This thread currently has 3,331 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Simon
September 28, 2022, 7:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
We might be struggling for goals at the minute especially at home but these three lads will be different gravy with a goal or two each under their belts. Confidence is everything in front of goal and at the minute the lack of goals must be playing on their minds especially in front of a packed Pontoon stand

If Simmonds had the arrogance of Mcatee he could be something special, he has a great touch on him and is really comfortable on the ball just needs to find that extra bit of composure as he pulls the trigger

I feel goals incoming UTM

By the way is Pepple still here? Not listed on the first team squad on the GTFC website

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
male private Nale
September 28, 2022, 7:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -784
Gold Stars: 131
Ok who sold Simon the super strength rose tinted glasses ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
bawarmy
September 28, 2022, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
When I saw the title of the post I was expecting it to say they need to be sent back.
I hope you are right Simon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Northbank Mariner
September 28, 2022, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Having watched all 3 play now, the only 1 think has goals on him is Richardson.
Simmonds doesn't inspire me with confidence, neither does Pepple tbh.
On another note about Pepple though, he's a strong lad with a good touch, probably the only other person in the building that could play the Taylor role. He plays with his back to goal, can hold the ball up but also spin on a defender.
Richardson has pace, guile and he's fearless, only issue is he holds on to the ball a bit too long for my liking.
So, will the goals flow from these 3, the jury's out and imo, I'm not sure they will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
September 28, 2022, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Simon
We might be struggling for goals at the minute especially at home but these three lads will be different gravy with a goal or two each under their belts. Confidence is everything in front of goal and at the minute the lack of goals must be playing on their minds especially in front of a packed Pontoon stand

If Simmonds had the arrogance of Mcatee he could be something special, he has a great touch on him and is really comfortable on the ball just needs to find that extra bit of composure as he pulls the trigger

I feel goals incoming UTM

By the way is Pepple still here? Not listed on the first team squad on the GTFC website

You surprise me about Simmonds. That sounds more like Richardson to me.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Kris2
September 28, 2022, 9:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
Guess we'll see what they do while with us. Though Simmonds looked ace on his debut but hasn't really established himself since then. Richardson looks as if there is a good player in there but he's still young and making a lot of rookie mistakes. I'm hoping the experience of first team football will do a lot for Richardson and Pepple with the latter also having to adjust to the level of football on offer. See flashes of what they can do but their play is a bit naive as they say.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
MuddyWaters
September 28, 2022, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
There’s something about Richardson but I’m afraid the other two don’t inspire me. We may have inherited Pepple as part of the McAtee deal whilst Simmonds was such a late signing, it wouldn’t appear that he was on our radar as a first choice option.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
aldi_01
September 28, 2022, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 473
Pepple is decent and I think he could improve, Richardson the same, Simmonds, I’m not sure, I’m cautious to say he’s shite but he’d have been better sat with me last night. He doesn’t strike me as a Hurst type player.

That said, we were lacking massively in the middle of the park last night…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Mariner_501
September 28, 2022, 9:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
None of them look up to standard tbh.
Pepple looks the most dangerous but can’t finish.
Richardson is a good footballer but doesn’t impact the game.
Simmonds just *shrugs*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
ginnywings
September 28, 2022, 9:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Sounds like a firm of solicitors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Richardson, Simmonds & Pepple

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.