Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get in Glennon!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

Get in Glennon!!

This thread currently has 8,946 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
June 29, 2022, 10:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Obviously 4 full backs now that all offer something different but in Efete and Glennon we have 2 wingbacks with real energy and drive to fly forward. Amos is improving all the time and has a good left foot and obviously Cropper has the real weapon in that long throw.
With 7 subs this year, all 4 can be involved.

Really need an experienced keeper to challenge Crocombe, 2 centre mids, 2 wingers and a pacey striker now. Maybe another centre back if Longe-king wishes to move on. Squad getting closer now.

Oh and McAtee contract extension  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
louth_in_the_south
June 29, 2022, 10:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Let’s give Battersby a chance of being the back up instead of going on about signing another keeper ?

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
Stew0_0
June 29, 2022, 10:41pm
Brandy Drinker
On another note I find it interesting that Hurst says in his statement that he never seen Glennon play which leads me to believe he's taken advice on this signing, perhaps from Dave Moore, before making the offer. Shows that transfers are a collective amongst all staff and think last summer Hurst said something similar along the lines of due diligence with help from Davies, Doig and others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Tommy
June 29, 2022, 10:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Stew0_0
On another note I find it interesting that Hurst says in his statement that he never seen Glennon play which leads me to believe he's taken advice on this signing, perhaps from Dave Moore, before making the offer. Shows that transfers are a collective amongst all staff and think last summer Hurst said something similar along the lines of due diligence with help from Davies, Doig and others.

He doesn't say he hasn't seen him play, only that he hasn't worked with him before personally.

I very much doubt Hurst would sign anyone having not seen them play at some stage of his career.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
toontown
June 29, 2022, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
The club will have videos of all his performances for us anyway, and ben davies was working here as a coach when he played for us under hollowhead.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
toontown
June 29, 2022, 11:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Glennon doesn't seem to have impressed at barrow but He's still only young and we have seen how good he can be.

Probably when he joined us he had hopes and expectations of playing in the premiership one day. He comes down and plays against orient in front of  a massive vocal following, having only previously played in front of 1 man and his dog at u23 level and by all accounts loved it from the off. Impressive performances follow, popular with the fans, i remember him being brilliant away at Bradford. Enjoying a derby win away at scunny in front of the travelling town horde  he must have been buzzing. Then covid happens and it all ends.
Fast forward a couple of years and in his final year of his contract at Burnley he is probably realising that ipremiership dream is unlikely to happen and he has to make a career for himself in the lower leagues. Gets a loan to barrow, starts well then has a nightmare game, fans get on his back maybe and maybe his confidence just unravelled and got into a rut.
At least here he will have afresh start but also the advantage of fans knowing what he is capable of when on form and thus get a bit of slack to get his mojo back. When on song he is easily good enough for this league.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
LocalLadGTFC
June 29, 2022, 11:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,119
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from toontown
Glennon doesn't seem to have impressed at barrow but He's still only young and we have seen how good he can be.

Probably when he joined us he had hopes and expectations of playing in the premiership one day. He comes down and plays against orient in front of  a massive vocal following, having only previously played in front of 1 man and his dog at u23 level and by all accounts loved it from the off. Impressive performances follow, popular with the fans, i remember him being brilliant away at Bradford. Enjoying a derby win away at scunny in front of the travelling town horde  he must have been buzzing. Then covid happens and it all ends.
Fast forward a couple of years and in his final year of his contract at Burnley he is probably realising that ipremiership dream is unlikely to happen and he has to make a career for himself in the lower leagues. Gets a loan to barrow, starts well then has a nightmare game, fans get on his back maybe and maybe his confidence just unravelled and got into a rut.
At least here he will have afresh start but also the advantage of fans knowing what he is capable of when on form and thus get a bit of slack to get his mojo back. When on song he is easily good enough for this league.

I actually believe he played 4/5 times in the premiership due to how good he was at Burnley. Was the U23’s captain and obviously highly rated by Dyche. I imagine the change in management probably hasn’t helped him or the relegation.

Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 49
toontown
June 29, 2022, 11:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I actually believe he played 4/5 times in the premiership due to how good he was at Burnley. Was the U23’s captain and obviously highly rated by Dyche. I imagine the change in management probably hasn’t helped him or the relegation.

Hes player in fa Cup and/or league Cup games for them I believe but hasn't played in the premiership. He has been in premiership matchday squads several times though I think without getting on the pitch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Maringer
June 29, 2022, 11:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Some players are more effective when the team is on the front foot and I suspect that this was perhaps the case with Glennon at Barrow last season. During the early days of Holloway's time here, we were a very positive team with some good attacking players and that would have helped Glennon, giving him the chance to push forward. Barrow had a really poor season all round and were very low-scoring, only surviving by being less crap than Scunny and Oldham (which is all you need to be, of course), but trying to grind out results might not have helped Glennon show his better aspects.

Hopefully, we'll be on the front foot most of the time next season and will see the best of him, providing he wins the place ahead of Amos. I'd trust Hurst and Doig to help him prove the defensive side of his game if required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
Stew0_0
June 29, 2022, 11:51pm
Brandy Drinker
A minority of fans club concerned at fans opinion and Glennon's form at Barrow should remember Waterfall's season during the relegation season of 2021. Some players can only play as well as the others around them, not all players suit a certain playing style and If Anthony can get close to the form he was in during the loan period, we've one hell of a full back for this level!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get in Glennon!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.