PoutonStepover
July 1, 2022, 7:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Joey Jones has signed for Solihull, following the end of his loan with Town and his release by Dagenham.

Can’t see him doing much there, his attitude was absolute dogshite when he was here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
aldi_01
July 1, 2022, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from PoutonStepover

Can’t see him doing much there, his attitude was absolute dogshite when he was here!

Based on what evidence?

Performance wise he wasn’t up to much and that was proven in team selection but there’s little to suggest attitude was an issue.

Decent move for all involved I’d say…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
TAGG
July 2, 2022, 2:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
Kris2
July 2, 2022, 2:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Think Mani will do good for Halifax. Heard we actually wanted to sign him on a permanent deal but Hurst didn't see him as his first choice striker so he turned us down to seek other opportunities as a first team player.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 2, 2022, 3:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,514
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from aldi_01

Based on what evidence?

Performance wise he wasn’t up to much and that was proven in team selection but there’s little to suggest attitude was an issue.

Decent move for all involved I’d say…

Tend to agree with you re Jones as I remember the Stockport home game where he was having a stinker but he never stopped wanting the ball and didn’t hide despite not getting any better throughout the game. Sometimes moves just don’t work out and I am sure some of this summer signings will fail to live up to our expectations but that’s football and all you can ask of any player is that he gives 100% and IMO Jones did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Humbercod
July 2, 2022, 3:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Think people are being harsh on Mckeown maybe a bit of jealousy even. The guy has had a good career and deservedly earned himself a good standard of living he would like to keep it would seem. Now even if you’re skint and live in a 2 bedroom house you want to at least to maintain that standard. He’s still got bills and credit cards like all of us just because he has a nice big house doesn’t mean he’s rich, I bet just like most of us especially monthly paid he’s counting the days to pay day.

Hope he gets fixed up somewhere soon he’s still young for a keeper plenty of time for him to hit top form and even get back to league football. All the best to him I say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
HertsGTFC
July 2, 2022, 4:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217

If I was about to start negotiating terms with potential employers I’m not sure I’d go on national TV and tell people I’m skint.

This has worked in the past for other players.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.