Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 237 Guests

Food?

This thread currently has 5,523 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
August 6, 2022, 11:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,762
Gold Stars: 89
I’ve got to ask about this. As a usual late arriver (this WILL change), I’ve missed out on the whole fan zone thing so far since the new owners came in, but seriously, where’s all that quality food shown on social media last season gone? I see we’re back to having the drivel again (£4 Pukka pies reheated to nuclear levels, inedible for half an hour, and even then with pastry like rubber).

What’s happened there? It’s shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Youngy
August 7, 2022, 12:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Was you in the Upper Findus? It seems Social Box is not in the kiosk there anymore and they've gone back to more 'traditional' football food.

The rest of the stadium had street food stalls though. The Scotch Egg in the fan zone was it's usual high standard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Heisenberg
August 7, 2022, 12:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,762
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Youngy
Was you in the Upper Findus? It seems Social Box is not in the kiosk there anymore and they've gone back to more 'traditional' football food.

The rest of the stadium had street food stalls though. The Scotch Egg in the fan zone was it's usual high standard

Yep, Upper Findus indeed…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,502
Gold Stars: 131
The Project Pie from Harrington Corner was nothing less than superb - chicken lemon thyme and craft beer, with mushy peas - looking forward to the next variant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Chrisblor
August 7, 2022, 1:00am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,632
Gold Stars: 225
I do find it really annoying how excrement the situation is in the upper now it's sold out every week. We seem to get the short straw on catering because the tiny kiosk doesn't have the room or facilities for any decent caterers to inhabit it, the bar is always rammed full, and the concourse area and stairs are cramped and busy making it hard, if not impossible, to try and get food and drink unless you arrive well before kick off. The whole interior of the stand needs looking at cos the fan experience compared to the rest of the ground is very poor. Very annoying to see the chairman going on about how great the locally sourced pies are in the main stand  when they're only serving overpriced pukka pies to supporters in the upper.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Limerick Mariner
August 7, 2022, 1:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,502
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Chrisblor
I do find it really annoying how excrement the situation is in the upper now it's sold out every week. We seem to get the short straw on catering because the tiny kiosk doesn't have the room or facilities for any decent caterers to inhabit it, the bar is always rammed full, and the concourse area and stairs are cramped and busy making it hard, if not impossible, to try and get food and drink unless you arrive well before kick off. The whole interior of the stand needs looking at cos the fan experience compared to the rest of the ground is very poor. Very annoying to see the chairman going on about how great the locally sourced pies are in the main stand  when they're only serving overpriced pukka pies to supporters in the upper.

Short of demolishing the stand I’m not sure 1878 can do much about it - the stand is poorly designed and that’s one thing we can’t blame JF for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
grimps
August 7, 2022, 7:39am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,992
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Short of demolishing the stand I’m not sure 1878 can do much about it - the stand is poorly designed and that’s one thing we can’t blame JF for.

There’s plenty of space on the corner next to the Osmand for more food stalls  and toilets.
If they’re not going to use it for seats in the future .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
crusty ole pie
August 7, 2022, 8:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,294
Gold Stars: 62
I said previously move the club shop and ticket office to those empty units a
On the corner of imperial Ave creating loads of space for bar better toilets etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
Phil the cod
August 7, 2022, 8:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -312
Gold Stars: 60
The tea is like gnats urine.
Better off bring a pocket flask in, and get fish and chips before the game.
The queues in the lower bar are horrendous, people walk in see 2 people behind the bar and walk back out, potential revenue walking right out the door because the club can't staff it properly, it's not as though they don't know they got 3,000 new season ticket holders.
The club is going in the right direction,but some things remain frustratingly tinpot.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2022, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
I’m sure there is something that could be done with the Upper, there are 3 exit points to ground level and at half we only open up 1 of them, I’ve always wondered why TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Food?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.