3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
soccerexpress fc
June 25, 2022, 5:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -2
Gold Stars: 1
Follow the Mariners to away games
In Style always on time to arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the build up to the game
Why Not Join the new Grimsby away Travel Club
Join Now Email info@soccerexpress.co.uk
Membership Only £10 but you get that back in the form of Discounted Travel
As a Member you get a priority tel line for booking  your seats and a members email address.
Members get priority for booking onto our Coaches..

Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 25, 2022, 5:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Grimbo?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
lukeo
June 25, 2022, 6:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Where was you when we was sh*t?

I hope it's successful for you, I really do. But not at the expense of the group that do it to every game regardless of division, distance etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
dapperz fun pub
June 25, 2022, 7:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I’m all for this , growing the club in any way possible is a good thing and I don’t think it will affect the hardcore support who go on the supporters bus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
arryarryarry
June 25, 2022, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from lukeo

I hope it's successful for you, I really do. But not at the expense of the group that do it to every game regardless of division, distance etc.

Where were lots of our fans when we were excrement?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Limerick Mariner
June 25, 2022, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 131
Eye watering fuel prices, erratic train services and high fares unless you book way ahead to get a low advance fare, perhaps the bus is back as the main form of transport for away games. Dozens of bus loads to West Brom in the cup in 81 feck knows how many at Anfield 80 - 100? You don’t really see that so much any more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
lukeo
June 25, 2022, 9:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
I'll never forget Blackburn at home, they must have had 50+ coaches. They filled the away end and there were loads in the main stand where I was sat at the time. Haven't a clue a date or year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
lew chaterleys lover
June 25, 2022, 9:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from lukeo

I don't understand that attitude at all. If you have that mindset, we will never progress, have any extra fans, never sell more shirts, never sell 5000 plus season tickets, and certainly not have alternative travel arrangements to get to games.

Believe me, watching Town in front of 1,800 in 1969 when we were indeed s**t is not preferable to seeing the whole Town buzzing and home match tickets on a par with gold dust. I hope this is just the start of a new golden era, where travel companies, sponsors, and new fans all come together and send those less successful times into the distant past.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Limerick Mariner
June 25, 2022, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from lukeo
I'll never forget Blackburn at home, they must have had 50+ coaches. They filled the away end and there were loads in the main stand where I was sat at the time. Haven't a clue a date or year.

Here you go  - [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kB0bHXQng[/url] 91/92 - the only time Blackburn have filled the Osmond I think...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
lukeo
June 26, 2022, 6:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Here you go  - [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kB0bHXQng[/url] 91/92 - the only time Blackburn have filled the Osmond I think...

Thank you but it was definitely later than that as I was only 3 at the time of that game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
lukeo
June 26, 2022, 6:10am
Season Ticket Holder

I don't understand that attitude at all. If you have that mindset, we will never progress, have any extra fans, never sell more shirts, never sell 5000 plus season tickets, and certainly not have alternative travel arrangements to get to games.

Believe me, watching Town in front of 1,800 in 1969 when we were indeed s**t is not preferable to seeing the whole Town buzzing and home match tickets on a par with gold dust. I hope this is just the start of a new golden era, where travel companies, sponsors, and new fans all come together and send those less successful times into the distant past.

It was a bit of tongue in cheek. I just hope people continue to support the supporters club coach team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
lukeo
June 26, 2022, 6:14am
Season Ticket Holder
I have found the game, it was televised in 2001.
https://youtu.be/hLPoZtnPdNo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
DB
June 26, 2022, 6:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from lukeo

"Thank you but it was definitely later than that as I was only 3 at the time of that game!"

You must have some super mathematician at 3, counting up to 50. LoL

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
grimps
June 26, 2022, 7:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
They filled the away end when Dalgleash took over and was spunking Jack Walkers money about , to be fair their fans never seemed to travel too well even when they was successful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
aldi_01
June 26, 2022, 8:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Can only be a good thing, whilst the supporters club have been over land sea for town, there needs to be an alternative and probably on better coaches.

I’ve been many away games on Terry’s/Bernard’s buses but that was then, I tend to drive now and to be honest, I’m not sure how you’d ever book on Terry’s buses, I guess sending out an SOS on here or on social media for a number…

I do know some town fans that also feel the buses are a bit of a clique, not my opinion nor do I think it’s true but it’s a perception held by some.

An alternative and another option is always a plus for fans…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
gtfc_chris
June 26, 2022, 8:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 110

I think what Lukeos getting at - and I agree - is that there has been a core of Town fans who have voluntarily organised and ensured we have a service to fans via coach for years.

He said he hopes Soccer Express are successful (because it benefits the fans no doubt), but not at the expense of those people who have been working hard for years to offer a coach service. I don't think anyone will be overly fussed how fans get to away games, just that we get there at all, but the sentiment is let's not abandon those who have provided for years.

I highly doubt people will abandon them so I don't think it's a risk. Again, Lukeo said he hopes they're successful as I'm sure we all do because it means we're continuing the forward momentum we're experiencing, so I don't think it's a negative attitude, just a thought that recognises the stellar work of others and the hope it doesn't adversely affect them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Deckhand
June 26, 2022, 8:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Why don't the Club help Terry Hall more??
He does a hell of a lot sorting away coaches and in the past go sod all help from GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
aldi_01
June 26, 2022, 8:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Deckhand
Why don't the Club help Terry Hall more??
He does a hell of a lot sorting away coaches and in the past go sod all help from GTFC

I’m not sure what it was like prior to Fenty but I’d imagine the disdain for fans that Fenty had made it impossible to form any sort of relationship.

I don’t ever really remember much of a relationship other than you could get Bernard’s number from the ticket office…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
lukeo
June 26, 2022, 9:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I think what Lukeos getting at - and I agree - is that there has been a core of Town fans who have voluntarily organised and ensured we have a service to fans via coach for years.

He said he hopes Soccer Express are successful (because it benefits the fans no doubt), but not at the expense of those people who have been working hard for years to offer a coach service. I don't think anyone will be overly fussed how fans get to away games, just that we get there at all, but the sentiment is let's not abandon those who have provided for years.

I highly doubt people will abandon them so I don't think it's a risk. Again, Lukeo said he hopes they're successful as I'm sure we all do because it means we're continuing the forward momentum we're experiencing, so I don't think it's a negative attitude, just a thought that recognises the stellar work of others and the hope it doesn't adversely affect them.

People have financial advisors

Maybe I need to employ you as my speaking advisor. Well put, thanks mate. See you in two weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 26, 2022, 9:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
The coach travel back in the 90s was great. Longer trips had a video player on board and you could have a drink too. Always well organised by Bernard and can’t really remember any issues.

I know many now like to get there under their own steam and many times make a weekend of it.

But, totally agree with the post above where it would be great for the club to be involved in some way. Maybe even the trust

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
crusty ole pie
June 26, 2022, 1:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Terry will always look after the regular users of his service and long may it continue but for big games I don’t think he wants or needs the aggro of running more than two coaches. It becomes a full time job managing the event
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
promotion plaice
June 26, 2022, 2:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

For anyone that went with them to the play-off final Soccer Express are offering a good deal to Rochdale....

"Rochdale on Saturday 13th August,  Coach Travel only £22

For those Clients who went to The Play Off Final at the London Stadium with us the price is only £12"

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
dapperz fun pub
June 26, 2022, 9:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from promotion plaice

For anyone that went with them to the play-off final Soccer Express are offering a good deal to Rochdale....

"Rochdale on Saturday 13th August,  Coach Travel only £22

For those Clients who went to The Play Off Final at the London Stadium with us the price is only £12"

If we get off to good start I can see us taking 2-3k here but even if we don’t it will be a thousand plus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Les Brechin
June 26, 2022, 9:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If we get off to good start I can see us taking 2-3k here but even if we don’t it will be a thousand plus

I wonder if that brilliant chippy right opposite the away end is still there.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 26, 2022, 9:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

I wonder if that brilliant chippy right opposite the away end is still there.

You reckon that dogs still around to p1ss on the advertising boards?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Away Travel Club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.