September 27, 2022, 10:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
To bed.

Watched on iFollow tonight.

We didn’t play that badly caught out a couple of times and we looked much better after the changes when we tried to play some football instead of hoofing it upto to the isolated Taylor.

I’ll let you lot talk about more of the game because I see it much better when there but I feel going forward with this poor run at home we need something different. Without Mcatee from what I’ve seen from tonight and going forward we need to be playing football like we did after the changes going forward .

Khan JMD Clifton/Richardson

Orsi

And cropper in there for Efete because his head seems to have gone hopefully his goal in 2nd half has helped but before that he just looks a beaten man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 27, 2022, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Seen idiots blaming Taylor. The man gets no support, we hoof the ball at him and expect miracles. Simmonds was nowhere near him and ran around like a lost dog and we looked better with 2 closer together up top.

Hunts delivery was diabolical every single time, we gave an average side 3 points through errors and didnt do enough attacking wise to get back into the game. I feel for Michee, he is not a bad player, but he is shot to pieces confidence wise and needs to come out the  side. Dissapointed in many comments at him from social media cowards

JMD played well and tried to make things happen, crowd excrement again up to the goal. Home form is frustrating, i dont know our best 11. Dont think PH does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 74
Wiley2405
September 27, 2022, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
I’d love to see JMD just behind the striker. When he drifts into that area he can play some killer balls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 74
HerveJosse
September 27, 2022, 10:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
Making the changes wide was god but Simmonds in as well rather then Richardson or Orsi meant Taylor was even more isolated then normal. As said above Simmonds looked lost. I think with JMD and khan and their ability to play the ball in behind or over the top then Taylor’s not needed and it has to be Orsi or a.n other not yet in the building who can play on the shoulder and get in behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 74
MuddyWaters
September 27, 2022, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
We set up to play through Taylor and then get no runners anywhere near him. Obviously we’re missing McAtee who plays so well with him but in his absence, we’ve surely got to find a different game plan.
We played some lovely football but mostly outside the final third. What concerns me is the lack of goal threat. Richardson came on and did well but you can’t see where the goals are going to come from. Hunt played well but set piece delivery was shocking and pretty much the same can be said for JMD.
Defensively, we gave two shockers away. Not sure Efete is at this level, not sure Cropper is either. We need to find a way to win at home because some of the natives are getting restless.

MoM Khan, closely followed by Harry.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 74
moosey_club
September 27, 2022, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Negatives.......we lost and more frustratingly we lost to a pretty average side, Dennis scored..Simmonds looked completely out of his depth..naivity of our players at times giving cheap free kicks with needless challenges.

Positives ........looked much more purposeful and dangerous with Khan and JMD...if Orsi or Richardson had started then I think a completely different outcome..whilst JMD Khan were fresh and sharp we needed the extra movement for them to feed.
Squad depth starting to improve now as well.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 74
Quagmire
September 27, 2022, 10:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
MOM Khan

Maher didn’t have a bad game but I’d have Smith back in on Saturday

Richardson and Orsi need to start at Salford

Effete miles away from what we need, but don’t think Cropper is the answer either (when fit)

Think we’re missing Morris in the middle of the park

Really don’t know what our best 11 / formation is - not sure Hurst does either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 74
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 27, 2022, 10:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Hagrid
Seen idiots blaming Taylor. The man gets no support, we hoof the ball at him and expect miracles. Simmonds was nowhere near him and ran around like a lost dog and we looked better with 2 closer together up top.

Hunts delivery was diabolical every single time, we gave an average side 3 points through errors and didnt do enough attacking wise to get back into the game. I feel for Michee, he is not a bad player, but he is shot to pieces confidence wise and needs to come out the  side. Dissapointed in many comments at him from social media cowards

JMD played well and tried to make things happen, crowd excrement again up to the goal. Home form is frustrating, i dont know our best 11. Dont think PH does

I just didnt feel taylor fit in with the changes weve made tonight, and I was singing his praises when he was under fire from some fans the other day. I felt like hunt was linking up well with khan and JMD and we were more dynamic but needed more mobility and 1-2s to bring that together. My suggestions would be give Orsi a go up top and in behind either kiernan or even push clifton up more if we can have morris or green back in the centre. As always hurst and staff know a million times more than me and im sure theyll have some ideas. Personally for me hunt really stood out tonight and id build a team around that role he was in, really seemed to be directing the play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 74
DB
September 27, 2022, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Where do you start with this match, In the first half we were poor as a team. In the second half we continued in the same vein. It wasn't till Orsi and Richardson came on that we had some fight, for a short while. Then we huffed and puffed but had little impact.

You couldn't blame Crocrombe for the goals and Efete redeemed himself for his first-half howler, that said his defensive play way poor all night. Maher, Waterfall and Amos looked solid enough but the midfield was asleep until the subs came on. Hunts deliveries were not up to standard and poor compared to what we were used to from him when he came on loan last year.

JMD play well in patches and again failed to put in good crosses all the time consistently. Khan was the sole live wire in the 1st half and Harry had a night off, again. He put in a shift for effort but like many tonight couldn't pass the ball; a basic requirement.

Taylor had his normal game with no support, there's no point in playing him without 1/2 others to feed off
him. The opposition knows the long ball is going to Taylor, because that's all we have done.

Time for a change of tack up front and give Taylor a rest, not that he's playing bad.

All in all, we're not that bad but predictable and makers of our own destiny. So it's on to Salford AWAY; now we might get a positive result there to maintain our away form.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 74
1mickylyons
September 27, 2022, 10:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Efete really out of sorts and too be honest he's been poor all Season at home,not sure why?At least his goal cancelled his mistake and hopefully he can get back to his best.
We give the opposition far to much time on the ball at the back with little or no press and create very little going forward. At least when Town try and get the ball down and play they look much better.We have needed a quality centre forward for a long time now and these 3 youngsters we have on loan are not the answer.Quality players cost money home gates over 6k suggest we should be able to afford one.Carlisle wete bang average but far better than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 74
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.