9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 1, 2022, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Perhaps he’s been at both, although you’d imagine he won’t e getting a deal at York. Surely, even if scunny offered him £1000 a week it’s better than a pole in the eye with a sharp stick. Better than no job and they’re clearly not queueing up…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 89
Kris2
July 1, 2022, 11:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01
Perhaps he’s been at both, although you’d imagine he won’t e getting a deal at York. Surely, even if scunny offered him £1000 a week it’s better than a pole in the eye with a sharp stick. Better than no job and they’re clearly not queueing up…

It's a club in the same area so he wouldn't have to move home or have a long commute to get in work, plenty of club legends have later turned up for rival clubs and done alright, the only ones who might throw a tantrum are the fans who think footballers should be fans of the club they play for.  
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 89
forza ivano
July 1, 2022, 11:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Kris2

Then show the picture. I don't get what it is with people and talking about something they've seen or heard and never revealing it.  

It's plenty plausible that he'll go on trial at a bunch of places so it's not like I'm saying this is a lie it's just boring when people rattle on they have evidence but never show it.

i think there's a picture on the Scunny fans facebook page which shows macca n whitehouse in a squad running session

the york pic on twitter seems to deffo show macca training with them. Im not clever, nor sober, enough, to do the links
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 89
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 2, 2022, 12:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Kris2

Then show the picture. I don't get what it is with people and talking about something they've seen or heard and never revealing it.  

It's plenty plausible that he'll go on trial at a bunch of places so it's not like I'm saying this is a lie it's just boring when people rattle on they have evidence but never show it.

It’s also boring when people can’t read and I have to repeat my myself, but hey, just for you big man from my initial comment …..I tried to upload it but it tells me the file is too big?

Happy to email it to you, if it will save you getting your undies in a twist ?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 89
Kris2
July 2, 2022, 3:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

It’s also boring when people can’t read and I have to repeat my myself, but hey, just for you big man from my initial comment …..I tried to upload it but it tells me the file is too big?

Happy to email it to you, if it will save you getting your undies in a twist ?

God you sound like a right sharp object, not even worth the effort. Let us know when you figure out how to use modern technology to upload a file somewhere and embed it.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 89
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 2, 2022, 8:09am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

God you sound like a right sharp object, not even worth the effort. Let us know when you figure out how to use modern technology to upload a file somewhere and embed it.

Not even worth the effort, but still replied. 😉  i sound like a sharp object? and this coming from someone who got all menstrual over a picture. Any other insecurities you want to air, or are we done here ? 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 89
Croxton
July 2, 2022, 8:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Kris2

It's a club in the same area so he wouldn't have to move home or have a long commute to get in work, plenty of club legends have later turned up for rival clubs and done alright, the only ones who might throw a tantrum are the fans who think footballers should be fans of the club they play for.  

Alan Hodgkinson, famous long serving Sheffield United and England goalkeeper, served as a goalkeeping coach at Sheffield Wednesday for a while. Whilst coaching at Oxford United he worked with a first year pro called...........Max Crocombe.

Factoid of the day?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 89
Maringer
July 2, 2022, 9:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I remember some years ago that Paul Groves left us to become Scunny's saviour and almost single-handedly helped them retain their Football League status. Perhaps McKeown will be Scunny's saviour this coming season to stop them being relegated to the National League North?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 89
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 2, 2022, 9:48am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I remember some years ago that Paul Groves left us to become Scunny's saviour and almost single-handedly helped them retain their Football League status. Perhaps McKeown will be Scunny's saviour this coming season to stop them being relegated to the National League North?

There was a time where Scunny used to pick up our scraps on a what felt like a yearly basis, either veterans or youngsters

Like you said Paul Groves…also Craig Shakespeare, Tony Ford, Paul Harsley, Jimmy Neil, Jamie Forrester, Michael Jeffrey, Ashley Fickling, Rob Taylor just to name a few who all went their upon being released by Town.

and of course for a while it came back the other way… Terry Barwick, Peter Beagrie…etc

Given Scunny’s current situation I don’t think many will begrudge Macca a move down the road if he gets a contract.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 89
GrimPol
July 2, 2022, 10:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Apparently Macca has been training at Scunny, got sent a screenshot that came from one of their subscription videos that shows what’s definitely the back of Macca with his gloves on in full training kit. Tried to upload it in here but apparently the file is too big.

Doesn't T Gallimores son play for Scunny?
Hope he drinks less
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.