3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
June 30, 2022, 8:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I was thinking last night about my feelings when Hurst was appointed, and hoping he kept us up, as i didn't see a return for a very long time, especially with what he had been left with.

Since PH took over in December 2020, 42 (might be slightly incorrect) players were involved in the squad from that season.
He's done some job in 1.5 seasons to tidy that up, get us promoted, and keep hold of all except 1 player from that squad that he wanted to keep.

Now looking at the future
New signings made:
Maher - 26
Orsi - 26
Wearne - 21
Glennon - 22

Very quick maths, makes our average squad age around 25, and only 4 players out of 19? over the age of 30 (Waterfall, Pearson, Scannell.. assuming signs, Taylor)

One day, he will get the recognition he deserves for this time around.
It also shows what can happen when this guy gets backed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
June 30, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,413
Gold Stars: 1,497
It’s a deceptively young squad, and even if next season only amounts to something of consolidation, I think we’ve got a really good chance of finding ourselves in League One within the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I don’t think I’ve been genuinely confident of such a thing since about 2006. Hopefully I’m actually right this time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Garth
June 30, 2022, 8:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Ditto
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
HertsGTFC
June 30, 2022, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
He’s building on and off the pitch, that’s what good owners allow good managers to do.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Swansea_Mariner
June 30, 2022, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Considering how good our back line was, particularly those starting
regularly at the back end of the season its amazing to think that only Waterfall was over the age of 23.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Nutsy
June 30, 2022, 10:02am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Considering how good our back line was, particularly those starting
regularly at the back end of the season its amazing to think that only Waterfall was over the age of 23.

I agree, supplementing that with permanent signings of Glennon and Maher has been very impressive (on paper!).

I’ve read that Maher is left footed too which should be an even greater tool for playing it out.

Very excited for this season. If we secure that chap from Mansfield, and add another CM and striker along the lines of the quality already signed, then we look a very good team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
TownSNAFU5
June 30, 2022, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
We thought that we had a realistic chance of getting back in the EFL in 2 or 3 seasons.  We are ahead of schedule.  With the owners, managers, squad of players, fans and momentum there is no reason not to target and reach the playoffs this season. We are only talking about 7th position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Superdan147
June 30, 2022, 10:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
An excellent manager and a fantastic person. Came back when we was in an absolute mess, obviously didn’t quite manage to keep us up, but thought he at least gave us what remebled a football team from February onwards and a team that gave us hope. Massive rebuild last summer and signed some excellent players. Thought we played some really good football throughout last season,  we always looked fitter than every team i thought also? I think he was a good manager in his previous spell, but he’s even better now.

Hopefully the idiots who want him out when we inevitably lose a few games or have a sticky spell look at the bigger picture and remember what he’s done for this club (2 promotions, numerous trips to Wembley) and you can guarantee he will be working his socks off to put things right.

Easily the best manager we’ve had since buckley. No bullshitting or bravado, just a meticulous manager who works incredibly hard for this football club, giving us a team that works equally as hard, playing some good football and one we can really get behind.

I love the four little yorkie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
mariner91
June 30, 2022, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Nutsy

I agree, supplementing that with permanent signings of Glennon and Maher has been very impressive (on paper!).

I’ve read that Maher is left footed too which should be an even greater tool for playing it out.

Very excited for this season. If we secure that chap from Mansfield, and add another CM and striker along the lines of the quality already signed, then we look a very good team.

Who’s the chap from Mansfield?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Hagrid
June 30, 2022, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,344
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from mariner91

Who’s the chap from Mansfield?

one of those stupid twitter accounts that people still take notice of said we want to sign George Lapslie on a free, then said we will pay 20K

the usual bullshit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst tenure so far

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.