2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
May 8, 2023, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
With the excitement of the National League play-offs yesterday, it completely passed me by that League One also reached its conclusion, with MK Dons and Morecambe joining already relegated Accrington and Forest Green going down.

We now have a fair amount of clarity as to what the League Two lineup will look like next season.

* Updated 24/05 *

Coming down from League One

MK Dons
Morecambe
Accrington
Forest Green

Remaining in League Two

Town
Salford
Bradford
Mansfield
Barrow
Swindon
Tranmere
Crewe
Sutton
Newport
Doncaster
Walsall
Gillingham
Harrogate
Colchester
Wimbledon
Crawley

Coming up from the National League

Wrexham
Notts County

Currently undecided from League Two

Stockport
Carlisle

It’s a somewhat northern looking division next year, with at least 15 clubs no further south than Milton Keynes - 16 if Northampton go up, as looks likely. We’ll know in a few hours’ time.

Shaping up for an exciting 23/24 season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
MarinerDevil
May 8, 2023, 2:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
The final league table then...

Northampton squeak through on the final day - pleased for them after last year's shenanigans.

Mansfield miss out on the play-offs by 1 goal to Salford. Then there's 13 points to 9th place Barrow and the midtable group, can we make up that gap over the summer to get amongst the better sides next season?

Overall a good season for us, but with much to work on.

Attachment: l2table_2649.jpg
Size: 121.53 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Poojah
May 24, 2023, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Nice little graphic illustrating the northern bias of next season’s League Two lineup. With one of Carlisle or Stockport to compete the list, 14 of Town’s 23 opponents next season will be north of Birmingham (with Milton Keynes also fairly easy to get to). Can’t wait!

https://twitter.com/The92Bible/status/1660665146560114688

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Heisenberg
May 24, 2023, 10:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Poojah
Nice little graphic illustrating the northern bias of next season’s League Two lineup. With one of Carlisle or Stockport to compete the list, 14 of Town’s 23 opponents next season will be north of Birmingham (with Milton Keynes also fairly easy to get to). Can’t wait!

https://twitter.com/The92Bible/status/1660665146560114688

That map also shows why BP gets such low away fan numbers, we’re out on a limb with only really Donny close, and you could hardly call that a Derby.

As for the table, it’s a great advert for NL - the two promoted teams finishing top half. It’ll probably happen next season too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 24, 2023, 11:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Heisenberg

That map also shows why BP gets such low away fan numbers, we’re out on a limb with only really Donny close, and you could hardly call that a Derby.

As for the table, it’s a great advert for NL - the two promoted teams finishing top half. It’ll probably happen next season too.

Geographically I’d say that Colchester are probably more isolated than we are. until you factor in that it’s around an hour from London and has over a hundred trains going that way every day.

That’s when you realise how out on a limb we really are

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
lew chaterleys lover
May 24, 2023, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,655
Gold Stars: 234
Anywhere can be isolated depending where you are starting from.

Most fans travel by car/coach and we take huge numbers wherever we are playing. I think the reason away support at BP isn't reciprocated is there are no really big clubs in league 2 apart from Bradford and most clubs don't have big away followings.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Mappers
May 24, 2023, 12:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,246
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Geographically I’d say that Colchester are probably more isolated than we are. until you factor in that it’s around an hour from London and has over a hundred trains going that way every day.

That’s when you realise how out on a limb we really are

Christ i'm not going there again - one of the worst away grounds for me and i'm normally positive . Something really bland about the place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Mariner_09
May 24, 2023, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Barrow's isolated. Once you get off the M6 it's all single carriageway roads. Hence they train in Manchester.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Mappers
May 24, 2023, 12:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,246
Gold Stars: 115
I feel like Doncaster will do well 2 good signings and a decent manager at this level .

Everyone will tip Bradford,Wrexham ,Notts and Salford Etc to be near the top .

But every league 2 season it vary rarely (if ever) happens that all the favourites do well - not just this season but for the past decade the top 3 has been made up of teams you would not expect to be there in the main .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
RonMariner
May 26, 2023, 9:03am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 224
Indeed. I don’t think anyone expected Orient to do what they did this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.