Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, August 27, 2014, 3:50pm
Have we done this one before?

I went for Andy Todd and Tommy Forecast.

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=228&article=687757
Posted by: SamTheMariner, August 27, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 1
Totally Agree
Posted by: boroughparker, August 27, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 2
Beasant/Brodie
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2014, 3:55pm; Reply: 3
Dave Beasant
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 27, 2014, 4:00pm; Reply: 4
Worst contender:  That old bloke from Scunny (not that long ago).
Posted by: psgmariner, August 27, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Worst contender:  That old bloke from Scunny (not that long ago).

Beagrie? We signed him permanently.

Or are you on about the centre back who gave away a penalty on his debut?

Quite a long list for worst.
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 27, 2014, 4:08pm; Reply: 6
Best David Neilson, worst that Nicholls from Chelsea
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from friskneymariner
Best David Neilson, worst that Nicholls from Chelsea

Agree with your view on Nicholls , I could not believe he was a pro footballer never mind a Chelsea one.
Posted by: Codswede, August 27, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 8
Best: Nathan Pond for how much better he was than the rest of the division.

Worst: Nathan Pond for the crippling effect his departure had on the rest iof the season.
Posted by: Maringer, August 27, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 9
What about Mark Flatts, a young winger we got on loan from Arsenal many moons ago? I seem to remember that he a few appearances but then went AWOL and even Arsenal didn't know where he'd gone! I know the Grim Reaper gets rid of managers, but that Grim loan period ended his career altogether!
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 10
Tommy Forecast is definitely not our worst loan signing because he actually kept a clean sheet and won 1 game while playing for us.

Here are some terrible loan signings (mainly because of how utterly useless they were) - Danny Carlton, Nicky Rizzo, Javan Vidal, Arnaud Mendy, Josh Magennis, Ben Wright, Tony Thorpe, Simon Heslop, Tomi Ameobi, Luke McCarthy, Malvin Kamara & Anthony Pulis

Wayne Henderson was very good.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 11
Andy Todd single handedly kept us away from relegation when he was here, unbelievable player.

Tommy Forecast may as well have been single handed, it's almost funny how bad he is.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 27, 2014, 4:20pm; Reply: 12
Neil woods, beasant and Todd as the best. Was Ivano on loan to start as well (les) ???

I understand Brodie but Christ on a bike there's been worse. Forecast would say.

And Nichols wasn't that bad, got us a pen to beat palace
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 27, 2014, 4:28pm; Reply: 13
Steve Kabba not got a mention yet. He was great during his time here although obviously it went a bit sour.

Tomi Ameobi is the worst for me. In his game against Barnet he stood out as the worst player in arguably the worst match I've ever seen.
Posted by: BrickTop, August 27, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from psgmariner
Have we done this one before?

I went for Andy Todd and Tommy Forecast.

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=228&article=687757

Couldn't agree more. Todd wasn't just the best loan signing, in my opinion he was the best player we've had in a town shirt since I've been watching(last 25 years).

UTM
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2014, 4:39pm; Reply: 15
Arnaud Mendy was exceptionally shite - he only lasted 45 minutes in Newell's last game in charge against Rochdale and looked absolutely hopeless. Certainly a worse loan signing than Forecast. Lincoln can't be any good if he's playing for them on a regular basis.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 27, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 16
Andy Todd was superb and hard to think of a better one.

Nicky Featherstone was a bit excrement along with many others already mentioned.

Patterson was pretty good too.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 27, 2014, 4:45pm; Reply: 17
Beasant and Todd the best. Featherstone, Devitt 2nd time and Forecast the worst.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 27, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 18
Junior Mendes wasn't great
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 27, 2014, 5:04pm; Reply: 19
Andy Todd and Dave Beasant for loanees only but Joe Waters and Super Clive came here on loan first so they'd  top both I reckon.

As for the worst, well apart from the infamous Mr Fourpast there were umpteen during Mike Newell/Neil Woods' managerial stints here.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 27, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 20
Was it Woods who signed those 3-4 loanees which included Tomi Ameobi? They all came in on the same day, played one game and I think they all cleared off because they were so hopelessly bad.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 27, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 21
I was thinking of Beagrie.  He seemed worse as he came from Scunny.  He did not stay long so thought he was on loan (my error).  Permanently also an error  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 27, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 22
Martin Pringle had the potential to be the best of the lot if it wasn't for that thug Dave Challinor.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2014, 6:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from pontoonlew
Was it Woods who signed those 3-4 loanees which included Tomi Ameobi? They all came in on the same day, played one game and I think they all cleared off because they were so hopelessly bad.

Stuart watkiss brought in Tomi ameobi, malvin kamara and Liam trotter in on loan after Buckley got sacked
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 24
The best - Split between Todd - Beasant

Worst - Brodie for what he did to the team spirit.
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 27, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 25
Took the exact words out of my mouth Les.
Posted by: pizzzza, August 27, 2014, 6:28pm; Reply: 26
Mendonca the best for the signing that he would subsequently become. Agree with others on Forecast being the worst.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 27, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 27
Best: Andy Todd
Worst: Tomi Ameobi
Most forgettable: James Lawson
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, August 27, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 28
best - andy todd, dave besant, super clive, david neilson
worst - jason (pineapple head) lee, brodie, forcast
Posted by: Tom13, August 27, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 29
Worst has to be James Lawson although Josh Magennis surprisingly hasn't been mentioned.
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, August 27, 2014, 7:46pm; Reply: 30
Joe Waters
Posted by: LH, August 27, 2014, 8:32pm; Reply: 31
Barry Conlon on both counts.

well ish...
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, August 27, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 32
Todd-best Henderson and Beasant not far behind!

Worst- too many to mention
Posted by: Biccys, August 28, 2014, 3:18pm; Reply: 33
Was Dave Gilbert initially on loan as well? And at the same time as Dale Banton, who wasn't offered a permanent deal because of his Soul-Glo hair do?
Posted by: nightrider, August 28, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 34
Worst who went on to be good - Mickaël Antoine-Curier
Best who I cant remember actaully watching....  Dave Beasant
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from nightrider
Worst who went on to be good - Mickaël Antoine-Curier
Best who I cant remember actaully watching....  Dave Beasant

I don't think Antoine-Currier was actually on loan was he?

I thought we signed him on a short-term contract but then got rid because of how utterly shite he was.

Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, August 28, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 36
Who is Lawson and when did he play for us?! :/
Posted by: Maringer, August 28, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 37
Young striker joined from, erm, don't remember. Was it Colchester? Nope, just checked and it was Sarfend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lawson_%28footballer%29

As I recall he was highly rated when he came on loan but didn't look as though he knew what he was doing. Just the one appearance and it looks as though his career hasn't been a great success either.
Posted by: fiveallive, August 28, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 38
Best Andy Todd Worse Tomi Ameobi.
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 28, 2014, 8:45pm; Reply: 39
James Lawson said he was homesick after about a week here.
Posted by: BIGChris, August 29, 2014, 8:59am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Biccys
Was Dave Gilbert initially on loan as well? And at the same time as Dale Banton, who wasn't offered a permanent deal because of his Soul-Glo hair do?

I see Dale on a regular basis. He is a rep for one of our suppliers. He has very little hair these days!
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2014, 9:07am; Reply: 41
Martin Paterson and David Nielson were two very good fairly recent examples.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, August 29, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 42
Pending on how old you are varies on what players make your list...I remember Mark Flatts, Mark Nicholls, Lee Thorpe, Ian Hamilton, Paul Robinson etc back in the day, none really did to much to inspire me, although Robinson had glimpses of talent I think he only scored 1 or 2 in two loan spells over two years. I remember Lennie Lawrence bringing in some Scottish loanee from a German club, can't remember his name though , he probably played 4 or 5 times..Neil Murray was it?? As for bad loans in recent years you could reel off an endless list of pointless panic loans that we have signed since 2007 through till Hurst and Scott took over. Buckley third time around, Newell and Woods were terrible for just signing anyone available, so most guys they brought in had very little substance or thought process behind it...

The best....Wayne Burnett initially joined on loan, David Nielsen, Steve Kabba, Andy Todd, John Oster when he re-joined, Martin Paterson, Rob Atkinson when he initially signed on loan, Jamie Devitt first time around impressed me but its probably because he was the only player in the whole squad that was half decent.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 29, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 43
My favourites were Ademola Bankole and Morten Hyldgaard.
Posted by: rancido, August 29, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 44
I seem to recall that Joe Waters originally came on loan from Leicester(?) and he turned out to be a tremendous signing. There has been far too much dunnage on loan in the last 10 seasons to really pick one out without making some others look comparatively good! ;D
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 29, 2014, 6:32pm; Reply: 45
Could make a full team up of our worst loanees.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:35pm