12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
WelwynGardener
August 6, 2022, 10:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
Re the atmosphere. The noise didn't take off until the second half and was sparked by some poor refereeing, which riled everyone- particularly the blatant deflection by the defender resulting in a goal kick rather than a corner. That one was directly in my line of sight. The positive feedback between crowd and players then commenced, so perhaps the ref did us a favour in the end? On other issues, Greene was clearly exhausted before he was substituted and I felt for the lad. i'm sure he'll get better as he gets fitter. Holohan was MoM for me. He was also 'everywhere' last week even with his head bandaged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 118
Abdul19
August 6, 2022, 10:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from psgmariner
- the collection of shite in the closer corner stand included some stocks.  

Possibly the ones Holloway claimed he'd purchased.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 118
Youngy
August 7, 2022, 12:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
I thought Green was decent first half, shadowed the defence and kept things simple but the more the game went on, the more his touch became 'tired'. Reminded me of Holahan last season (today was his best performance for the club imo).

Glennon is going to be a real outlet for us this season. Efete needs to stop cutting inside when he's coming forward and hug the touchline more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 118
Southwark Mariner
August 7, 2022, 12:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from psgmariner
Sat in the osmond corner and enjoyed the game but some constructive feedback:

- it took me nearly 30 mins to leave after the game (not sure if another exit is available but the bottle neck to get back in to the main stand seemed to be the issue).
- being close to the away fans was pretty good (especially when we scored!) but the couple of stewards protecting the gate may have been in trouble if it had been a more ferocious away support / more heated game.
- someone I was sat with asked what constitutes being kicked out. Some fans from both teams seemed more interested in doing the bouncing on their feet with the arms out hold me back LADZ dance than watching the game. Looking at you fat NTFC fan and the ‘excrement Jimmy savile’ GTFC fan. I understand stewarding is a tricky balancing act but if in a bar / in public / anywhere else both would be thrown out.
- one steward / employee told me I needed to enter via the away fans entrance and another told me to use the main stand entrance. For future reference if you are a home fan in the osmond enter via the main stand entrances.
- the collection of shite in the closer corner stand included some stocks.  Keen to see these used.
- the pontoon and findus sound silent from the osmond.

Club can only improve if you give them the feedback directly. Also....

- the collection of shite in the closer corner stand included some stocks.  Keen to see these used.

What on earth does that mean?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 118
psgmariner
August 7, 2022, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Club can only improve if you give them the feedback directly. Also....

What on earth does that mean?

I meant ‘closed’ not ‘closer’.

Between the Osmond and the Main Stand is a closed off bit of terracing. It seems to be being used a store room. One of the things I noticed in there whilst waiting to leave after the game was some stocks (the medieval punishment thing where you stick your arms and head in and people throw stuff at you).

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 118
sam gy
August 7, 2022, 7:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Agree with a lot of that re the osmond. And the knock on effect for the main too. Took an absolute age to get out at the end and I felt bad for the wheelchair users and older people stuck in the bottle neck. Queues for the loo at half time were stretching all the way to pitch side and I didn’t even bother trying to get a drink at half time. We also had the same issue before kick off….quite a few were going to the wrong gate!

Not sure what the solutions are….could they have let us walk out the front of the osmond once the away fans were cleared out? They were home pretty swiftly. Just observations anyway..good problems to have with such good turnouts!

The osmond corner is great for creating an atmosphere….agreed with whoever said the pontoon is inaudible from the other side of the pitch.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 118
marinerdazza
August 7, 2022, 7:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Agree about the comments re segregation in the Osmond. Today the stewards were up against a comedy fat man and some gobby “hold me back” types. Needs sorting before we play Donny or Bradford.

Having said all that, my usual tickets in the main family area seem to be a bargain. Atmosphere in that area next to the Osmond is better than ever. Didn’t hear much from anywhere else...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 118
aldi_01
August 7, 2022, 8:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone else suspect we won’t bother putting fans in the ossie when we play away teams that will bring more?

They’ve said about 1200 allocation for some away teams, surely, with the tarp across the front rows that would stretch across the whole stand surely?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 118
Mendonca1995
August 7, 2022, 8:19am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from davmariner
Nothing much to add to what people have said. Other than having been at both games so far, I’m struggling to see what Green brings to the team or what makes him worth buying.

He got caught in possession a number of times today and tends to trot about as the game passes him by.

Yeah he lost the ball a couple of times but so did a few others I watched him from the main stand and he won the majority of his headers and tackles he organsided from goal kicks and set peices every time looks a right hard nut to me something we have missed for years he will pick the pace up no doubt and could be a big player for us once he’s fully fit and picks the pace up early days yet we’re 2 games in !!!

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 118
jamesgtfc
August 7, 2022, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
Anyone else suspect we won’t bother putting fans in the ossie when we play away teams that will bring more?

They’ve said about 1200 allocation for some away teams, surely, with the tarp across the front rows that would stretch across the whole stand surely?

If I can't get to the rare few games I can make on a Saturday because the Osmond is out of bounds due to stupid idiots gobbing off I won't be happy.

A total home sell out yesterday yet 1900 empty seats in the ground. Appreciate there were probably 700 empty seats in the Northampton section of the Osmond but did it look like 1200 home seats were missing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.