8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
August 7, 2022, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Great to see the club hit another 7k gate, poor show from Northampton for an opening day though at around 400.

Still can't wrap my head around the numbers though. So the home attendance was about 6700, but the site was showing almost every seat as sold.  With Northampton having about 500 free seats and 300 lost to segregation, that should mean there were 7800 home seats available yesterday (if the 9k capacity  is true). Almost every ticket gone but we well short of that.

Does that mean 1000 no-shows? Seems a bit high that's almost one in every six season ticket holders not turning up.

How did it look did it look like we had about 1000 empty seats dotted around the ground?
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
August 7, 2022, 6:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Great to see the club hit another 7k gate, poor show from Northampton for an opening day though at around 400.

Still can't wrap my head around the numbers though. So the home attendance was about 6700, but the site was showing almost every seat as sold.  With Northampton having about 500 free seats and 300 lost to segregation, that should mean there were 7800 home seats available yesterday (if the 9k capacity  is true). Almost every ticket gone but we well short of that.

Does that mean 1000 no-shows? Seems a bit high that's almost one in every six season ticket holders not turning up.

How did it look did it look like we had about 1000 empty seats dotted around the ground?

On the Northampton forum a lot of fans saying there was only one turnstile open and they were waved through the "big gate"

Are these counted?

If all our seats are sold why can't they be included in the attendance figure?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
pen penfras
August 7, 2022, 7:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Looked a lot of empty seats in the main stand. Could see a few in the ponny. Sounds like some small blocks in the osmond and upper were empty. Probably about right.

Apparently no shows are typically around 10% and more like 15-20% at the Holiday period. Probably explains it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
WetFlannel
August 7, 2022, 7:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7

On the Northampton forum a lot of fans saying there was only one turnstile open and they were waved through the "big gate"

Are these counted?

If all our seats are sold why can't they be included in the attendance figure?

I saw that on their forum but I dunno, because when I first saw their crowd I thought it looked about 200 fans. So was definitely surprised it was even as much as 495 tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
gobby
August 7, 2022, 7:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from pen penfras
Looked a lot of empty seats in the main stand. Could see a few in the ponny. Sounds like some small blocks in the osmond and upper were empty. Probably about right.

Apparently no shows are typically around 10% and more like 15-20% at the Holiday period. Probably explains it

A few in the pontoon is because a few of them decide it is better to stand at the back and leave the seats empty!

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
ginnywings
August 7, 2022, 8:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
It's simple really. Seats sold doesn't equate to on the day attendance. There was half a dozen empty reserved seats within 10 feet of me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
Southwark Mariner
August 7, 2022, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Highest first home game of the season attendance in at least 20 years!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,121
Gold Stars: 134
Having wittered on about the subject for a year now whether the subject is the real ground capacity or whether we need more I still find the clubs attitude to the need for more capacity odd ranging from not apparently knowing what our capacity is to assuming we don’t have 2000 people in the area without season tickets who are likely to want to attend if there is even a sniff of further progress at the club
Cutting through it all the key tale aways for me are summarised as follows.
1 Where there any tickets available to bu for her me fans on the day . Answer no.
2 what was the attendatnce yesterday answer 7100 implying home attendance of 6700.
3 Is it a good thing that potential or returning fans without season tickets face buying seats with poor views or access . Answer no.
4  Are crowds in football up generally and is 7000 good enough for League 2 then League 1 . Answer no
5 Conclusion Is capacity adequate now Answer no.
Only when this becomes the clubs acknowledged postion and there is action to do something about it can we continue to move forward in a significant way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
HerveJosse
August 7, 2022, 8:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,121
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from ginnywings
It's simple really. Seats sold doesn't equate to on the day attendance. There was half a dozen empty reserved seats within 10 feet of me.

So why does Tottenham capacity 62 k have a crowd of 61.5 yesterday do people in London not go on holiday and
why do other clubs crowds consistently match there ground capacity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

So why does Tottenham capacity 62 k have a crowd of 61.5 yesterday do people in London not go on holiday and
why do other clubs crowds consistently match there ground capacity

You’ve heard of Stubhub, buy back and the fact they’re a flipping huge club with hundreds of thousands of fans and not a tin pot lower league club?

Interesting that you seem to want everything on a plate? Do you ever do anything yourself? I know two non STH who managed to get tickets on the day, it was simple really, they asked…

If you think there’s 2000 or more that don’t have STH that may want pay on the day type tickets you’re flipping deluded. I’d argue, right now we’re peak attendance until we go up again I’d say. Of all the people I know who used to pay on the day, only 2 don’t have STs now…

I’m beginning to think that any post/thread related to attendance or capacity be best deleted or locked Becauee the same excrement just gets regurgitated.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.