12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
mariners1
August 6, 2022, 7:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned yet I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Glennon’s set piece deliveries today as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 118
Wiley2405
August 6, 2022, 7:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Very welll deserved point, with that ref probably the best we could have got! Don’t think anyone played badly but mentions to Clifton, Smith, Taylor, Glennon and mainly to Holohan. Who all played brilliantly. How many balls does Holohan win in the air for a small lad? We need a little something upfront but apart from that I don’t think we have anything to be worried about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 118
Limerick Mariner
August 6, 2022, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,661
Gold Stars: 136
Clifton great work rate as ever but Holohan out clear as mom for me.

Morris tidy on the ball but Green looks a bit off the pace so far. I'm sure we'll see more of Wearne very soon. Seen nothing to fear so far from this League save the referees...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 118
TownSNAFU5
August 6, 2022, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,851
Gold Stars: 42
A question was raised above about looking for 2,000 seats to make up the capacity.

In the UF in rows R and S (about numbers 30 -40) there was a block of about 20 empty seats.  No idea why.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 118
davmariner
August 6, 2022, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Nothing much to add to what people have said. Other than having been at both games so far, I’m struggling to see what Green brings to the team or what makes him worth buying.

He got caught in possession a number of times today and tends to trot about as the game passes him by.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 118
moosey_club
August 6, 2022, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Much better than last week, looked a bit sharper and fitter...whether that is because Northampton were worse than Orient or we had improved markedly time will tell....
Start with a back a to goal striker, one natural winger and four centre midfield players of a similar ilk then chances were always going to be a premium, dominated but without much threat on goal. Holohan the standout midfielder for me.
They scored from a rare opportunity but looked more like a result of our poor play than them creating, possibly Green giving the ball up, harsh to be 1 down.
We reacted much better than last week, subs worked a treat, Wearne with an actual left foot on the left wing and Drew an actual winger made a huge improvement.
Cracking to come back and be pushing for 3 points, their keeper despite our real lack of goal threat still made a couple of cracking saves. Nice to get points on the board.

Utm

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 118
HertsGTFC
August 6, 2022, 8:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Thought we played really well to be fair and probably was the better side overall. Again, we did not give in which needs to stay part of our DNA.

Back 4 was solid, midfield worked hard and Taylor did what he does. Don’t think anyone had a bad game and MOM could have gone to Gav, Smith or maybe a couple of other as much as Clifton really deserved it.

Thought Glennon’ a set pieces gave some variation and the in swinging corner could cause some problems. I must say I’d have loved to have seen Cropper on for the last few minutes as we got at least 1 throw within his range.

We do need some players back and a few more additions though as in reality the bench was light. If we get a fair wind on this we’ll be comfortable.

Final points, though the lad took their goal well I thought Northampton where no more than “well organised” and the ref just needed to learn the f*****g rules and not allowed to be manipulated by visiting gob sh1tes.

UTM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 118
Limerick Mariner
August 6, 2022, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,661
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from davmariner
Nothing much to add to what people have said. Other than having been at both games so far, I’m struggling to see what Green brings to the team or what makes him worth buying.

He got caught in possession a number of times today and tends to trot about as the game passes him by.

Give him a chance - I read on Football Forum from a Halifax fan he was injured in the play-off game v Chesterfield and played on through his injury. He looks leggy / not fully fit - let's see how he is in a month...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 118
davmariner
August 6, 2022, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Give him a chance - I read on Football Forum from a Halifax fan he was injured in the play-off game v Chesterfield and played on through his injury. He looks leggy / not fully fit - let's see how he is in a month...

Agree, just my observations so far. Usually even when not fit you see flashes of what a player offers. Hope I’m proven wrong.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 118
Rodley Mariner
August 6, 2022, 8:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
He was in the conference team of the season, excellent against Town and Hurst's number one target. I suspect you have got it wrong and also that he'll do a lot of important but ugly work this season which will regularly get missed by fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.