3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
August 8, 2022, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Something of a free hit given it’s the League Cup and an opportunity for some of the lads who’ve been on the bench in the first two games to start but we probably want to give some players an opportunity to get more game time.

Crocombe
Efete      Pearson     Smith      Amos
                   Green        Morris
JMD                   Wearne        Clifton
                           Pepple

Green and Efete have looked ok but need more minutes I think to get themselves properly up to full tilt, Morris or Holohan is no biggie, just need someone else there. Wearne looked quality and will benefit from a run out. Pepple as a loan striker is a risk but as he won’t want to risk Taylor, I see no alternative.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
DB
August 9, 2022, 5:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mariner_09
Something of a free hit given it’s the League Cup and an opportunity for some of the lads who’ve been on the bench in the first two games to start but we probably want to give some players an opportunity to get more game time.

Crocombe
Efete      Pearson     Smith      Amos
                   Green        Morris
JMD                   Wearne        Clifton
                           Pepple

Green and Efete have looked ok but need more minutes I think to get themselves properly up to full tilt, Morris or Holohan is no biggie, just need someone else there. Wearne looked quality and will benefit from a run out. Pepple as a loan striker is a risk but as he won’t want to risk Taylor, I see no alternative.

I thought Battersby would be in goal to give him some experience.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
thevera
August 9, 2022, 7:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Isn’t it about time we got our footballing fortune and get a televised game against a prem side? It only takes one win, two wins and the top 7 premier league sides join us. Play the strongest side and keep it settled. Mess about in that other cup if necessary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Limerick Mariner
August 9, 2022, 7:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from thevera
Isn’t it about time we got our footballing fortune and get a televised game against a prem side? It only takes one win, two wins and the top 7 premier league sides join us. Play the strongest side and keep it settled. Mess about in that other cup if necessary[b][/b]

Play the youth in that and see what happens. The League Cup has provided us with some of greatest nights in my life time over the years - biggest giant killings home and away, biggest home crowd since the 50s, yep play strongest team. And we'd never have had a mention on the John Peel show without it...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
lukeo
August 9, 2022, 7:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Play the strongest team for me in both this and the FA cup. The other cup I shall not name I personally would rotate the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
thevera
August 9, 2022, 7:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Play the youth in that and see what happens. The League Cup has provided us with some of greatest nights in my life time over the years - biggest giant killings home and away, biggest home crowd since the 50s, yep play strongest team. And we'd never have had a mention on the John Peel show without it...

When we beat Liverpool?
Was he complimentary towards us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Mariner93er
August 9, 2022, 8:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
A cup run would be great and I see no reason why we can't go through with a rotated team, which is testament to the strength of our squad. Cropper, Pearson, Amos, maguire-drew, Wearne are all more than capable of coming in, and maybe even Khouri too. Wouldn't be surprised if People starts too with Taylor not having trained much, back-to-back games in the space of a few days may be a bit much.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Limerick Mariner
August 9, 2022, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from thevera

When we beat Liverpool?
Was he complimentary towards us?

Yep, and I can't actually remember too much - I was on cloud 9 of course, leaving Liverpool in the car with 2 Liverpool fans. I'm sure he congratulated us but I think it more along the lines I can't believe we've really just lost at home to Grimsby. We have that affect don't we - that's why we hold the record for the most managers sacked after being beaten by us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
gtfc98
August 9, 2022, 8:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Mariner93er
A cup run would be great and I see no reason why we can't go through with a rotated team, which is testament to the strength of our squad. Cropper, Pearson, Amos, maguire-drew, Wearne are all more than capable of coming in, and maybe even Khouri too. Wouldn't be surprised if People starts too with Taylor not having trained much, back-to-back games in the space of a few days may be a bit much.

All the people?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
promotion plaice
August 9, 2022, 8:35am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

You're not allowed (Papa John's Trophy)

"EFL clubs must have at least four 'qualifying' outfield players in their line-ups, with such a player meeting these requirements:

Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture
Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who have made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions that season
Any player with 40 or more first-team appearances in their career
Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL 'Category One' academy club
A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Crewe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.