This thread currently has 6,858 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 16, 2022, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

Don't know about you but I still take an interest knowing how tough the league is.

Very early days but Wrexham mid table after 3 games.

Scunny 18th, no surprise there.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
August 16, 2022, 10:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,294
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from promotion plaice

Don't know about you but I still take an interest knowing how tough the league is.

Very early days but Wrexham mid table after 3 games.

Scunny 18th, no surprise there.

Listen to Kieth hill and I think how tough it’s going to be as started to dawn on him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
Poojah
August 16, 2022, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +75 / -11
Approval: +29,118
Gold Stars: 1,488
Next up for Scunny is Solihull, Bromley, Halifax and Boreham Wood. Even accounting for the fact that Halifax don’t appear to be the outfit they were last season (no Green and Maher for a start, obviously), it’s hard to predict them sitting outside the relegation zone by the time those games have concluded.

That’s going to be a very tough nose dive to pull out of should it transpire.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
wigworld
August 16, 2022, 11:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 29
And Halifax bottom. I guess a lot of their players were cherry-picked, not least by us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 17, 2022, 12:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,501
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from wigworld
And Halifax bottom. I guess a lot of their players were cherry-picked, not least by us.

And look where Barrow are sitting...

Parkinson will be sacked soon. Could we expect a request from Wrexham about PH ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
Poojah
August 17, 2022, 12:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +75 / -11
Approval: +29,118
Gold Stars: 1,488
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

And look where Barrow are sitting...

Parkinson will be sacked soon. Could we expect a request from Wrexham about PH ?

There are only a couple of potential jobs vaguely within the boundaries of possibility that would make me nervous were they to become available. Both are based in South Yorkshire.

I think it’s fair to say that both Town and Hurst are onto a good thing with one another, and Hurst probably has one of the most secure jobs in the 92, barring the Pep’s and Klopp’s of this world.

I don’t think Wrexham would have the beans necessary to prise him away. If anything, their summer business (or lack thereof) suggests a tightening of the purse strings since their January splurge failed to deliver their objective.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 17, 2022, 1:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,501
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Poojah

There are only a couple of potential jobs vaguely within the boundaries of possibility that would make me nervous were they to become available. Both are based in South Yorkshire.

I think it’s fair to say that both Town and Hurst are onto a good thing with one another, and Hurst probably has one of the most secure jobs in the 92, barring the Pep’s and Klopp’s of this world.

I don’t think Wrexham would have the beans necessary to prise him away. If anything, their summer business (or lack thereof) suggests a tightening of the purse strings since their January splurge failed to deliver their objective.

Rotherham YoYo might stay up this season. Blades and Wednesday wouldn't go for him after his Ipswich disaster surely? They'd get too much flack from their fans.

After their fans response to our SF win and the Trust fund raise I'd quite like Wrexham to go up. Notts failings amuse me living locally to them and have a dislike of Chesterfield going back to the rivalry in the 79/80 Div 3 Championship winning season. Parkinson seems hopeless though, if plan A isn't working it's because it's not plan A enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
aldi_01
August 17, 2022, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 473
I’ve always said Wrexham wouldn’t go up with Parkinson in charge.

I can see him getting the sack (he should’ve gone after defeat to us) and then trying to get Challinor, Stockport have had an indifferent start and he does have a knack of getting teams promoted.

All that said, Wrexham didn’t start well last year either so who knows.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
Heisenberg
August 17, 2022, 7:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,759
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
I’ve always said Wrexham wouldn’t go up with Parkinson in charge.

I can see him getting the sack (he should’ve gone after defeat to us) and then trying to get Challinor, Stockport have had an indifferent start and he does have a knack of getting teams promoted.

All that said, Wrexham didn’t start well last year either so who knows.

Yeah, I think they’ll gain some momentum at some point soon and fly up the table.

I’ll also predict that Scunthorpe will NOT go on a particularly impressive run, and they’ll finish bottom half. A relegation scrap would be a beautiful thing where they’re concerned, but alas I’m sure they’ll survive. Just.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
GtfcGarner
August 17, 2022, 8:00am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Scunny was waxing lyrical about Butterfield and Whitehouse after the first game of the season how they was the best midfield pairing since Xavi and Iniesta. Taft and Boyce now as useful as a chocolate fireguard.. They might have the luxury of playing Boston next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League table tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.