Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 205 Guests

Town v Northampton tickets

This thread currently has 21,310 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 26, 2022, 8:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

Why do you benchmark everything against Fenty’s rein move on benchmark things against the best decision that can be made

Hence why I said 30 years. His dreadful rein or not, we’ve never had this many season ticket holders, and contrary to what many think, we’ve always had relatively poor home attendance (away too but we forget that).

The club have made a decision, cry bottom all you want but they’ve shown already that they generally make the right one…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 176
ginnywings
July 26, 2022, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I don't think some are quite grasping what we are doing in regards to accommodating more Town fans.

The Osmond holds 1800 and has 5 blocks- A B C D E.

Blocks A and B hold 600 and blocks C D and E hold 1200. There is a natural barrier between block B and block C.

We have to give 10% of capacity to away teams, so if we cover the first rows of seats in C D and E, we can give away fans 919 seats and also not have to have as many police/stewards because of the tarps.

That leaves blocks A and B for Town fans, which is 600 seats that wouldn't normally be occupied by home fans. I imagine against clubs with less away fans, that could be swapped around, so we have the larger section and them the smaller.

It looks from the ticketing plan for the Osmond that only row A is unavailable to home fans for whatever reason, which is about 30 odd seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 176
HerveJosse
July 26, 2022, 9:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't think some are quite grasping what we are doing in regards to accommodating more Town fans.

The Osmond holds 1800 and has 5 blocks- A B C D E.

Blocks A and B hold 600 and blocks C D and E hold 1200. There is a natural barrier between block B and block C.

We have to give 10% of capacity to away teams, so if we cover the first rows of seats in C D and E, we can give away fans 919 seats and also not have to have as many police/stewards because of the tarps.

That leaves blocks A and B for Town fans, which is 600 seats that wouldn't normally be occupied by home fans. I imagine against clubs with less away fans, that could be swapped around, so we have the larger section and them the smaller.

It looks from the ticketing plan for the Osmond that only row A is unavailable to home fans for whatever reason, which is about 30 odd seats.

It’s 3 rows A not on plan and B&C already greyed out when went on sale hence why there is a 20% or so reduction in capacity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 176
ginnywings
July 26, 2022, 9:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from HerveJosse

It’s 3 rows A not on plan and B&C already greyed out when went on sale hence why there is a 20% or so reduction in capacity

Fair enough, didn't know that.  

You have a valid point then regarding the home fans. Maybe the club should just bite the bullet and put extra policing in the 2 block home section. Maybe it's all or nothing?

It remains to be seen if we sell out that section first and foremost.

Guess we will know more as the game approaches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 176
Mikey_345
July 26, 2022, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,354
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think something needs to be done for exiles like you living miles away from BP. There should be a mechanism that grants people season ticket priority for away games within a certain radius of their address. You can never please everyone but a town fan living a stones throw from Sutton for example should have the opportunity to watch the game with their town supporting friends.

For totally selfish reasons I agree mate - difficult to see how that could be done though, could be open to a lot of misuse. In the meantime I’ll just keep my fingers crossed as Sutton’s away capacity has just increased..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 176
WetFlannel
July 27, 2022, 12:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
It will never happen and there’s many great reasons why (people having season tickets etc), but I’d love for clubs who will bring double figures to just give them the block of the main closest to the osmond and then to fill the Osmond with our fans. The idea of both sides behind  both goals being full of loud Town fans would be awe inspiring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 176
Limerick Mariner
July 27, 2022, 1:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair enough, didn't know that.  

You have a valid point then regarding the home fans. Maybe the club should just bite the bullet and put extra policing in the 2 block home section. Maybe it's all or nothing?

It remains to be seen if we sell out that section first and foremost.

Guess we will know more as the game approaches.

I expect Block B of the Osmond to open soon, probably tarped at the front as well. It will follow what was indicated by DC , using the structural segregation of the Osmond layout, and I expect this will be the norm. We also see if we release the 281 seats to Northampton if they need them.

We've 10 days to sell about 600 seats including the Osmond, plus ST buybacks which will be triggered in the last few days. I expect this will be a similar attendance to Stockport, but with more home fans and fewer away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 176
ginnywings
July 27, 2022, 1:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I expect Block B of the Osmond to open soon, probably tarped at the front as well. It will follow what was indicated by DC , using the structural segregation of the Osmond layout, and I expect this will be the norm. We also see if we release the 281 seats to Northampton if they need them.

We've 10 days to sell about 600 seats including the Osmond, plus ST buybacks which will be triggered in the last few days. I expect this will be a similar attendance to Stockport, but with more home fans and fewer away.

Yeah, it's looking that way.

Stockport game was 7800 with 1450 away fans and 6350 home fans.

The Northampton game will have around 7000 home and 900 away, if they sell all theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 176
lukeo
July 27, 2022, 5:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
The club are smart... IF we totally sell out of every home seat they may well open up the bottom 3 rows and recruit extra stewarding if it's needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 176
aldi_01
July 27, 2022, 7:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Of those seats covered in the osmond, are any regarded as restricted view? I remember at leat the first two rows being relatively low down…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 176
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.