5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
February 7, 2023, 9:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
To the car. Tough day today; wife said she’d leave me if I left her on her own with the kids in Leeds tonight. Ah well, I suppose it’s Orsi’s for divorces.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 7, 2023, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Well, what can I say. Never saw that coming.

What we lacked in skill levels compared to Luton, we more than made up for in grit, determination and endeavour.

Without playing particularly great football, we scored 3 great goals, with the icing on the cake being the third by Amos. I was thinking, don't have a shot from there, get a right footer on it and throw it into the box to see if we can get a head on it. What do I know.

Second half, Luton really went for it and brought on their better players, and we looked like we had entered the finals of the world giving the ball away championships. They just kept coming at us like Rourke's Drift and we just kept fending them off, time after time. No real scares to speak of and we easily ran down the clock.

Every player did their bit and it would be churlish to single anyone out.

A great night and another big wedge of cash in the coffers,
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
hheh2
February 7, 2023, 10:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
That’s £120,000 in the freeman street bank

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 7, 2023, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from hheh2

If a full house at the new dell, it’ll be something like an extra £350k too and any tv money etc

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
grimps
February 7, 2023, 10:38pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,093
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

If a full house at the new dell, it’ll be something like an extra £350k too and any tv money etc

I can’t see it being a full house to be honest , they’re not doing very well and because it’s midweek and the distance we’ll do well to take 3000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Simon
February 7, 2023, 10:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from hheh2

With Wrexham losing we are now the lowest ranked team, think we qualify for a £250,000 bonus

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
MarinerDevil
February 7, 2023, 10:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Wow.

An incredible team performance. Everyone put in a real shift and can be really proud of what they've achieved tonight. But a special mention for Orsi who was magnificent leading the line, he's a proper baller. Looks kind of lightweight but uses what strength he has really well.

I was almost more impressed with our second half performance than the first. Everyone stuck to their tasks and kept a very compact shape, Luton were limited to mostly half chances. Let's hope Green's okay and back ready for our mammoth league run-in.

Can't really say anything else other than this: these kind of nights make all the disappointments over the years worth it. The 5-0 at Braintree, the lost play-off finals, all of it. They all make this even more special.

Up The flipping Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
LH
February 7, 2023, 10:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
One of the great nights at BP and one of the great Grimsby Town team performances. I’m still in disbelief that we went in 3-0 at half time but bloody hell did we deserve it. Someone charter a plane or a ferry or something. Up the bloody Mariners!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
SouthLakesMariner
February 7, 2023, 10:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Simon

With Wrexham losing we are now the lowest ranked team, think we qualify for a £250,000 bonus

Golly spelt this out on another thread. We secure the £250k L2 prize money, plus winners prize money for R4 plus TV money for R5. So tonight’s result was worth c£400k before gate receipts tonight & R5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
coddy60
February 7, 2023, 10:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from LH
One of the great nights at BP and one of the great Grimsby Town team performances. I’m still in disbelief that we went in 3-0 at half time but bloody hell did we deserve it. Someone charter a plane or a ferry or something. Up the bloody Mariners!

People are trying btw 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.