than going back next week.

Hopefully if all goes well next month he might be tempted by a deal in January.....
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 28, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 15
Bit annoying that Scunny will only let us have him for another month. Surely you'd think considering how shite their defence is they'd want him back now or not at all? I was hoping we'd get him until at least Christmas. Now he'll end up going back to Scunny in September (or late October / early November if we can extend the loan for another month) regardless of whether they want him back or not.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from biggles9999

I think that if you sign a player for a month initially then you can only continue signing them for a month, up to a total of 93 days.

After that point you cannot sign them on loan any further. If we get another 2 months then it presumably takes us to early November.

This is how I understand it too - emergency loans only outside of the transfer window.

Although I don't know if we can go back in for him in January for a loan until the end of the season?
Posted by: biggles9999, August 28, 2014, 1:00pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19

This is how I understand it too - emergency loans only outside of the transfer window.

Although I don't know if we can go back in for him in January for a loan until the end of the season?

We are still in the transfer window, but I still thought that once you had signed a player on loan you were only able to extend it by the same length as the original loan deal. In this case upto 93 days.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Possibly only backup

Whilst Thomas is injured, and they say that could be up to 2 months, he'll surely be a mainstay of the defence with Toto, Pearson and Magnay, so I can see him starting every game.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2014, 1:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from biggles9999

We are still in the transfer window, but I still thought that once you had signed a player on loan you were only able to extend it by the same length as the original loan deal. In this case upto 93 days.

Sorry yes, I know we're still in the transfer window, but by the time the month they've just agreed is finished we won't be (so like you say it'll only go to 93 days)

The loan could still have been extended until January or the end of the season (the original deal is irrelevant), but it would have to be done by Monday. But I assume Scunny didn't want to do this as they wouldn't be able to recall him.
Posted by: Rick12, August 28, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 20
Good news and rate him as a player   wouldent mind having him longer if he performs
Posted by: TAGG, August 28, 2014, 1:40pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jimgtfc
Good news, just a little concerned that Toto won't be getting game time in his best position...

Ye never know the way he's been going RB may turn out to be his best position :-)
Posted by: Stew0_0, August 28, 2014, 2:26pm; Reply: 22
Heard a rumour that we trying to sign him on a permanent deal. Extending the loan is just a fail safe I guess as (if I'm understanding correctly ) if you end up signing a player after a loan spell you end up getting back the loans used???
Posted by: biggles9999, August 28, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Stew0_0
Heard a rumour that we trying to sign him on a permanent deal. Extending the loan is just a fail safe I guess as (if I'm understanding correctly ) if you end up signing a player after a loan spell you end up getting back the loans used???

I remember that being the case a few years ago with Oster when we were in the Championship.

We wanted to bring him in on a permanent so that his previous loan would be rescinded and free up a space for another player. Oster rejected us on a permanent so we couldnt get the other player in at the same time.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 24
Back then you were limited to 8 loans a season, don't think that's the case anymore.

Wasn't it Disco Des we couldn't sign on loan? Shame really, because if Groves had seen how shit he was we'd never have given him a 2 year deal a couple of months later!
Posted by: Maringer, August 28, 2014, 3:06pm; Reply: 25
It's hard to believe that a player once transferred for £2 million (when that was really a lot of money in footballing terms) could turn out to be so utterly excrement.

Until you notice that it was Newcastle who paid the transfer fee. Then it all becomes clear...
Posted by: nightrider, August 28, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Maringer
It's hard to believe that a player once transferred for £2 million (when that was really a lot of money in footballing terms) could turn out to be so utterly excrement.

Until you notice that it was Newcastle who paid the transfer fee. Then it all becomes clear...

Maybe he was allergic to black and white stripes. As soon as he put on the blackandwhite he turned excrement. Blacknwhite-itis
Funny cos both us and newcastle seem to get a lot of players that have a phobia of the stripes

Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 28, 2014, 7:08pm; Reply: 27
Good player can only help strengthen the squad.
Interesting how all the current back 4 can play CB.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, August 29, 2014, 10:24am; Reply: 28
You won't come a defender who can play multiple positions and says their best position is full back.   "No one grows up wanting to be Gary Neville" said Jamie Carragher. Full backs are either failed wingers pr failed centre backs. E g. Aswad Thomas is a failed winger, Sam Hatton was a.failed centre half.
Posted by: lee65, August 29, 2014, 10:44am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Maringer

The only bit of passion or aggression I ever saw from Des was when he got sent of at Doncaster in the league cup for grappling with a guy on the floor (we lost 3-2 from 2 nil up!)

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 2:09pm