August 6, 2022, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
An improvement last week I think.

Harry worked his balls off.
Holohan, Kiernan and Smith played well.  Like that Smith didn't take any excrement from their defender.
Taylor gets fouled a lot but rarely gets a free kick.  He's a nice bloke and far too honest.
Should have had JMD on earlier.
Not sure why we waited to concede to turn the screw.  We put some excellent balls in the box after their goal.  Our tempo raised.  
Northampton chap I met last night thinks we deserved the 3 points.  I tend to agree.
Referee was absolute crap. Worse decision during the head injury when we had the ball in a threatening position and he gives it to the keeper.  Absolutely woeful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 98
RonMariner
August 6, 2022, 5:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,009
Gold Stars: 216
That's a couple of very tough opening fixtures for us.

If only we had the easy start that Stockport had, home to Barrow and away to Stevenage. Easy 6 points for them.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 98
TAGG
August 6, 2022, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Good runout for the first home game of the season.
Holohan my mom
The new blokes looked good.
The two CDs are class
Hursts subs did the biz again.
Nothing to worry about in this league.

Ref was a buffoon of the first order.

UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 98
chaos33
August 6, 2022, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Mayaman
An improvement last week I think.

Harry worked his balls off.
Holohan, Kiernan and Smith played well.  Like that Smith didn't take any excrement from their defender.
Taylor gets fouled a lot but rarely gets a free kick.  He's a nice bloke and far too honest.
Should have had JMD on earlier.
Not sure why we waited to concede to turn the screw.  We put some excellent balls in the box after their goal.  Our tempo raised.  
Northampton chap I met last night thinks we deserved the 3 points.  I tend to agree.
Referee was absolute crap. Worse decision during the head injury when we had the ball in a threatening position and he gives it to the keeper.  Absolutely woeful.

Doesn’t the rule state that the ball has to be returned to the player who has it in the case of a game stop for a head injury? In this case - JMD. The ref confers with the assistant and they give the ball to the f@cking keeper?!?! How on earth did they arrive at that conclusion?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 98
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 6, 2022, 5:49pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from TAGG
Good runout for the first home game of the season.
Holohan my mom
The new blokes looked good.
The two CDs are class
Hursts subs did the biz again.
Nothing to worry about in this league.

Ref was a buffoon of the first order.

UTM

OMFG

Why didnt you let us in on that little secret sooner?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 98
Meza
August 6, 2022, 5:49pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from dicko995
Pepple in the players box watching the game, awaiting international clearance, hope that doesnt take long, reckon we need him, lack of strike force with all our injuries.

International clearance to sign for Luton?  As its a bit strange having to wait for international clearance twice (once for signing for Luton, and then again, surely not0

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 98
TAGG
August 6, 2022, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121

OMFG

Why didnt you let us in on that little secret sooner?

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 98
ginnywings
August 6, 2022, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33
7154 attendance. 400+ from Northampton. Are there 1-2000 empty seats?

Lot of empty seats yes. There were 2 empty on my left and 3 on my right, all reserved seats. Plus my nephews seat behind me was empty as he's away in Spain. Guess lots of people are away right now.

Or maybe I just stink.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 98
Teestogreen
August 6, 2022, 7:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Interesting when you look at T. Parsons refereeing record over the last 4 years.
He has fished out yellows and reds averaging around 5 per game.
Yet today on what looks like his debut - none.
Looks like he has been told to calm down and ignore everything on his promotion.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 98
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 6, 2022, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from denni266

Just because i dont lick the popular clic`s asses dont make me a wum.. I say it as i see it  dont like it dont read it , Its because no one is man enought to say anything we are down here in the bottom run , Apart from the odd few that is  

You are correct that there needs to be balance on the forum.

Stockwood & Pettit have done a good job so far. A combination of patience, loyalty, media understanding and, in the playoffs, a little bit of hard work inspired luck. The only misstep being the daft and avoidable club badge decision. However, even I have to cringe at some of the posts on here which suggest the new owners are some sort of perfect business and football Gods who can do no wrong. Unlike our previous owner, I’m pretty sure S&P are probably embarrassed by this beatification too.

S&P are new to this. They will make mistakes. But from the initial 18 months, the club’s fortunes do appear to be in much safer hands than the last incumbent.

However…you have a habit of posting baseless, misinformed drivel over and over again. You never post anything positive. I bet you were disappointed when we got promoted.

Your body of work includes:

- Today’s efforts - everyone, from the fans to the owners to Hurst know we are short of quantity and quality up front. It is very difficult to find any decent striker at the moment, even if we did throw fees and wages at it.

- Your regular and bizarre posts that Hurst should be completely transparent about players’ injuries, therefore giving an advantage to our opponents

- These zingers on McAtee:
If this is true and he wanted to go  and failed  he should not play for us again untill some loyalty has been shown . his team mates wont be happy that he wanted to go either.. And what about the fans that have paid out good money for season tickets expecting to see him play in a decent team. Urines me off , every time we get a good player we sell them . Hurst wont spend proper money on a striker  so we stay down here in the pits of the EFL .and struggle just being also rans . We are struggling to put a decent team out as it is at the moment and reported to be selling our best asset  talk about shooting yourself in the foot

Any sane person would sign for sign for a team who finished 6th in the Championship last season on 3, 4, 5 times their current wage. Once McAtee decided to go, there was little we could do but try and get the best deal we could.

- Repeatedly calling Hurst a ‘midget, never was never has been Poundland waste of space’. This is the second most successful Town manager in my lifetime who is very well respected by everyone in the game.

I don’t know why you dislike Paul Hurst so much but you seem to be obsessed. Is it some sort of repressed sėxual desire?

In summary, I don’t think there is a clique. The reason you get so many red crosses is because you post such utter, utter rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cobblers! No McAtee match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.