Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 345 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 11,732 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
July 30, 2022, 5:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
A strange game. Pretty even first half and if Efete scores after a fantastic team move then who knows what might have happened.
I'd love to see the penalty decision again because I'm not even sure it hit his arm.
The second goal was as good a strike as you'll see all season. It effectively killed the game stone dead. The subs weren't able to influence the game in the slightest and I cannot remember a serious Town threat on their goal once the score got to 2-0.
Lots of positives from individuals. Smith was excellent throughout. Waterfall grew into the game after a pretty dodgy first ten when his lack of pace showed a couple of times. Clifton covered every blade of grass and Holahan stuck to his task throughout despite having a hefty bandage following a bad clash of heads. Crocombe relatively untroubled-no chance with either goals but nearly blotted his copybook late on trying to dribble out of his box. Mcatee was good in parts but tended to drift in and out.
The need for a striker was never more clearly emphasised.
Not too disappointed other than with the all round effort of the last ten minutes.
We go again.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Laddy89
July 30, 2022, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Thought Smith came in and played very well.

Efete looked fairly decent in spells, other than that it was fair lacklustre.

McAtee just looked angry all game.

Never mind, another 45 games, I don’t think we will know where we’re at until about 15 games in.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 77
Hagrid
July 30, 2022, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Onto Leyton Station

Even 1st half, a very poor refereeing decision and superb strike changed the game.

Efete missed a big chance first half, was end to end but we looked okay, Kiernan the brightest spark in a half stopped by constant injuries

Second half Holohan missed a golden chance, and then the ref see’s a handball which noone else saw, 1-0. We didnt really respond to that and within 5 mins an incredible strike saw it become 2.

We didnt really ever look like getting back into it and Orient saw the game out well whilst we were not helped by aj increasingly erractic referee.

We need a number 9 on that performance. And as soon as possible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 77
barralad
July 30, 2022, 5:46pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Merge please admin

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 77
headingly_mariner
July 30, 2022, 5:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Shocking decision for the pen and a worldie killed the game.

Town should've had at least 2. Thought a few of ours really struggled with today, in particular Green, Morris and Glennon.

Mcatee could've played Clifton through on goal 3 times and chose to shoot from distance every time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 77
chipsandgravy
July 30, 2022, 6:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Positives: Keirnan had a good debut, Smith picked up where he left off, Efete decent first half.
Negatives: No ball playing midfielder (yet) substitutes made no difference and sadly no response when we went two nil down from anywhere on the pitch.
They looked like it was a quick turnround pre-season.
Better to come though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 77
immariner
July 30, 2022, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
From the grainy video posted in the match thread it does look to me like it hits Waterfall's arm. If it does, it's impossible to argue that by the interpretation of the current handball laws, that the referee isn't within his rights to award a penalty. He does only get one chance to see it. That's not me saying I like the handball laws as they are now but no doubt we'll benefit from them at some point. Looking forward to seeing it in HD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 77
Plankton
July 30, 2022, 6:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,170
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from immariner
From the grainy video posted in the match thread it does look to me like it hits Waterfall's arm. If it does, it's impossible to argue that by the interpretation of the current handball laws, that the referee isn't within his rights to award a penalty. He does only get one chance to see it. That's not me saying I like the handball laws as they are now but no doubt we'll benefit from that at some point. Looking forward to seeing it in HD

I think it all falls into you make the chances. If Grimsby were attacking and pinging the ball at defenders we might've had the same opportunity of a penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 77
bradzmilne
July 30, 2022, 6:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Tough shift today.

Missed that outlet of a proper centre forward, as much as McAtee worked hard and wasn’t too bad. Unfortunately, I think it’s  imperative we have one before next Saturday. On the note of McAtee, very strange situation with his shoulder no more than 10 seconds in, looked like his shoulder popped out.

Smith will find Lg2 a breeze, absolute class act.

Don’t think the midfield was great but it’s difficult when the ball doesn’t stick in the final third.

There’s nothing I’ve seen today that concerns me about this team. Just didn’t get the rub of the green today.

As Hurst says, can’t get too high with the highs but equally you can’t get too low with the lows. Nothing is won or lose in Septe…Well July!

Utm

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 77
TwoLeftFeet
July 30, 2022, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
Hurst said we probably won't be were we want to be at start of season fitness and tactical wise.. think he was right..
Need a few more games together to be were we need to be.

Think everyone can see we need a couple more good options up front.

Orient looked decent tbf can't grumble with the score thought it looked a pen too the way the rules are now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 77
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.