This thread currently has 7,539 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
wiggers
August 4, 2022, 10:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I have loved everything about the way the club has flourished under the fantastic new owners. The one thing missing for me is a statement centre forward signing. It would be the final piece of the GTFC transformation. No loan signing, an actual we identified this striker and paid the money required signing. Without it we will struggle this season. Come on Jason, Andrew and Paul, you know it makes sense…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
August 4, 2022, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Evening Captain Obvious…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
blundellpork
August 4, 2022, 10:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
In fairness to Hurst, he does have a good track record in signing strikers for us- Hearn, Hannah, Cook, Bogle, Amond, McAtee etc suggests he can find them.

We might be frustrated in having to wait, but I’m sure someone will materialise in due course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
wiggers
August 4, 2022, 10:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Evening, if it’s that obvious why we still dicking around? The fans have done their bit, record season ticket sales and sold out shirts. Time for some cash to be splashed on a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2022, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I guess patience is a virtue but I’m inclined to think that the supporters have done their bit. Time for a few signings that match the commitment of the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
Rodley Mariner
August 4, 2022, 10:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Yeah the fans deserve something back after the disappointment of last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
TheultimateMariner
August 4, 2022, 10:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from wiggers
Evening, if it’s that obvious why we still dicking around? The fans have done their bit, record season ticket sales and sold out shirts. Time for some cash to be splashed on a striker.

If it was so easy to come by these amazing strikers, then every team would have one. Patience.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 4, 2022, 10:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from wiggers

For the millionth time, there is a shortage of strikers in world football at the moment.

The prevalence of false nines and inverted wide players has meant there are a lack of centre forwards in youth football.

That’s filtered all the way down to our level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
lew chaterleys lover
August 4, 2022, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from wiggers

I do agree as I have argued on the Dallas rumour thread. At this level we are not talking about life-changing sums of money really, are we? We have been waiting a long time for a marquee signing of a striker and with the money the fans have shelled out last season and this, I personally don't think it is too much to ask to get a recognised striker who is in demand and will therefore cost money in a transfer fee and/or wages.

I think Hurst is like me - he likes a bargain and the challenge that goes into finding it - but an in-demand striker would be nice all the same.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
jamesgtfc
August 4, 2022, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
What is it with everyone tonight? Football returns to BP on Saturday and many of you will be there.

Nearly 6000 season tickets, we've retained all but one of those Hurst wanted to keep, just banked some money for our best asset in McAtee but managed to keep him here for the season too and Hurst is patiently biding his time for a striker.

That same patience saw Andy Smith walk through the door at the other end of the pitch last week too...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The one thing missing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.