7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 3, 2022, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
I’ll reserve judgment till we’ve finished the transfer window. Signings so far look decent but there’s gaps to fill yet.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Withnail
July 3, 2022, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 33
I've had my fill of accepting mediocrity over the last 20 odd years.

It is better to aim high and miss than to aim low and hit.

Top 3 places will do for me. As others have noted this is the easiest league to get out of. Let's kick on while we have momentum.

* That said, I won't have a meltdown on Twatter if we're in the play offs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
Poojah
July 3, 2022, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from Withnail
Top 3 places will do for me. As others have noted this is the easiest league to get out of.

It’s a piece of píss. Even Fenty managed it twice.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Withnail
July 3, 2022, 9:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a piece of píss. Even Fenty managed it twice.

Ha ha! See what you did there. You could also say Hurst has done it too!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
MuddyWaters
July 3, 2022, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Withnail

Ha ha! See what you did there. You could also say Hurst has done it too!

No you couldn’t.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Withnail
July 3, 2022, 10:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No you couldn’t.

For the record OC, I'm a Hurst loyalist. Go back through my previous posts if you can be bothered.

I was one of the few who said let's judge Hurst on the next half dozen games or so when he went through his sticky patch last season and the knives were out.

It's my belief in Hurst and this team which makes me optimistic for next season, possibly over optimistic, admittedly.

For what it's worth I still think we're a couple of signings short yet before we can be realistically classed as an automatic promotion.team, but I trust Hurst to make this happen.

I'd be amazed if PH, players and staff will not be aiming for a top three finish, even if they try to manage expectations amongst the fan base    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 4, 2022, 11:19am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,986
Gold Stars: 283
We won't get relegated or need to look over our shoulders, the perennial L2 strugglers are lining up for more of the same eg Stevenage didn't have enough players to make a team not long ago.

I have said it elsewhere - my biggest frustration when we got relegated was that a lot of the teams we played were sh*t but we were more sh*t than they were. There are still a lot of sh*t teams in L2 and we will be much better than last time.

In and around the play offs.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
TAGG
July 4, 2022, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Top three
Come on Town

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Swansea_Mariner
July 4, 2022, 11:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
We won't get relegated or need to look over our shoulders, the perennial L2 strugglers are lining up for more of the same eg Stevenage didn't have enough players to make a team not long ago.

I have said it elsewhere - my biggest frustration when we got relegated was that a lot of the teams we played were sh*t but we were more sh*t than they were. There are still a lot of sh*t teams in L2 and we will be much better than last time.

In and around the play offs.

This in spades just look at how excrement Scunthorpe were when we went down yet even they somehow managed to finish above  us. I think to get relegated from the league the level of incompetence needs to be outstanding. Astonishing that we managed it twice frankly. Can't imagine that we will trouble the bottom third of the table given the state of some of the clubs who perennially inhabit those slots.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
ginnywings
July 4, 2022, 12:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

This in spades just look at how excrement Scunthorpe were when we went down yet even they somehow managed to finish above  us. I think to get relegated from the league the level of incompetence needs to be outstanding. Astonishing that we managed it twice frankly. Can't imagine that we will trouble the bottom third of the table given the state of some of the clubs who perennially inhabit those slots.

It is astonishing that we managed it twice, three times but for points deductions, and still people defended those running the club. I still scratch my head at how difficult we made it to reach at least 50 points a season, given our level of support.

I have no doubts we will be nearer the top than the bottom and will win more games than we lose this time around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season-realistic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.