Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

Town v Northampton tickets

This thread currently has 21,127 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
July 26, 2022, 12:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Tickets have gone on sale Northamptin end. They've been given an initial 919
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 176
diehardmariner
July 26, 2022, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,090
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We have to be able to give 10%, Debbie confirmed that in her interview last week. Some clubs may ask for much less but natural segregation is there for a 1200/600 split. If we were to give away fans 10% of our capacity, we would then need to segregate with covers. I guess an away allocation of 1200 comfortably covers us if we get temporary seats in too.

Is the natural segregation good enough for when Bradford come to town or will we give them 1800?

Thank you.

We all know the absolute frustration when it comes to away tickets and I don't want us to be 'that' club.  But I think I'm definitely leaning towards just drawing a line in the sand and saying you get 10%, that's it.  It doesn't matter if you can sell more or not, we're having 90% for ourselves.  I dare say with the exception of Bradford and Stockport, no-one is going to bring 900.  What we may lose in ticket sales to those two, I would like to think we would recover from our own ticket sales throughout the season, even if we had to lose a few seats due to segregation covers.

This will be unpopular but the layout of the ground isn't lending itself to this level of doing percentages.  Logically the easiest thing to do would be to split the Pontoon for home/away fans and have the Osmond exclusively for home fans.  That isn't going to happen (again), but you can certainly see why it was done back in the 1980's.

Very nice problems to have.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 176
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from diehardmariner

Thank you.

We all know the absolute frustration when it comes to away tickets and I don't want us to be 'that' club.  But I think I'm definitely leaning towards just drawing a line in the sand and saying you get 10%, that's it.  It doesn't matter if you can sell more or not, we're having 90% for ourselves.  I dare say with the exception of Bradford and Stockport, no-one is going to bring 900.  What we may lose in ticket sales to those two, I would like to think we would recover from our own ticket sales throughout the season, even if we had to lose a few seats due to segregation covers.

This will be unpopular but the layout of the ground isn't lending itself to this level of doing percentages.  Logically the easiest thing to do would be to split the Pontoon for home/away fans and have the Osmond exclusively for home fans.  That isn't going to happen (again), but you can certainly see why it was done back in the 1980's.

Very nice problems to have.

I think the point Debbie was making was that if we gave away fans 900 tickets, we would have to cover off about 300 in segregation so we may as well sell 1200. If a team is honest with us from the outset and only asks for 600 or less then we have 1200 tickets to sell home fans rather than 600. It all boils down to communication doesn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 176
diehardmariner
July 26, 2022, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,090
Gold Stars: 518
Ah, I see!  Having to cover off seats to segregate is a right pain then.

Definitely down to communication and getting it done early!  
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 176
HerveJosse
July 26, 2022, 1:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
The front rows in Block A are not for sale so looks like they are being covers anyway and I woukd guess they are getting 919 because she the fron rows in there blocks are covered also .
Not clear that anymore then Block A will be available to home fans
When it’s sold out in a few days and the attendance ends up being 8000 the club will then hopefully address the issue instead of the approach to date
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 176
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from HerveJosse
The front rows in Block A are not for sale so looks like they are being covers anyway and I woukd guess they are getting 919 because she the fron rows in there blocks are covered also .
When it’s sold out in a few days and the attendance ends up being 8000 the club will then hopefully address the issue instead of the approach to date

I think a number of people who can't attend every game will have bought season tickets to secure themselves a decent view for the games they can attend. Those red spaces in a home sell-out will be a cause of frustration, debate and complaint from fans that the club will have to deal with.

Certainly a good problem to have but I think it would be prudent of the club to openly discuss with fans what hoops the club need to go through and how optimistic they are of getting some extra seats in BP when, not if, we need them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 176
andypandy04
July 26, 2022, 1:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +11
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HerveJosse

Covering rows of seats is just pathetic and needless, just sell the blasted seats

You look in the dustbin for something to eat you find a dead rat and you think its a treat in your Lincoln slums in your lincoln slums.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 176
aldi_01
July 26, 2022, 1:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Imagine the outcry if a club only gave us 919 tickets knowing an away end held almost double that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 176
Hagrid
July 26, 2022, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from aldi_01
Imagine the outcry if a club only gave us 919 tickets knowing an away end held almost double that…

exactly!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 176
Poojah
July 26, 2022, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from aldi_01

I thought it was cúntish when Notts County did it, given they had the ability to give us another couple of thousand more but opted against it to give themselves a competitive advantage (that ended well).

I thought it was perfectly reasonable when Wrexham gave us even less, on the basis they had met the minimum requirement and would go on to sell every seat in the home end to their own fans.

If Town can sell those seats in the Osmond, and we’ve already sold 40 since they became available three hours ago, a week and a half out from the game, then there’s no issue whatsoever.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 176
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.