Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have we got any.......
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 155 Guests

Have we got any.......

This thread currently has 2,894 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
December 6, 2022, 3:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,125
Gold Stars: 47
Have we got any fit fullbacks for Saturday.

Anyone know how Efete is?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Mariner_09
December 6, 2022, 3:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Glennon was supposed to be out for 2 weeks, and it will be 3 weeks on Saturday since Hursty said that. Cropper is still weeks away. From the start of the season when I'd have said full backs are our strongest area of the pitch, we now look pretty stretched. Rather than playing Maher out of position again, I'd play a back three and play Harry at RWB, even though that's him out of position as well.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
chaos33
December 6, 2022, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,750
Gold Stars: 348
Thought Hurst mentioned that Glennon would be back in contention this weekend but not 100% sure without checking back on the interviews. Can’t remember what’s up with Danny A. Smith could play full back. So could Harry. Hunt or Morris can come into midfield in his place.
Update on Efete is due this Thursday.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Mariner_09
December 6, 2022, 4:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Thought Hurst mentioned that Glennon would be back in contention this weekend but not 100% sure without checking back on the interviews. Can’t remember what’s up with Danny A. Smith could play full back. So could Harry. Hunt or Morris can come into midfield in his place.

Amos was mysteriously missing from the teamsheet on Saturday, a typical bit of Hursty not being completely transparent.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
ex-merseymariner
December 6, 2022, 4:49pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,395
Gold Stars: 9

Amos hurt his back in the last game, and didn't train til thurs, he must have been the doubt mentioned in thursdays interview.

Hurst didn't want to tip of the opponents that both our left backs were missing.

Via a combination of twitter and radio humbs, sometimes even thisisgrimsby, all the info is out there if you look for it......

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
toontown
December 6, 2022, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,142
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chaos33

We don't want smith playing full back, hes good at CB but really not at RB.

Clifton for me but I think Hurst likes the opportunity to get the extra height in by having someone taller I think. He does sometimes select players based on height maybe its cos he's so short lol. I remember in his first spell he specifically said he chose a particular central midfielder over another for a game due to his height.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Hagrid
December 6, 2022, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Quoted from chaos33

Rather not have Smith at Full back, If we dont have a fit RB put harry there, and as you say, Hunt or Morris into the middle
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Abdul19
December 6, 2022, 6:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 213
Smith playing right back at Wrexham reminded me of Steven Watt playing there (but with nicer hair).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Mariner_09
December 6, 2022, 6:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Smith playing right back at Wrexham reminded me of Steven Watt playing there (but with nicer hair).

McFadzean (I think ?) tore him a new one.

Likewise, we were 1-0 up against Solihull at home until Michee went off injured, then Sbarra but at least one of the balls in for the goals with Smith at RB. It was at that point Hursty signed Cropper as he must’ve thought “we can’t be doing with this, losing a top centre half for this level and having him look like Bambi on Ice at RB”.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
diehardmariner
December 8, 2022, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,982
Gold Stars: 517
If both Efete and Cropper were to be unavailable, it's only Clifton for me in that role.  Debut aside, Smith looked awful when playing in that position. To the point a lot of people thought he was a poor player until he got his second chance in his preferred position.

Maher did ok but he's definitely not a fullback.  On the other side, again if Glennon and Amos aren't available it's limited options.  Khouri gets stuck in but he's not a natural fullback and whilst I rate him highly, I thought his distribution from there was poor.

If we go 3 at the back, presuming all four full-backs are unavailable, that still leaves only Clifton and Khouri to cover the wingback roles and also means that if any of the back 3 or wingbacks get injured we've literally no-one to cover them.

Didn't a couple of Orient fans say Khan played a fair few games for them at right-back?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Have we got any.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.