Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: Townfantom, June 18, 2010, 11:05am
Do you know any of them?
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), June 18, 2010, 11:09am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Townfantom
Do you know any of them?

No, thank god. I would have had to disown any of my "mates" who appeared in that line up in the paper today.
Posted by: big_mozzer, June 18, 2010, 11:10am; Reply: 2
Yes quite a thew. :o
Posted by: grimps, June 18, 2010, 11:14am; Reply: 3
i had to laugh at the steward  :)
Posted by: marinerian, June 18, 2010, 12:16pm; Reply: 4
I don't recognise any of them, been going to away games since 1994.

I'd heard about some guy dressed as a steward or high vis vest but thought it was just drunken crap being told at the time......the stewARD PART WAS USED in Green Street when the lad jumps infront of the Brum giving it large!
Posted by: pontoonlew, June 18, 2010, 12:29pm; Reply: 5
One of them posts on here  ;D
Posted by: killingholmemariner, June 18, 2010, 12:32pm; Reply: 6
I recognise one of them, But no idea who he is.
Posted by: Townfantom, June 18, 2010, 12:44pm; Reply: 7
I know one but the worst thing is he's not even a town fan  :o
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 18, 2010, 1:49pm; Reply: 8
I've been going home and away regularly since the 80's and not one of them is a regular Town away fan I don't think, though I do recognise one of them.
Posted by: pseudonym, June 18, 2010, 1:54pm; Reply: 9
Don't know any of them
Posted by: headingly_mariner, June 18, 2010, 1:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin
I've been going home and away regularly since the 80's and not one of them is a regular Town away fan I don't think, though I do recognise one of them.

One of them is a regular in the Upper dont know his name though, dont recognise any of the others.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 18, 2010, 1:59pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner

One of them is a regular in the Upper dont know his name though, dont recognise any of the others.

Probably the same one I recognise mate but I don't see him at away games very often.

Posted by: STB, June 18, 2010, 2:04pm; Reply: 12
I know all but one of them.
Four of them sit behind me in the Ponny and a couple are McMenemys regulars.
Posted by: killingholmemariner, June 18, 2010, 2:17pm; Reply: 13
Its probably the same one i recognise les, seen you in the upper numerous amounts of time aswell
Posted by: Abdul19, June 18, 2010, 2:23pm; Reply: 14
I'm one of them.
Posted by: stevieh, June 18, 2010, 2:57pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1106

No, thank god. I would have had to disown any of my "mates" who appeared in that line up in the paper today.

Personally I would wait to see if they were convicted of any criminal offence before I considered disowning any of them
Posted by: LH, June 18, 2010, 3:00pm; Reply: 16
I know one of them, he's a regular.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, June 18, 2010, 3:03pm; Reply: 17
Even I recognise one of them (9th) .... handy geezer from yesteryear?
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 18, 2010, 3:33pm; Reply: 18
I recognise 5 of them. One is our very own ALFIE's mate.  ;D  Another is a a harmless kid. I can't see any of them causing much trouble.  :-/
Posted by: philnicgtfc, June 18, 2010, 4:13pm; Reply: 19
Third from the left on the top row looks like Louis Walsh  ;D
Posted by: MarinerJosh, June 18, 2010, 4:25pm; Reply: 20
I know the ginger one he's at college.
Posted by: Balaby, June 18, 2010, 4:28pm; Reply: 21
One of them is a regular at most games and is an avid supporter. He actually went to the Burton game with me and was in no trouble and caused no trouble what so ever.!! So how they can publish these pictures and brandish them all hooligans is ridiculous. I'm not saying all of them are inocent but i know this individual at least  definately is.
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 18, 2010, 4:33pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Balaby
One of them is a regular at most games and is an avid supporter. He actually went to the Burton game with me and was in no trouble and caused no trouble what so ever.!! So how they can publish these pictures and brandish them all hooligans is ridiculous. I'm not saying all of them are inocent but i know this individual at least  definately is.

The 2 youngest lads aren't trouble causers. I'd love to know what they did to be branded hooligans.  ;D
Posted by: Alfie, June 18, 2010, 4:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mariner_501
I recognise 5 of them. One is our very own ALFIE's mate. ;D  Another is a a harmless kid. I can't see any of them causing much trouble.  :-/

Correct.
For the record, the big ginger lad is not a hooligan. He is a season ticket holder, a regular at away games and a loyal Grimsby Town supporter. He's just unlucky that he's drunk too much on the day and been caught up on the pitch with a bunch of idiots. Wrong place, at the wrong time, if you will. Very naive and stupid on his part.

He shouldn't have got himself in that position but he's faced up to his mistake and rang the police first thing this morning. He appreciates he shouldn't have gone on the pitch and will take whatever punishment is deemed necessary.
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 18, 2010, 4:49pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Alfie

Correct.
For the record, the big ginger lad is not a hooligan. He is a season ticket holder, a regular at away games and a loyal Grimsby Town supporter. He's just unlucky that he's drunk too much on the day and been caught up on the pitch with a bunch of idiots. Wrong place, at the wrong time, if you will. Very naive and stupid on his part.

He shouldn't have got himself in that position but he's faced up to his mistake and rang the police first thing this morning. He appreciates he shouldn't have gone on the pitch and will take whatever punishment is deemed necessary.

I don't know the lad but see him at games, both home and away. He IS NOT a hooligan and whatever he did was totally out of character and I hope he doesn't get a banning order (I guess he is going to) because the lad is harmless, just a normal town fan that I guess was just drunk off that we had been relegated.
Posted by: Marinerdan, June 18, 2010, 5:10pm; Reply: 25
Picture number 10 looks familer?

Posted by: Alfie, June 18, 2010, 5:15pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mariner_501

I don't know the lad but see him at games, both home and away. He IS NOT a hooligan and whatever he did was totally out of character and I hope he doesn't get a banning order (I guess he is going to) because the lad is harmless, just a normal town fan that I guess was just drunk off that we had been relegated.

Exactly. He's just been caught up with a group of thugs and, understandably, been tarred with the same brush. This guy has been at the game with me and two other proper town fans PLUS his little brother. He has in no way gone to cause trouble. Nor has he hit anyone - his clean 'record' should show this.

Hopefully, the Old Bill and Club will appreciate this, and his cooperation, and deal with him lightly.
Posted by: lukeo, June 18, 2010, 5:25pm; Reply: 27
I recognise 1 from sunday league football. As far as i know he's never been to a town game until Burton.
Posted by: theicenian, June 18, 2010, 5:26pm; Reply: 28
I'm distinctly unimpressed by the Telegraphs urge to publish photographs before people have actually been charged never mind convicted of anything. In their usual way they go charging in with only half the facts and act as judge and jury.  

The point being ofcourse how accurate are the photos,were they taken on the day,were the folks involved on the pitch ,in the stand etc etc.  What happened to innocent until PROVED guilty.  According to the Telegraph it's guilty until proved innocent. By this I do not in any way defend those who actually caused mayhem but in the country I was born into there USED to be something akin to justice and this is not it.
Posted by: Garth, June 18, 2010, 5:39pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from theicenian
I'm distinctly unimpressed by the Telegraphs urge to publish photographs before people have actually been charged never mind convicted of anything. In their usual way they go charging in with only half the facts and act as judge and jury.  

The point being ofcourse how accurate are the photos,were they taken on the day,were the folks involved on the pitch ,in the stand etc etc.  What happened to innocent until PROVED guilty.  According to the Telegraph it's guilty until proved innocent. By this I do not in any way defend those who actually caused mayhem but in the country I was born into there USED to be something akin to justice and this is not it.

WHS they could easily stated that the police wanted to contact these people in connection with the Burton incident and would advise them to report to the Police Station ASAP for questioning, far more civilised way of reporting rather than giving them the gladitorial thumbs down without even questioning
Posted by: Marinerdan, June 18, 2010, 5:49pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Garth

WHS they could easily stated that the police wanted to contact these people in connection with the Burton incident and would advise them to report to the Police Station ASAP for questioning, far more civilised way of reporting rather than giving them the gladitorial thumbs down without even questioning

When you read it closly they've been very careful with their choice of words to avoid legal action.

Posted by: Alfie, June 18, 2010, 5:53pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from theicenian

Totally agree.
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, June 18, 2010, 6:10pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from MarinerJosh
I know the ginger one he's at college.

Is it the last one
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 6:23pm; Reply: 33
Witch hunt as per usual lets just make sure we have the innocent til proved guilty approach on here shall we because i know for a fact at least 2 pictured today are not and never have been involved in anything.They may wrongly have gone onto the playing area at Burton but any decent brief would argue they never had much of a choice due to the overcrowding in the away end.The only yobs i saw at Burton were in Police uniforms waving sticks about PC Dodds should be sacked for incompetence if this is the best he can do LOL.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 6:29pm; Reply: 34
The other thing anyone who rings up and names the people pictured without actually having witnessed them 1st hand breaking the law is lower than a snakes bollox.
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 18, 2010, 6:30pm; Reply: 35
Everyone knows police can't do their job properly, total waste of council tax. I know someone that had their house broken into 5 nights in a row, yet the ob never found out who it was. (off topic I know) Doddsy is not doing his job properly if that is the list he can draw up. He's meant to be the F.I officer?!  ;D
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 18, 2010, 6:32pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The other thing anyone who rings up and names the people pictured without actually having witnessed them 1st hand breaking the law is lower than a snakes bollox.

By the looks of it Doddsy is just trying to pick out a few people to justify his salary. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those pictured never did anything more than 200 others.
Posted by: Tinymariner, June 18, 2010, 6:37pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Mariner_501

By the looks of it Doddsy is just trying to pick out a few people to justify his salary. I wouldn't be surprised if half of those pictured never did anything more than 200 others.

This is not the doing of PC Dodds, It is being driven by the Burton Police. I am sure he will have an input and let them know who is who but it is all down to the CCTV at Burton.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 6:47pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Tinymariner

This is not the doing of PC Dodds, It is being driven by the Burton Police. I am sure he will have an input and let them know who is who but it is all down to the CCTV at Burton.

Well the Telegraph quote him Tiny so........................Anyhow read page 5 and the four who failed to surrender their passports on June 1st and what the Soliciter had to say i can see things being very interesting what with peoples civil rights being taken away etc.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 6:49pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Mariner_501

I remember on the day a Town fan shouting at him Hey doddsy this time next week youll be a traffic warden made a terrible day a bit brighter.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 6:51pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Mariner_501
Everyone knows police can't do their job properly, total waste of council tax. I know someone that had their house broken into 5 nights in a row, yet the ob never found out who it was. (off topic I know) Doddsy is not doing his job properly if that is the list he can draw up. He's meant to be the F.I officer?!  ;D

I know mate 11 months after our car got nicked were still waiting i was half hoping to be pictured today i could have got my monies worth then.

Posted by: mariner paul, June 18, 2010, 7:05pm; Reply: 41
dont know any of them and i dont want to either
Posted by: immariner, June 18, 2010, 7:45pm; Reply: 42
All who went on the pitch should be given banning orders. It is a criminal offence and they all knew it. Nothing to celebrate, obviously, why go on the pitch? These people aren't as innocent as some would like to make out. Trouble was going to happen, going on to the pitch at least makes them a sympathiser and at worst a brain dead knuckle dragger. I'd rather not be surrounded by either.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 18, 2010, 9:36pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from immariner
All who went on the pitch should be given banning orders. It is a criminal offence and they all knew it. Nothing to celebrate, obviously, why go on the pitch? These people aren't as innocent as some would like to make out. Trouble was going to happen, going on to the pitch at least makes them a sympathiser and at worst a brain dead knuckle dragger. I'd rather not be surrounded by either.

WHS

Ban the ugly little chavs. 100% Scum.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 9:56pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from psgmariner

WHS

Ban the ugly little chavs. 100% Scum.

Do you include the many who went on the pitch to shake the hand of Neil Woods and to try and tell him he wasnt to blame?Not everybody who was on the pitch was on the pitch to cause trouble despite what the Police and Clubs tell you simply to cover up there own mistakes and general lack of control over a 6000 crowd.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 9:57pm; Reply: 45
The travelling GY fans should all get a full and frank apology for having their health and safety put at risk by the powers that be.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, June 18, 2010, 9:58pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Alfie

At least one person is taking responsibility for themselves rather than blaming Burton for letting them in, selling them beer, provoking them to go on the pitch and other such excuses.

Posted by: psgmariner, June 18, 2010, 9:59pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Do you include the many who went on the pitch to shake the hand of Neil Woods and to try and tell him he wasnt to blame?Not everybody who was on the pitch was on the pitch to cause trouble despite what the Police and Clubs tell you simply to cover up there own mistakes and general lack of control over a 6000 crowd.

Yes, criminal offence to go on the pitch. It says this all over. If stupid little inbreds can't read them intercourse em and let them rot.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 10:00pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from psgmariner

Yes, criminal offence to go on the pitch. It says this all over. If stupid little inbreds can't read them intercourse em and let them rot.

Your not Terry Redrum are you?
Posted by: psgmariner, June 18, 2010, 10:02pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Your not Terry Redrum are you?

Nope. Let's agree to disagree. In a excrement mood cos Town and England are both fuckng laughing stocks.

Posted by: ska face, June 18, 2010, 10:18pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The travelling GY fans should all get a full and frank apology for having their health and safety put at risk by the powers that be.

In what way?
Posted by: marinette, June 18, 2010, 10:18pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Marinerdan
Picture number 10 looks familer?

Nooooo!  (no)
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 18, 2010, 10:27pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from marinette

Nooooo!  (no)

It's ok. This guy was seen to aggressive in the opponents half.  So it couldn't have been heggers.  ;)
Posted by: Shiver, June 18, 2010, 10:28pm; Reply: 53
I can't get the paper and also can't find the pictures on the telegraph site! Have they not been published online or am I just missing the obvious?  :-/
Posted by: williamorbit, June 18, 2010, 11:05pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Shiver
I can't get the paper and also can't find the pictures on the telegraph site! Have they not been published online or am I just missing the obvious?  :-/

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/help-police-trace-12-Grimsby-Town-fans-caught-CCTV/article-2321278-detail/article.html
Posted by: williamorbit, June 18, 2010, 11:06pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from williamorbit

PS Your not pictured so stop worrying :)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:07pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from ska face

In what way?

One example the Town fan who collapsed couldnt be reached by the Paramedics when they eventually got to him they then couldnt get him down did you at any stage see the Police or stewards present help?

Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:08pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from williamorbit

PS Your not pictured so stop worrying :)

You liar he is clearly no13
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:09pm; Reply: 58
Ps we could all ring the hotline and name Tony Hamilton THATS JUSTICE.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 18, 2010, 11:11pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You liar he is clearly no13

I was pictured, but it was deemed they could not print my phot in a family newspaper in case it frightened the kids  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:18pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Civvy at last

I was pictured, but it was deemed they could not print my phot in a family newspaper in case it frightened the kids  ;)

Can you imagine the relief if you got a banning order and were stopped from this endless torture for a while?Fcuk it i might ring in and claim im the one out of focus it isnt like they will bother checking.
Posted by: KING LOUIS, June 18, 2010, 11:18pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from immariner

Here you go again slagging off people you do no know and would not say to there faces innocent til proven guilty. If you are such a  good loyal town fan why not buy your own season ticket instead of trying to ponce a ticket on the cheap.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 18, 2010, 11:22pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Can you imagine the relief if you got a banning order and were stopped from this endless torture for a while?Fcuk it i might ring in and claim im the one out of focus it isnt like they will bother checking.

Sorry bud, but some girl private in a Scum U shirt can't claim the glory for this one.  ;)

Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:28pm; Reply: 63

Sorry bud, but some girl private in a Scum U shirt can't claim the glory for this one.  ;)

Wanna bet?

Posted by: Civvy at last, June 18, 2010, 11:38pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Wanna bet?

Once a glory hunter .........
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 18, 2010, 11:59pm; Reply: 65

Once a glory hunter .........

Better to hunt glory than sheep in wellies MOI SAN

Posted by: Northy69er, June 19, 2010, 9:21am; Reply: 66
I'm pretty sure Burton police will have some CCTV footage of all these "Fans" doing things that they shouldn't be.

I can't see them being called to court to be told, "Look we have a still frame of you, the same one as posted in the paper. So therefore you are guilty"

The police will have evidence that these "fans" were being "Nawty".

If they have not done anything wrong then they should all hand themselves in and say "Prove it"

BAN THEM ALL

Posted by: immariner, June 19, 2010, 9:25am; Reply: 67
Quoted from KING LOUIS

Here you go again slagging off people you do no know and would not say to there faces innocent til proven guilty. If you are such a  good loyal town fan why not buy your own season ticket instead of trying to ponce a ticket on the cheap.

Yes, because that's the difference isn't it? I don't claim to be the most loyal supporter but I do claim to be rather skint most of the time. I don't see the problem with paying someone for their stub which they aren't able to use, doesn't mean I should agree with people going on the playing surface when they know it's going to fuel trouble.

Posted by: cardiffmariner, June 19, 2010, 9:26am; Reply: 68
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Witch hunt as per usual lets just make sure we have the innocent til proved guilty approach on here shall we because i know for a fact at least 2 pictured today are not and never have been involved in anything.They may wrongly have gone onto the playing area at Burton but any decent brief would argue they never had much of a choice due to the overcrowding in the away end.The only yobs i saw at Burton were in Police uniforms waving sticks about PC Dodds should be sacked for incompetence if this is the best he can do LOL.

You have to be joking.

1.  There was plenty of room.  I was stood to the left of the goal and there was space, only all the numpties who turned up right before kick off were intent on forcing there way to the middle/front when that was already full.  Better stewrading may have helped here but plenty of GTFC fans were also responsible for the 'crushing' of individuals at the front.

2. Your other comment undermines everything you have siad on this thread.  I saw plenty of yobs pouring out of the stand.  They are a disgrace to the club and in my mind pathetic individuals if a. this is how they get their kicks from life or b. can't deal with our relegation in any other way than violence.  Those who went on the pitch and weren't involved in the violence need to ask themselves in what way they thought bit would be a good idea.  

Posted by: marinette, June 19, 2010, 9:50am; Reply: 69
How many pitch invaders were unaware that trouble had been planned for this game?  People had  been talking about it for weeks.  Either they chose to get involved and take the consequences, or chose not to.

Is being drunk a valid excuse for lawlessness?  (Oh, I'd not normally do anything like that, m'lud, only I'd had a few drinks so therefore I should be exempt from any punishment.)
Posted by: JazzMariner, June 19, 2010, 9:57am; Reply: 70
Quoted from theicenian

Whilst I am not a fan of the GT, why are you giving them stick over this? I would suspect that every single regional newspaper, all national rags and every tv news organisation has done the same, so why stick the knife in on the GT?  :-/
Posted by: theicenian, June 19, 2010, 10:37am; Reply: 71
Quoted from JazzMariner

Whilst I am not a fan of the GT, why are you giving them stick over this? I would suspect that every single regional newspaper, all national rags and every tv news organisation has done the same, so why stick the knife in on the GT?  :-/

You may be right that every regional paper does it but the GT covers our game in our area and is supposedly our local paper. My quible isn't with the prosecution of those that misbehaved,it is my belief that they should be prosecuted afterall they have broken the law. My beef is simple,you cannot simply post photos in the paper saying these are hooligans without proof. Sceptical,yes cos most times the CPS will not prosecute someone simply on CCTV evidence alone nor still photos. The solicitors will have a field day claiming their clients were convicted before they come to court. A more circumspect method could have been adopted but simply labeling everyone a hooligan is leaving all sorts of loopholes for a decent defence to wriggle through. There are,as has been been pointed out degrees of guilt,which are simply brushed over by simply tarring everyone with the same brush. Yes going on the pitch is illegal but are you going to treat someone who wanders onto the pitch the same as someone who wrecks the fabric of the ground or who attempts to assault the police or stewards?

All I'm really saying is this gungho approach to journalism,whether it is in the GT or The Little Snoring Advertiser is wrong because it does not give folks the right to defend themselves. Those that have done wrong should be prosecuted but there is no proof that those photos were taken on the pitch,or in the stand or outside the ground is there. Given the shambles that was the stewarding and policing and even the ticket sales it is certain there will be mistakes made over identification and participation so simply printing photos and saying these are hooligans is a mistake.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 19, 2010, 11:02am; Reply: 72
allways thought in this country you are inocent untill proven guilty,fair enough if convicted of anything publish pictures but the telewag whos recent headlines include a dog bit a postman havent got anything else to print. someone earlier mentioned the ginger lad not doing anything well ive seen youtube footage of him throwing something so hes fooked
Posted by: STB, June 19, 2010, 11:20am; Reply: 73
The only criminals on the day were the management and team of GTFC.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 19, 2010, 11:33am; Reply: 74
Quoted from STB
The only criminals on the day were the management and team of GTFC.

are you including jon fenty (con) in that ?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 19, 2010, 11:37am; Reply: 75
Quoted from immariner

i imagine there was a lot of pitch invasions around the country so would you ban everyone who encroached the pitch
Posted by: JonnyK, June 19, 2010, 2:08pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from immariner

What an amazingly bone-headed and ridiculous comment to make.  I only wish you were just a WUM on a mission.  I 'encroached on to the playing surface' after the final whistle, but mostly to calm down a few mates who were clearly overcome on the day and affected, like a lot of us were by a bit of alcohol.  Some people were there to cause trouble, some people were on the pitch to cause trouble, but a lot weren't.  Illegal it may be to go on the pitch, but get in the real world.  It happens, right in front of police and stewards all over the country and they don't do anything.  

Tarring a lot of peopole with the same brush coz you have nothing better do says an awful lot about you.  I don't go for following other people's opinions of posters on an internet forum, but the chap who inferred you probably had bullying issues seems spot on to me.
Posted by: DoggerBank, June 19, 2010, 3:41pm; Reply: 77
Since the GET started publishing photographs of convicted law brakers leaving court,from drink drivers to petty criminals, why does the GET feel the need to dipict them with a cigarette in their mouths,does it somehow make the more hidiously evil because they smoke?
Posted by: brad_gtfc, June 19, 2010, 5:45pm; Reply: 78
immariner, what a tool. Get a grip.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, June 19, 2010, 5:45pm; Reply: 79
I recognised 3 of them. Half of the people who have been arrested haven't been charged with any offences, the case will be the same with these 12 I should think.
Posted by: NorfolkImp, June 19, 2010, 7:00pm; Reply: 80
2,400+ posts for another hooli-thread ..... face it, you Cods just love 'talking' about this subject, don't ya?  ;)
Posted by: sweetGTFC, June 19, 2010, 7:06pm; Reply: 81
If printing pictures in a paper is the only way that plod can find out names of SUSPECTS then so what?  If they did nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about, if they did do something wrong and brought shame on the club then I sincerely hope that they get the book thrown at them.  Football is for football fans, not hooligans.  :B
Posted by: Northy69er, June 19, 2010, 8:45pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from sweetGTFC
If printing pictures in a paper is the only way that plod can find out names of SUSPECTS then so what?  If they did nothing wrong they have nothing to worry about, if they did do something wrong and brought shame on the club then I sincerely hope that they get the book thrown at them.  Football is for football fans, not hooligans.  :B

Agreed

Posted by: bawarmy, June 19, 2010, 9:59pm; Reply: 83
one of them is my cousin. I don't really know him and haven't spoken to him in 20 years. Do I shop him? He is a thug BTW
Posted by: bawarmy, June 19, 2010, 10:01pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from NorfolkImp
2,400+ posts for another hooli-thread ..... face it, you Cods just love 'talking' about this subject, don't ya?  ;)

Says the bell end who has posted on the thread
Posted by: mariner91, June 19, 2010, 10:05pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from NorfolkImp

There's actually just over 80 posts...
Posted by: ska face, June 19, 2010, 10:25pm; Reply: 86
All of which Aryan could have counted on his fingers.
Posted by: STB, June 19, 2010, 11:50pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

are you including jon fenty (con) in that ?

I certainly am Dappo !
Posted by: marinerian, June 19, 2010, 11:56pm; Reply: 88
One of my friends has been charged with pitch encroachment, he said they had so many clear images, they are dealing with the lesser offences first and the last fe are looking at time from what one officer said to him......shame he hasn't a season ticket i'd have brought it of him  ;D
Posted by: NorfolkImp, June 20, 2010, 8:58am; Reply: 89
Quoted from bawarmy

Says the bell end who has posted on the thread

.... well if the cap fits!  ;D

Posted by: flash1, June 20, 2010, 9:22am; Reply: 90
Quoted from bawarmy
one of them is my cousin. I don't really know him and haven't spoken to him in 20 years. Do I shop him? He is a thug BTW

no one likes a grass
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 20, 2010, 11:29am; Reply: 91
Quoted from flash1

no one likes a grass

Exactly, and it's family. Not as if he's killed someone or touched kids.
Posted by: WELLSY_GTFC, June 20, 2010, 11:33am; Reply: 92
Quoted from Mariner_501

Unlike trueIron  ;) ;)
Posted by: ticker_1610, June 20, 2010, 12:28pm; Reply: 93
Can you get copies of the picture? What it lacks in quality it makes it back in what it captures and represents! Love it!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 20, 2010, 12:39pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Mariner_501

absolutely but the telegraph have a policy of print pictures first then dont run the story if anyones found not guilty,shame they didnt take the view when its own assistant editor was caught in public loos engaging in a lewd act not that long ago,i suppose they didnt want to ruin his daughters promising tv career eh
Posted by: JonnyK, June 20, 2010, 12:57pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from sweetGTFC

Sorry, but I could not disagree more.  I have a job in which if I was pictured on the front of the paper I would have had a very difficult time staying in it.  The phrase 'there's no smoke without fire' is inherently built into all of us so just seeing someone portrayred as a possible hooligan/criminal/etc is enough to damage their reputation.  If then they were wrongly pictures, well, damage done and at the end of the day they were innocent, so where's the justice in that.

Massively naive opinion to have that if people have nothing to hide then they are fair game to be plastered all over the local rag.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 20, 2010, 1:00pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from JonnyK

Sorry, but I could not disagree more.  I have a job in which if I was pictured on the front of the paper I would have had a very difficult time staying in it.  The phrase 'there's no smoke without fire' is inherently built into all of us so just seeing someone portrayred as a possible hooligan/criminal/etc is enough to damage their reputation.  If then they were wrongly pictures, well, damage done and at the end of the day they were innocent, so where's the justice in that.

Massively naive opinion to have that if people have nothing to hide then they are fair game to be plastered all over the local rag.

couldnt agree more and will the law be consistent in what they do ie nick everyone on the pitch who wasnt involved in any violence because there must have been 800 people on pitch at one point
Posted by: Green27, June 20, 2010, 1:00pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from flash1

no one likes a grass

This isn't Porridge shop him in. I don't want dicks like that at the game. Then again you have said it was your cousin already and we all know police monitor this board if they don't get something for him you maybe getting a knock at your door now anyway.
Posted by: sweetGTFC, June 20, 2010, 7:17pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from JonnyK

I suppose it's all about opinions, I know it's difficult to draw parallels but what would your opinion be if the crime was more serious, is it still don't print and potentially let a guilty person escape capture?  On your original point, I too have a job where if I was splattered all over the paper I'd be in a difficult position, but then that's further incentive for me to act like a grown up at a football match.  Do you have any more idiotic comments to make or are you too busy w8nking off to football factory?
Posted by: JonnyK, June 20, 2010, 7:26pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from sweetGTFC

I suppose it's all about opinions, I know it's difficult to draw parallels but what would your opinion be if the crime was more serious, is it still don't print and potentially let a guilty person escape capture?  On your original point, I too have a job where if I was splattered all over the paper I'd be in a difficult position, but then that's further incentive for me to act like a grown up at a football match.  Do you have any more idiotic comments to make or are you too busy w8nking off to football factory?

I started typing out an eloquent response.  Then I realised you are either:
a) a kid;
b) a imbecile;

I doubt you have a job anything beyond tieing your own shoe laces.
Posted by: sweetGTFC, June 20, 2010, 7:37pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from JonnyK

I started typing out an eloquent response.  Then I realised you are either:
a) a kid;
b) a imbecile;

I doubt you have a job anything beyond tieing your own shoe laces.

Aww wassup diddums, don't you like it when someone disagrees with you?  Go and have a word with mummykins, she'll tell you everythings okay and the bogeymen won't come and get you in the night.
Posted by: bawarmy, June 20, 2010, 7:39pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from NorfolkImp

.... well if the cap fits!  ;D

Watch it Sunshine or I'll send my cousin round.
Posted by: JonnyK, June 20, 2010, 8:33pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from sweetGTFC

Aww wassup diddums, don't you like it when someone disagrees with you?  Go and have a word with mummykins, she'll tell you everythings okay and the bogeymen won't come and get you in the night.

Dude, you have serious issues.  You're brain is not normal.  Maybe I missed option c, that being you're out of your head on drugs.  
Posted by: sweetGTFC, June 20, 2010, 8:47pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from JonnyK

Dude, you have serious issues.  You're brain is not normal.  Maybe I missed option c, that being you're out of your head on drugs.  

Sorry, I only understand English, not chav!
Posted by: Biccys, June 20, 2010, 8:48pm; Reply: 104
Grow up the pair of you.
Posted by: JonnyK, June 20, 2010, 8:57pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Biccys
Grow up the pair of you.

It's ok Biccy's, I've blocked him.  I don't try to be a big character on here, but I don't try to be a moron either.  Dude being chav?  Can't believe I got into an exchange with such a type.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 21, 2010, 11:27am; Reply: 106
1 or 2 familiar faces there - am surprised the police/telegraph even have to bother asking for info on em!

2 other points -- ban everyone who encroached onthe pitch? well, that'll be at least 500 banning orders then!
me and the girlfriend both stepped on to the side of the pitch on our way out. i might volunteer myself and spare myself the expense and torture of having to watch our rabble in non league footie ;D
secondly cardiff mariner, i was on the left side as well and there wasn't sapce. it was jam packed and even the yellow hatched stair areas were full as well. they were even lined up 2 or 3 deep at the top of the stairs on the concourse,peering over peoples heads to see.that's partly why so many kids and their dads were sent to sit in front of the advertising hoardings
Posted by: pier39, June 21, 2010, 12:06pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from forza ivano
1 or 2 familiar faces there - am surprised the police/telegraph even have to bother asking for info on em!

2 other points -- ban everyone who encroached onthe pitch? well, that'll be at least 500 banning orders then!
me and the girlfriend both stepped on to the side of the pitch on our way out. i might volunteer myself and spare myself the expense and torture of having to watch our rabble in non league footie ;D
secondly cardiff mariner, i was on the left side as well and there wasn't sapce. it was jam packed and even the yellow hatched stair areas were full as well. they were even lined up 2 or 3 deep at the top of the stairs on the concourse,peering over peoples heads to see.that's partly why so many kids and their dads were sent to sit in front of the advertising hoardings

i think there only nicking people who acted aggressively like punching a copper,throwing a hoarding so most have nothing to fear.
Posted by: marinette, June 21, 2010, 7:40pm; Reply: 108
From last Fridays GET:  "Sergeant Nigel Roberts, of Burton Police, said: "......We will be seeking to secure football banning orders on those responsible for the disorder, which we anticipate will be more than 50."
Posted by: sweetGTFC, June 21, 2010, 9:04pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from JonnyK

It's ok Biccy's, I've blocked him.  I don't try to be a big character on here, but I don't try to be a moron either.  Dude being chav?  Can't believe I got into an exchange with such a type.

Teacher teacher.  Blimey, what is this world coming to!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 13, 2010, 2:00am; Reply: 110
civvy civvy YOU ARE NEXT
Posted by: NorfolkImp, September 16, 2010, 5:22pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from 1mickylyons
civvy civvy YOU ARE NEXT

Is he really?  ??)

Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 18, 2010, 9:46am; Reply: 112
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Is he really?  ??)

nah way to fcuking ugly to have his face on a Wanted poster.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 28, 2010, 6:10pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Is he really?  ??)

Nope,  not a chance.  He was in fact stood in the back of the stand at the away end. Wondering how on earth the team he has supported for 38 years had sunk so low.  He was also wondering how a once respected firm (many of whom he could see on the pitch) were reduced to terrorising a bunch of women and kids in a rural city centre, and smashing up some bloody advertising hoardings.  :'(

The day you see my face in the Telegraph (which you won't), it will not be for calling a Steward a naughty name, gobbing off from behind a wall of coppers, or attacking a harmless piece of advertising. It would be for something bloody worth while.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 28, 2010, 7:39pm; Reply: 114

Nope,  not a chance.  He was in fact stood in the back of the stand at the away end. Wondering how on earth the team he has supported for 38 years had sunk so low.  He was also wondering how a once respected firm (many of whom he could see on the pitch) were reduced to terrorising a bunch of women and kids in a rural city centre, and smashing up some bloody advertising hoardings.  :'(

The day you see my face in the Telegraph (which you won't), it will not be for calling a Steward a naughty name, gobbing off from behind a wall of coppers, or attacking a harmless piece of advertising. It would be for something bloody worth while.

S     T       R        E         A        K      E        R
Posted by: kellidedo, October 22, 2010, 7:00am; Reply: 115
"Everyone knows police can't do their job properly, total waste of council tax."

Not all police man can't do their job properly.  There are still some good policeman who do their job properly.

-----------
Holly Haden hemorrhoid miracle
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 4:45am