DB
June 26, 2022, 6:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,974
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Sod treading carefully I want us stomping anything that gets in the way We're Tiwn We're back and We're going Up .You can't stop momentum and when PH gets back to back promotions he will be right up there with Sir Alan

Gold star man for man Micky, enthusiastic and positive. Of course we're going up, well said.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
June 26, 2022, 7:26am
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Good job you don't care what anyone else thinks.

I've no idea what you mean, I started a post which was my considered opinion of what might happen this new season.  Whether you or anyone else agrees with it is neither here or there.  Of course it is there to be discussed and people will voice their own opinions, but when someone says I am moronic, I take offence to that and will reply in kind.  I have been supporting Town for 71 years now, and have always backed them to the hilt, and nothing in my post says anything different, it just requires people to read it carefully and then pass their opinions if they so wish.  

Reply: 51 - 58
Croxton
June 26, 2022, 9:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 123614

I've no idea what you mean, I started a post which was my considered opinion of what might happen this new season.  Whether you or anyone else agrees with it is neither here or there.  Of course it is there to be discussed and people will voice their own opinions, but when someone says I am moronic, I take offence to that and will reply in kind.  I have been supporting Town for 71 years now, and have always backed them to the hilt, and nothing in my post says anything different, it just requires people to read it carefully and then pass their opinions if they so wish.  

Your sentiments were echoed in other posts without the same pile ons of red crosses. Seems personal invective more related to previous threads perhaps? This is where Twitter and Fishy merge into The Twishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
RonMariner
June 26, 2022, 10:13am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
I think we should comfortably be a L1 club given our support base. The odd thing is though, that we have only been in L1 for five season in the last 42 years. And then only stayed there for a single season each time, being promoted three times and relegated twice.

On the other hand we were in the second tier for 18 seasons between 1981 and 2003. You could say that we were punching above our weight being up there, but that is one hell of long time to be sustaining a presence there so maybe, if well run, we can realistically aspire to further spells in the Championship at some point in the not too distant future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
White_shorts
June 30, 2022, 3:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -624
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
FFS its DIVISION 4 not the champions league, get a grip.

Exactly.  We should be pushing for promotion again.

It annoys the fook out of me that the likes of Accrington, Burton, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, FGR and Morecambe are in League One ahead of us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
grimps
June 30, 2022, 4:22pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
I think we’re gonna get promoted every season and I expect when the club are assembling a squad in pre season and asking for season ticket sales that the squad should be capable of this.

That being said last season was the first we’re I don’t believe we’d go up so it shows how much I know 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
June 30, 2022, 6:00pm
Guest User
"Tread carefully" is good advice for life (these days), but after careful consideration I'm of the opinion we're going up.

The signings we've made look 'on the money' to me.
Reply: 56 - 58
HertsGTFC
June 30, 2022, 6:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from White_shorts

Exactly.  We should be pushing for promotion again.

It annoys the fook out of me that the likes of Accrington, Burton, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, FGR and Morecambe are in League One ahead of us.

It doesn’t annoy me and looking at their differing journeys to get there it doesn’t surprise me either.

I think the ambition every season should be to sustainably get out of the league where in. Aspire to what you like but conquering the immediate challenge needs to be the focus.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
Heswall Mariner
June 30, 2022, 9:44pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614

Don't take the bait Bear. I have been an avid fan since 1957 - 65 years. Ignore the red crosses - we know stuff so keep on posting my son. xx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We should tread carefully

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.