Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrewsbury after Hurst?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 313 Guests

Shrewsbury after Hurst?

This thread currently has 4,593 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
June 7, 2023, 8:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Seemingly, lots of Shrewsbury fans want Paul back, after sacking Steve Cotterill!

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/06/06/five-managers-shrewsbury-town-could-target-opinion/

A non-starter I think/hope!
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
June 7, 2023, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Dunno why but just can’t see Paul wanting to leave us for them once again. He might even deem it dishonourable. Geography/family would be key in my opinion plus the regime we have in place here must be much more of an anchor. They’re at a higher level - sure, but I see us as a bigger, better supported club and he’s very much in the middle of his work here with about as much job security and backing that managers can expect. Just my view, but don’t see this as particularly likely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Theimperialcoroner
June 7, 2023, 8:12am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 102
Does Doig know though?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Rodley Mariner
June 7, 2023, 8:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Circumstances are very different to last time he went. We're very stable and he's well supported by owners I suspect he likes and trusts. Shrewsbury have just sacked Cotterill after finishing 12th. Not sure if there's more to it but seems very harsh when you look at who finished above them. Not sure where they expect a new manager to get them to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Rick12
June 7, 2023, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I think if the money is right anyone would go to pastures new. Having said that easier said than done as you have to prove yourself first be it as player or manager.

I see Cristiano Ronaldo is on 108.7 million a year at the new Saudi club he joined. Incredible amount of money but fair play to the lad. Has ability and maximised it through hard work and sacrifice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/65471162

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Abdul19
June 7, 2023, 8:48am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
I think the lure of the Saudi Riyal would be too much for Hurst to turn down.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Rick12
June 7, 2023, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
I think the lure of the Saudi Riyal would be too much for Hurst to turn down.
Its going to be interesting how Hurst's career pans out. In football as in life your going to get failures as success is not a upward trajectory.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
OddShapedBalls
June 7, 2023, 9:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.04
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
El General is under contract, they can pay us a massive wodge of cash to release him and then we can just ask Field Marshall Buckley to do another stint ..........feels a bit harsh to get rid of the manager after finishing 12th in league 1, there's plenty of clubs would dream of that sort of position!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Rick12
June 7, 2023, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
El General is under contract, they can pay us a massive wodge of cash to release him and then we can just ask Field Marshall Buckley to do another stint ..........feels a bit harsh to get rid of the manager after finishing 12th in league 1, there's plenty of clubs would dream of that sort of position!

A good insight into management if you haven't checked it out already and one I really enjoyed was Alex Fergusons autobiography managing my life.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manag.....Caps%2C74&sr=8-4

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
OddShapedBalls
June 7, 2023, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.04
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Rick12

A good insight into management if you haven't checked it out already and one I really enjoyed was Alex Fergusons autobiography managing my life.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manag.....Caps%2C74&sr=8-4

Not read that one, I'll check it out!  Another interesting insight into management - albeit from a different sport- is Warren Gatlands 'pride and passion'.  The bit where he's Ireland coach and begging for a £5k scrum machine the IRFU deem too expensive having just blown £150k on the board members living it large in Rome for a weekend felt very Fenty-esque!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrewsbury after Hurst?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.