Private Message
OddShapedBalls
August 10, 2022, 2:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
As my brother texted me after the game - Who Alexandra?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
TonySmith
August 10, 2022, 5:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
I know we'd have taken more over there if the tie had been at Crewe, but it's still good to acknowledge the supporters who trailed across the country on a Tuesday night for a first round cup game. As a matter of interest, how many do people think would have gone over to Crewe for this game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
AussieMariner
August 10, 2022, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
He seems to think it was all down to set pieces
The fact we completely dominated and outplayed them apparently doesn’t count for anything
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
pen penfras
August 10, 2022, 5:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from AussieMariner
The fact we completely dominated and outplayed them apparently doesn’t count for anything

He said they were poor all over, but the goals all came from set pieces and that's what they've been trying to focus on. Seems fair enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
crusty ole pie
August 10, 2022, 5:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
2nd and forth goal set pieces ? We really planned on their keeper punching to our midfielder and we planned to wait until they duffed a corner and four touches later in the other net some set piece  I would call them opportunist goals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
immariner
August 10, 2022, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from TonySmith
I know we'd have taken more over there if the tie had been at Crewe, but it's still good to acknowledge the supporters who trailed across the country on a Tuesday night for a first round cup game. As a matter of interest, how many do people think would have gone over to Crewe for this game?

Absolutely. I'd say 250-300. Obviously more exiles in the north west than Crewe will have east of Sheffield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
MrsMariner
August 11, 2022, 11:14am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from AussieMariner

He's not far wrong especially as the 4th was from their set piece
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
jamesgtfc
August 11, 2022, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Going through the goals, watch the work Green does to keep the two defenders away from Waterfall for the first.

The second came from a set piece, keeper punched the free kick straight to Green.

I thought Smith's goal was terrible from their point. It was a brilliant ball in from Glennon at the free kick but their keeper was far too hesitant, he started to come and then started back pedaling.

The fourth was a brilliant counter attack from their corner.

I think all 4 were set piece goals, it doesn't matter that the fourth came from their set piece, they've still not defended it well enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Posh Harry
August 11, 2022, 1:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,342
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Going through the goals, watch the work Green does to keep the two defenders away from Waterfall for the first.

The second came from a set piece, keeper punched the free kick straight to Green.

I thought Smith's goal was terrible from their point. It was a brilliant ball in from Glennon at the free kick but their keeper was far too hesitant, he started to come and then started back pedaling.

The fourth was a brilliant counter attack from their corner.

I think all 4 were set piece goals, it doesn't matter that the fourth came from their set piece, they've still not defended it well enough.

The 4th is not a set piece goal imo. It’s a counter attack goal.

In theory, if that is a set piece goal then every goal is a set piece goal as it must have started from a set piece (unless the score straight from the kick off)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crewes manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.