Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 217 Guests

Town v Northampton tickets

This thread currently has 21,281 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Bought 2 in Upper within mins of being available, other than 1 pair on front row, and restricted views they were the only two together available in there. All singles otherwise. Not looking good for us exiles in the future.

I live in Grimsby but as I work in non-league football at weekends, I won't know if I can go until last minute when there is a postponement where I'm supposed to be. I genuinely worry that I won't be able to get to the 3 or 4 games I will be able to make.

It's a great problem for the club to have but the lack of 2 seats next to one another suggests the club needs to look at bringing in some extra capacity pronto.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 176
diehardmariner
July 26, 2022, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,421
Gold Stars: 532
I think I'm more surprised than disappointed that the extra capacity issue hasn't been addressed yet.  Perhaps I'm looking at it too simplistically but the segregation of the Osmond is pretty much already there isn't it? The issue, as mentioned by others, is how many away fans are bringing and flip between the two sides accordingly.

Equally so the corners are just wasted potential.  I get that we can't expect people to sit exposed to the elements in November-February (although that's pretty much what happens in the Lower and other parts of the ground) but is it not feasible to get temp seats in the corners now and in the 3 months until the excrement weather hits plans are in place to give them some sort of cover?

In full agreement regards the restricted view seats, they're not fit for purpose and it's unfair to expect anyone to purchase one and see half of the pitch when there are unsold seats elsewhere in the ground.  I'd rather just write them off, focus on increasing the home capacity in other areas and then if needed can give those seats away for free/cheaper.

Comfort zone is probably a good term coined by Roast Em Bobby.  It does feel a bit like there's some sort of mental barrier going on that we can't/won't achieve sell-outs or even have the potential to exceed the capacity.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 176
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think I'm more surprised than disappointed that the extra capacity issue hasn't been addressed yet.  Perhaps I'm looking at it too simplistically but the segregation of the Osmond is pretty much already there isn't it? The issue, as mentioned by others, is how many away fans are bringing and flip between the two sides accordingly.

Equally so the corners are just wasted potential.  I get that we can't expect people to sit exposed to the elements in November-February (although that's pretty much what happens in the Lower and other parts of the ground) but is it not feasible to get temp seats in the corners now and in the 3 months until the excrement weather hits plans are in place to give them some sort of cover?

In full agreement regards the restricted view seats, they're not fit for purpose and it's unfair to expect anyone to purchase one and see half of the pitch when there are unsold seats elsewhere in the ground.  I'd rather just write them off, focus on increasing the home capacity in other areas and then if needed can give those seats away for free/cheaper.

Comfort zone is probably a good term coined by Roast Em Bobby.  It does feel a bit like there's some sort of mental barrier going on that we can't/won't achieve sell-outs or even have the potential to exceed the capacity.  

How are the top 3 rows of the Main Stand not classed as a restricted view? It is impossible to see any ball above head height. We play Northampton in 11 days and there aren't any half decent views for families.

The fact that the top 3 rows of the Main Stand remain unsold suggests they are the most undesirable seats in the ground so the club need to establish whether Northampton need 600 or 1200 seats and start selling what they don't need whilst also working hard to find out what additional capacity we can have.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 176
Son of Cod
July 26, 2022, 9:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from GollyGTFC
1,200 is the new maximum allocation.

Has that been confirmed? I thought in her interview Debbie Cook said that wasn't necessarily the case for all matches. It seems to me that some people have taken that to mean that they might slash the away allocation further, however I think what she meant there is that for certain games they might increase it back to the standard 1800ish. For the likes of Bradford and Donny for example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 176
diehardmariner
July 26, 2022, 9:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,421
Gold Stars: 532
Sorry, I know this has been done to death....but what percentage do we have to give to away teams, or at least offer?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 176
lew chaterleys lover
July 26, 2022, 9:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Son of Cod

Has that been confirmed? I thought in her interview Debbie Cook said that wasn't necessarily the case for all matches. It seems to me that some people have taken that to mean that they might slash the away allocation further, however I think what she meant there is that for certain games they might increase it back to the standard 1800ish. For the likes of Bradford and Donny for example.

If she did think that then it's a mistake isn't it? We have a small capacity and when home demand is so high then 1200 is adequate.

I agree with other posters about the Osmond should be opened up now for tickets if indeed that is the plan.

I think a categoric statement from the club would be good to sort ticket arrangements once and for all.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 176
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 9:54am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Sorry, I know this has been done to death....but what percentage do we have to give to away teams, or at least offer?

We have to be able to give 10%, Debbie confirmed that in her interview last week. Some clubs may ask for much less but natural segregation is there for a 1200/600 split. If we were to give away fans 10% of our capacity, we would then need to segregate with covers. I guess an away allocation of 1200 comfortably covers us if we get temporary seats in too.

Is the natural segregation good enough for when Bradford come to town or will we give them 1800?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 176
TownSNAFU5
July 26, 2022, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,856
Gold Stars: 42
The very high demand for tickets is ‘now”,  imagine if we start the season similar to last season?

Yes the Osmond needs sorting out early. This is the no 1 issue for fans after the team.

There is clear evidence that additional seating in at least one corner is needed this season.  The additional income will cover costs.  Needed as a customer demand anyway.  

Not sure the weather is a big an issue as we think.  Winters are milder. Some  Grounds still  have open stands.  Fans still have a choice if tickets sold match by match. We should have the choice at least whether to purchase an open stand ticket.  (I used the open stands in the 1960s ok).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 176
immariner
July 26, 2022, 10:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Restricted view seats SHOULD be cheaper by a quid or two, it's as simple as that. It shouldn't be a case of 'well we told you they were restricted'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 176
Poojah
July 26, 2022, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Block A in the Osmond now open. Less than 200 left in the Main.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 176
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town v Northampton tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.