3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
August 17, 2022, 11:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +977
Gold Stars: 30
Has anyone else had problems with the new Town shirt ....my lad worn his 2 or 3 times only .....claims he always put it on carefully due to tight neck ......but the black stripe at the V of the neck has now split to show a small white line .....is this just a 1 off ?

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
MidnightMariner
August 18, 2022, 9:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +569
Gold Stars: 22
The quality of this new shirt/s is terrible.
I have bought my teenage Daughter home and away and on  close inspection of both I honestly can't see them lasting more than half dozen wears without some sort of failure in material.
Not as high quality as previous shirts
That's my opinion for what it's worth !
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
pen penfras
August 18, 2022, 9:20am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -159
Gold Stars: 71
I don't own any of them, but they look like that cheap material that always falls apart in no time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
aldi_01
August 18, 2022, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting isn’t it, design wise I’d say this years are some of thee Nate Eve had, although the blue is a bit excrement. Quality wise they’re questionable. My friends over in Verona aren’t fans of the Macron kits and their quality either.

The much maligned Nike kits however, have stood the test of time. I wore mine twice a week at uni and washed them in a bag wash washing machine and they’re still fine, I also ended uo with a long sleeved one. My errea and macron ones on the other hand, not so great and my errea ones shrunk…and that was with being washed by an experienced mum.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
OddShapedBalls
August 18, 2022, 10:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,173
Gold Stars: 39
Macron make crap rugby shirts also, my 2008 Scarlets home shirt made by kooga has been worn and washed hundreds of times and is still bright scarlet with no signs of wear.  The Macron shirts of the last few years are all faded, bobbled and falling apart.

It's annoying because I want the new Town home shirt but I know I'll regret buying it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
headingly_mariner
August 18, 2022, 11:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,264
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Brazilnut
Has anyone else had problems with the new Town shirt ....my lad worn his 2 or 3 times only .....claims he always put it on carefully due to tight neck ......but the black stripe at the V of the neck has now split to show a small white line .....is this just a 1 off ?

The worst quality kit we've had in years. It's not a one off there are loads of problems with the kids kits. Majority of the problems are exactly the same as the one you have. Take it back, it's a serious quality issue.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
GollyGTFC
August 18, 2022, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,915
Gold Stars: 343
Anyone else heard that the Macron deal won’t be extended beyond the end of the contract (June 2024)? Expect a British kit manufacturer will be used after that.

Re: this seasons shirts. I’ve got the away shirt.

I absolutely detest the home shirt. It’s too busy. Different parts of the shirt don’t match. It’s like a cut and shut design where they’ve combined designs from different shirts.

I thought the 3rd shirt was okay until I saw it in person at Rochdale. The meshing design is at different heights on the front and back which makes the shirt look daft. Such a shame a nice enough design by the children hasn’t been done justice.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 20
aldi_01
August 18, 2022, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Anyone else heard that the Macron deal won’t be extended beyond the end of the contract (June 2024)? Expect a British kit manufacturer will be used after that.

Re: this seasons shirts. I’ve got the away shirt.

I absolutely detest the home shirt. It’s too busy. Different parts of the shirt don’t match. It’s like a cut and shut design where they’ve combined designs from different shirts.

I thought the 3rd shirt was okay until I saw it in person at Rochdale. The meshing design is at different heights on the front and back which makes the shirt look daft. Such a shame a nice enough design by the children hasn’t been done justice.

I don’t mind the home shirt and the pink shirt is decent. The blue was is shite and looks worse in the flesh but it’s all about opinions I guess.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them ditch macron, I suspect there’ll be more thought put in to things like this as contracts come to an end. Can’t imagine the previous regime were arsed and judging by some of the designs it’s pretty clear.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
LH
August 18, 2022, 1:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
This season’s home shirt is the most uncomfortable Town shirt I’ve ever worn. The collar stitching ripped when I first put it on (admittedly I have a very large head) and it’s very tight on the front of my shoulders (I have the shoulders of an earthworm). I got the green training top in the same size and it’s a much better fit.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Astcooper89
August 18, 2022, 2:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +55
Had the same issue. Had to return mine last week after 1 time trying it on (fits perfectly) but the ‘dog collar’ neck is too tightly stitched with no stretch = split white line down the middle black stripe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New shirts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.